Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Did anyone see the ABC news with Sawyer in Afghanistan ?

In her report she gave poll results which showed great support for The Surge by OBAMA but overall b/c of the last eight yrs they only had an approval rating of America of 38% . Which makes sense seeing that we basically abandoned them knowing they were the seat of terrorists predominantly looking to do harm to us.
I thought it was quite telling since 80% of Iraqis wanted us gone during the troop surge and only something like 30% in Afghanistan want us out of there.
Seeing all the kids walking around and talking to SAWYER was very sweet .
I blubbered like a scalded baby when she asked them what was the difference between them and American kids and they said they thought American kids were always smiling.
I had & still have qualms about the surge in Afghanistan but seeing all those innocent people whose country is trying to be taken over by tyranny made me see since we started it and probably made it worse for them by doing so, that we owe it to them to try and bring some semblance of Democracy to them.
I finally get what so many of my soldier friends have attempted to convey and see how tantamount the war in Afghanistan is to the spirit of America !

HH

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would prefer if we brought democracy back to the U.S., personally.

However, I do not think 'democracy' can be created, in a lasting sense, from the outside. I believe if the ideology of democracy fits the people, they will find their path to it.

After a decade of little progress, I think the greater issues in Afghanistan are identity and poverty, and future policy should focus on combating both as they are the foundation of the internal division that prevents the all holy democracy from taking root.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Poverty, and Reza Aslan would argue, youth, are the backbone of extremist violence.
If the policies do not address poverty and unemployment, along with fighting the groups that are violent, the mission will prove to be about as effective as cutting one head off of Hydra.