Dick Cavett

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by Chevlan, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Chevlan

Chevlan New Member

For those who don't know who Dick Cavett is; he was/is an extraordinary intelligent and funny man that conducted some of the best interviews with a handful of the most fascinating and allusive stars in the 70's. He had a head full of longer blonde hair and was an extremely handsome man in his days. Somewhat of a shorter compact man. TNT is rebroadcasting some of his best interviews every Thursday night. Tonight, they broadcast part 1 of one of his best with Katherine Hepburn. Concludes next Thursday night. I remember watching his interviews and always him closely for any hint of bulge and/or fantasy of what he looked like in the all together. Found myself wondering again tonight. Anyone else? <G>

2. lemonhead

lemonhead Member

I too have always found him very attractive; however, his intelligence and smooth style are half of his appeal. He does seem to be notably short in stature, but with a lithe and senewy frame and a somewhat boyish Irish Catholic face.

He has aged remarkably well too. I recently purchased a couple of his boxed sets on DVD (highly recommended, by the way!), in which he has included brand-new prologues for each episode. For a man who must be pushing 70 years, he looks great.

I can easily imagine being very pleasantly surprised to have seen him in the "all together" back in the day.

3. Chevlan

Chevlan New Member

I'll have to check out the DVD and see what interviews are on it. BTW - I errored in the 1st post. It is TCM that is rebroadcasting the interviews; and yes, Dick Cavett today does a short introduction before each showing. I imagine TCM markets the boxed set.

I'm not 100% certain it was Dick Cavett that was the interviewer; but, recall watching an unlikely pair sitting across from one another on the set ...Janis Joplin and Raquel Welch. Raquel Welch was tryinig to come across as the intellectual; and naturally, failed horribly. She kept making snide remarks with sexual innuendos about Janis Joplin to Janis Joplin. Joplin was taking all in stride until Welch set herself up for the perfect slam-dunk by Joplin. This was many moons ago; but believe Joplin only had to make one comeback in her own unique way that immediately shut Welch up.

Joplin died 36 years ago. Is this a figment of my imagination or does anyone else remember this interview? Was it with Dick Cavett?

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Member

That was Cavett, and the interview is one on one of his sets. There's a pretty common-knowledge rumor that he and Joplin fooled around.

(By the way, if you like Cavett you also MUST see his interview with Marlon Brando, who was fresh of his LAST TANGO IN PARIS film and looking HOT!)

5. mikey41

Gold Member

I remember watching Dick Cavett on one of those "Pyramid" games hosted by Dick Clark. Cavett fucked up and he was pissed about it and began to take his shirt and tie off. Clark was getting more and more uncomfortable as it seemed Cavett was not going to stop until he was shirtless. Needless to say, he stripped to the waist and looked damn good. The whole thing I found highly erotic and it gave me a chub.

6. Chevlan

Chevlan New Member

Well; I watched Part 2 of Dick Cavett's interview with Katherine Hepburn this evening on TMC. Gawd ... he sure was a hottie! The way I understood the interview; it was KH's 1st TV interview, and the TV set with Dick Cavett was only a trial to see if she would feel comfortable filming. There was no audience per se except for studio people. Have to admit it was such a great interview. Dick didn't wear his usual 70's suit; but, some casual white (tight) pants. Didn't get to witness any bulge; but, could definitely see that he had some athletic/thicker thighs than imagined. This guy was such a hidden hunk in his days!!!
    Feel sorry for the younger people that don't even know who he is. If curious; tune into TMC on Thursdays to see when they are rebroadcasting.

7. agnslz

Gold Member

{quote=Chevlan}
    Feel sorry for the younger people that don't even know who he is. If curious; tune into TMC on Thursdays to see when they are rebroadcasting.[/quote]

I was one of those "young people" right up until about age twelve or so!:tongue:

However, I can't think of Dick Cavett in a sexual way!:biggrin1: I think it's because I first knew him by watching Beetlejuice when I was a child. I agree that he is a wonderful, intelligent and very funny man! His voice just kills me and to hear him say something sarcastically funny is a treat indeed. I saw him on Imus in the Morning on MSNBC a while back and he was hilarious. Again, great man, but I can't think of him in that way!:smile:

8. pinky

pinky New Member

I'm sorry, but I always found Dick Cavett exceedingly pompus and phony! The man is from Nebraska for Godssake and he tries to pass himself off as a monied Harvard grad. He is also little and elfin with a large head and tiny body. Just recently, in the last few years, he has disclosed that he has been Manic/Depressive for most of his life. The man gives me the creeps!:mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted