dick head shape

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

jjdov26: what would you guys say the shape or style of your penis head is? So far, the options above stand for:

1) mushroom shaped -- a large head whose rim is flared larger than the shaft

2) helmet shaped -- classic head shape with a pronounced "V" shape underneath. Not as flared as a mushroom

3) spear shaped -- a thinner, triangular head shape that is as thin or thinner than the shaft.

4) other shape -- that is up to you guys, but please post an explaination for your shape.

Also, if anyone wants to post, which shape is better for sex? Which do women prefer do you think? Is a well hung guy more prone to have a particular shape? Do women care anything at all about the size of a guy's dick head (in addition to his general size)? Any posts on the topic are welcome.

2. Max

Max New Member

Just one comment ... if like me you are mushroom shaped with a pronounced corona, there is going to be extra friction both on entry and withdrawal. It is good and means extra stimulation, but in my experience it adds to the need for preparation and care on insertion. This has to be all the more true for many lpsg members - whose shaft is already wide, and where the extra flare of the head means entry needs all the more care.

My experience is that this remains true even after many years of a relationship; if you have to be gentle going in, you have to be equally careful coming out, the overhang creates a sort of "barb" effect.

I suppose in my case a wide corona is made a bit less of a problem by a reasonably gentle taper to the tip.

3. benderten2001

Gold Member

My, what an interesting topic! I'm not an expert, but I guess I am a "student" on the subject of penis having read and learned for over ....(uhhh, insert any number over 40 years, here!) and I can offer the following comments:

Penis head (glans)--whatever the name, shape (i.e. mushroom, helmet, spear, etc) is THE most sensitive area of the penis; not excluding the top side of the shaft of the penis (dorsal nerve) and the tender underside area of the glans (including the frenelum (spelling?) which is that thin flap of skin connecting the foreskin to the area near the meatus (urethral opening).
    --Unfortunately, in circumcision, the frenulum is often removed; costing the man a source of great sensual pleasure!

The mere initial "introduction" of the glans portion of the penis during intercourse is a highly erotic, pleasurable part of sex for the partner. The sensitive pinkish corona ridge of the glans is super-sensitive as well and creates the necessary (additional) friction required to hit those sensitive areas within the vagina. Men with the larger (mushroom) glans (whose corona width exceeds the overall girth of the penis shaft) will have to learn to be extra careful upon entering (especially for first time partners) as pleasure could easily become "bloody painful" quite literally. Even in long-term sexual relationships, the bigger size men MUST learn to be slow and careful and gradually work up to deeper penetration over time--particularly when exceptional shaft length and girth are yet additional factors to learn to reckon with!

Lubrication will make intercourse easier--particularly for a larger glans. Understandably, a spear-shaped glans will make for somewhat an easier entry to some degree. Uncut (uncircumcised) men require less (applied) lubrication and the "reported" advantages of a gliding foreskin over the glans during sex is topic material for yet another seperate LPSG thread!

The glans of the penis itself is effective for stimulation even beyond penetrating intercourse. Gently rubbing the glans (and I suppose especially here, the larger mushroom shape head) across the clitoris and lightly "tapping" it can make some women wild to near orgasm...again, almost in a "teasing" manner of what's yet to come later perhaps in fully entering, then followed by regular intercourse!

Also, because initial entry into the vagina (as intercouse begins) is so pleasurable, many men learn to "tease" their woman with only the glans portion of the penis entering, then withdrawing, then re-entering just the glans repeatedly slowly but surely...in / out; in / out in succession over a number of times ever so gently and slowly...Very pleasurable for her...very sensuous. Okay--again, that "teasing" effect. (Now, honestly, isn't it great to do that ?)

And, without great further detail, the sensitivity of the glans itself makes for great pleasure for the man in fellatio (oral) stimulation.

Of course, men with an exceptionally large glans are always challenged to find properly fitting condoms. (It's not always about shaft length or girth!) Read those other LPSG threads!

The point here to verify how significant the glans is; that the glans is an integral part of the penis and that it was obviously designed for both function and pleasure.
    ahhhhhh.......enjoy ;)

As to what type (shape) glans is common among the large, well-endowed men on the LPSG ? --the sky is the limit....there are likely going to be all kinds represented throughout the membership! Again, it's not how big or how it's shaped...it's how the guys learn to use it and learn to bring that use to sensible and sensuous pleasure for their mates and partners...thus, adapting to all the variances represented.

4. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: I'm shaped wide like the mushroom but with a tapered tip like the helmet. The flare of the head gets plenty wider than the shaft. All of my gf's have expressed astonishment at this feature of my anatomy. Also notable: The flare seems to increase most just before ejaculation.

Lubrication is a must. I indeed have had to learn to be slow and gentle during both insertion and, more often, withdrawal. The barb effect, I guess. I can't say I've ever gotten "stuck" inside but I have had gf's request me to wait a few moments after cumming before pulling out.

5. Imported

Gold Member

jjdov26: how would circumcision affect dick head shape? Not at all; or does having a skin simply hide the head so you can't tell what the shape is?

6. lellelind

lellelind Member

I don't think that circumcision affects the size or the shape of the dick head. Not if the foreskin was healty.

Yes, the FS hides the shape of the dick head unless it's a very flared or big dickhead. Most foreskin covered dick heads looks pretty muck the same. It's when the foreskin is drawn back that one can see what the dick head really looks like.

7. Max

Max New Member

[quote author=lellelind link=board=meetgreet;num=1042065029;start=0#5 date=01/09/03 at 10:36:45]Most foreskin covered dick heads looks pretty muck the same. It's when the foreskin is drawn back that one can see what the dick head really looks like.[/quote]

Not sure I agree. With a 'semi' my mushroom type head tends to stand out in an obvious way under the foreskin, and puts it under visible strain .. though it takes a full erection to force the skin back.

8. benderten2001

Gold Member

jjdov26:   Some of us here could be very suspicious of you!...afterall, you've started a number of threads about penis head size, shape, etc...Are you doing some kind of research paper or, a thesis on this topic?  :D      
    Well, this IS the right place to get good responses and we're only too happy to oblige!

My "take" on circumsision / foreskin and its effect on the glans is based on what appears to be the obvious....we have all types of penis sizes in this forum not to mention cut and uncut status. One would think a tight foreskin would ultimately hold back / inhibit full growth of the glans during puberty but it most assuredly does not!  We have "big uns" with big knobs, intact or trimmed up... apparently throughout the membership!

The one effect of foreskin on the glans would have to be in the case of the medical condition called phimosis whereby the skin absolutely cannot clear the glans...It is an extreme "muzzled" effect that can produce pain and is a real nemisis to deal with.  In the medical clinic where I serve as administrator, we had a patient awhile back (mid to late thirties, married, father of several kids) and he had a severe case of phimosis.  The attending physician asked me to refer this man to a urologist for circumcision.  Not being an advocate of circumcision myself, I asked the MD if there was any other option.  The doc said (quoting, now verbatum--"if he doesn't get at least a partial circumcision (i.e. dorsal slit) he will lose his dick!"   'Seems this patient had "strangulation"of his penis in that the circulation was being impaired in his glans and the outer third of the shaft from too-tight-a-foreskin...He was facing (eventual) gang-grene (dying away of the tissues) and he truly was in jeopardy of amputation.  He opted to see the urologist and I presume he got surgery.--What baffles me to this day is how he endured this life long condition and why he hadn't sought treatment before (or, how or why it suddenly worsened) by that age!

9. Imported

Gold Member

jjdov26: sorry about the apparent multitude of threads on the subject. What happened was that I started a thread about penis head size, but the conversation began to move more toward the shape question. Some people in that thread brought up the fact that such comments were off subject. So I started a new thread for the shape question.

No research paper for me. Gosh, I don't think I could ever talk about this subject with someone in person, much less present a paper on it.

But thanks everyone for you comments. Any women care to comment?

10. Imported

Gold Member

Ineligible: Mine is mushroom - I've seen a theory that the shape is designed to push any sperm that another male has already deposited backwards during thrusting, so yours has the best chance. (The assumption seems to be that monogamy cannot be relied on.) If this theory is true, a strongly flared head would be the most evolutionarily adapted (or perhaps might come from groups where monogamy was particularly unreliable).

11. Imported

Gold Member

jjdov26: Wow, that is really an interesting idea. I guess the penis is shaped VERY funny. i never really thought about it before. what you said would make a lot of sense then, for that flared head.

that being the case, do you guys with large, very promonent, flared heads feel more evolved or masculine because of your head shape?

could it also be that a large flared head gets more stimulation during sex? wonder if having a bigger head makes sex feel better?

12. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

Till now, my answer was the only "other shape". It means my penis head is some 50% mushroom, some 35% helmet and some 15% spear-shaped. Of course, the percentages are just a way of putting it, I didn't really calculate.

It's proportionate, aesthetic. That's all.

13. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: I went ahead and put "other" because I think mine is somewhere between "helmet" and "spear." That is actually a hard call for me to make since I haven't done alot of comparisons on that score. But I am certain it is not "mushroom."

My head has always seemed to me to be somewhat smallish in proportion to my shaft. Overall, my penis tapers a bit toward the head--it is 7" girth at the base, just over 6" along most of the usable shaft, and (as best I can measure it) between 5.5"-6" around the widest part of the head. Though the head seems proportionately small to me, I have had a few comments about my "huge" head. I guess small on my penis is still large compared to most penises.

I am convinced that the shape of my head is a big help with intercourse. It minimizes the difficulties with insertion. If I had a big flaring mushroom, I am sure it would make insertion more problematic, as other guys on this board with similar-sized penises but flaring heads can attest.

14. Imported

Gold Member

jjdov26: I guess, since I started this thread, I ought to reveal mine.

It is a classic Helmet I think.

The flare of my head is only stlightly larger than the shaft, but it does not tapper down like a spear. I guess it is "full bodied", but not overly large.

Always wished it was bigger

15. Imported

Gold Member

Maximillian: I would have to say mine fits under other but only because there wasnt the choice for mushroom/helmet. Mine is a combo of both and very pronounced when I am erect.

16. lellelind

lellelind Member

Max: Yes, that's true! I forgot to mention that I was refering to a flacid penises.

17. Imported

Gold Member

jjdov26: looks like there are not many spears.

Is a spear kind of an "inferior" head shape? Do people not want to admitt to it? or are they just rare?

18. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I don't think it's inferior; it's just a structural matter.

To be honest, though, the more talk about dick head shapes, the more I'm tempted to wonder about my own. :-/ Perhaps I was hasty in calling it a "spear." This would be the perfect time to simply pull it out next to a guy and compare the three types of shapes, if possible.

19. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I'm a mushroom.

Does that make me a fungi?

Pecker

20. jay_too

jay_too New Member

mr. baggins..

or maybe...a fun guy.

jay

yeah, i know...b a d!!