Dick.net/RateARod is hacked or gone?

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Since so many LPSG'ers are also members at Dick.net, I thought I would start a thread about what might be going on with that site. I hope this post is not a conflict of interest for LPSG's owner, since so many of us are or were members of both sites. I just thought people would be interested in knowing, and perhaps others have more information as it develops.

Two days ago, if you tried to go to, or sign in a Dick.net you were redirected to a YouTube video of an extra-large, manic, man recording "his last visit" with, apparently his mental health doctor. It was accusational, and seemed like a confrontation, but mostly a garbled mess.

You could try every which way of getting to Dick.net's sign-in page, to no avail, always redirecting to the incomprehensible video.

People started leaving angry comments on it, assuming this guy had just hacked the site to get attention for his YouTube channel, and his "new career as a visionary entertainer."

As the angry comments piled up, others noticed that if you expanded the video's "About" to see all the info the poster had written about the video, it included info about how we could support his new career, including a long list of domain names that he is selling, which included Dick.net and RateARod. Not good news for the members, especially those that paid for VIP status.

Many more comments ensued, especially from people who frequented the busy chat/cam room there, exchanging contact info, lamenting, and more angry messages, now assuming that this character was most likely "Dick Hunter", the infamously inattentive owner of Dick.net and RateARod.

Speculation ensued with possible scenarios: The dude went off his meds, and off his rocker, and pulled the plug on dick.net on his way out? Maybe he has it all backed up, and really is trying to sell it intact? Or, wiped it clean just to sell the domain name?

Today, the video was removed along with his YouTube channel... I'm imagining YouTube got hundreds of complaints about it, but perhaps he removed them himself. How he would be promoting the sale of his domains is anyone guess. And, why he would kill it just to sell the name seems completely insane and sociopathic.

So, my guess is that it is gone. A sad conclusion of a thriving community with a few thousand very active members. A single owner destroys a whole community and all their profile's content, pics, videos, blogs, and worst of all, their "Friends" connections, once again.

Respect to Rob_E for sharing administrative duties, and always having a sharp panel of Moderators here.

A/B

PS: I chose this forum to post this in, but if it should be in Etcetra, Etcetra or elsewhere, please move it.

Last edited:

jchris

Superior Member
Media
The site was apparently a lot more than about dicks, sort of a "Second Life" for dick lovers. I've noticed the same about other sites like "showyourdick.org" etc. People apprently have made long standing "relationships" and "friendships". My personal opinion is that long standing relationships and friendships only have substance when they happen in the real world not in the cyber-world. When someone can hide behind a computer screen or a smartphone, and not really have to be accountable for their actions, it greatly diminishes the credibility of the whole endeavor. Therefore I'm not really that upset about it, there will always be another site like it to take its place. Next!

marlins

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It takes ALL kinds of crazies in the real world and the world of internet...

Thanks for checking into it AB - am going to wait a few days and then cancel my VIP status there.

Thanks also to our LPSG board and members for our sanity.

Have a great day.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ah, Marlins, you reminded me I meant to tell everyone who had VIP there, to call ccbill to cancel it, as it bills monthly. That guy could still be making thousands a month off of a site he killed!

Breaking News!
I was just informed that Dick.net was hosted on GoDaddy, and it is no longer listed there. I'm betting it is dead.

I won't miss the rather juvenile Forums there much, But, I will miss the excitement of checking out all the new JO videos and cock pics, and camming in the chat room. But then we have all that here, just not on the same level of activity.

A/B

PS: To jchris, above, believe it or not, I have made many friendships with people I have met online, but have never hugged. Some of them call or Skype me, and email me more than my family members for years. Is that not a "real" friendship?

Last edited:

jchris

Superior Member
Media
Didn't mean to step on anybody's toes, just stating my opinion. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion too.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The site was apparently a lot more than about dicks, sort of a "Second Life" for dick lovers. I've noticed the same about other sites like "showyourdick.org" etc.

It was no more so than LPSG is... Jchris... And, here you are.

But, if you don't mind, I would like to keep this thread to be informational, about whether or not the site is dead, rather than personal opinions about internet friendship in general. There are many other threads for that already here.

There are a lot of people bewildered by the situation, some of them quite upset because it was a storage place for their personal writing, etc... The purpose of this thread is to let them know what happened, and help re-connect friends.

To quote one comment on the awful video that we got redirected to:

"It would have been nice to at least been given notice so we could collect our things, and say goodbye."

A/B

Last edited:

hotcockalex

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ah, Marlins, you reminded me I meant to tell everyone who had VIP there, to call ccbill to cancel it, as it bills monthly. That guy could still be making thousands a month off of a site he killed!

Breaking News!
I was just informed that Dick.net was hosted on GoDaddy, and it is no longer listed there. I'm betting it is dead.

I won't miss the rather juvenile Forums there much, But, I will miss the excitement of checking out all the new JO videos and cock pics, and camming in the chat room. But then we have all that here, just not on the same level of activity.

A/B

PS: To jchris, above, believe it or not, I have made many friendships with people I have met online, but have never hugged. Some of them call or Skype me, and email me more than my family members for years. Is that not a "real" friendship?

Thanks for the heads up

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are welcome RoccoBD... A bunch of us that used the site as a place to blog, aside from gawking at cocks, have gotten in touch, hoping it isn't dead, mostly so we can recapture our writings, but also because it was a great venue to meet people from all over the world, like LPSG is.

But, I am doubtful that Dicknet will re-appear, at least intact, as it was. I think the owner really did pull the plug on it, because for the last 3 years he became more and more irresponsible to the site, and unresponsive to problems and complaints. Several of us offered to take over administrative duties, tech support and forum Moderation, and let him just kick back, to no avail... He never even responded to us.

Many people optimistically think it is just temporary, because they only sign-in via the phone app, which now gives them this slightly hopeful message: "This website is temporarily unavailable, please try again later."

He clearly stated that the domain name was for sale, in the fine print under the video the we were originally redirected to.

And, yet, this website, www.issitedownrightnow.com says it is UP, but has permanently changed it's URL... Weird!:

Is Dick.net Down Right Now? - Dick.net not working

Time will tell?

A/B

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The only news on this, is that the timeline of the owner's decision to kill off the site, coincides with his sudden burst of craziness on his Twitter account, on July 16th and 17th... There was mention of himself "jumping off the bridge"...

Garsh darn it, I sure hope he doesn't do that... It's a total hassle for the Coast Guard to deal with.

;)

Reactions: hornyguy269

Panoptik

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Good riddance. I was going to log on to remove my account... but I guess 'Dick Hunter' spared me the hassle. The site hasn't changed AT ALL in seven years. It was crap in that sense, but I did make some cool connections on there years ago.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If interested in further developments the most active thread about the demise of DN is in the PEGYM.com forums:

Dick.net is hacked or gone?

If you google: dick.net news ... that thread is the first item listed.

Cnysitlum: There is... LPSG.com!... lol

And, Squirt.com, CruisingForSex.com (no cam room, though), Dudesnude, Bateworld.com, and I'm sure many more.

A/B

Last edited:

hotcockalex

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If interested in further developments the most active thread about the demise of DN is in the PEGYM.com forums:

Dick.net is hacked or gone?

If you google: dick.net news ... that thread is the first item listed.

Cnysitlum: There is... LPSG.com!... lol

And, Squirt.com, CruisingForSex.com (no cam room, though), Dudesnude, Bateworld.com, and I'm sure many more.

A/B
Thanks again for the news, following your Tumblr now :smile:

tugginithard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yea, this totally blows and not in the good way. Made a lot of friendships, online jack buds, and a few hook-ups through dick.net. It was awesome.

Fun meeting like minded guys here on LPSG. Anyone have other online favs? I used jackinchat years ago, but it got lame.

Sad day for hard cocks everywhere. Lol. If you wanna beat off in memory of dick.net, hit me up on skype: tugginithard (under 35 plz. Thanks.)

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just guess-timating, but I think about a third of my contacts on Skype and YahooIM, ones that actually respond to Hello's, or reply to messages, and get their dicks on cam, are guys that I met via dick.net. Luckily we connected elsewhere, and are still connected. Since most guys use a different name on every site they use, it could be years before bumping into someone that you knew at DN. Or you could be talking to him for years and not know it's the same guy, unless you exchanged your other names... I keep it simple!

JackinChat... oye... Now there's a site that hasn't made a change in ten years, other than making access to their cryptic IRC-based chat room (no cams), more difficult.

And, then when you get there, it might as well be the last time you went there 5 years ago, with the same closet cases asking each other, "So, have you ever jacked off with a guy before?"... lol... The owner could not care less about his site.

A/B

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks again for the news, following your Tumblr now :smile:
You're welcome Alex... Hope you enjoy the pics and videos on my blog. I try to add some new stuff to it every day.

It's not an lpsg.com or dick.net substitute, but there is a lot of stuff to jack off to... Plus, I try to make it funny... :)

A/B