Dick.net/RateARod is hacked or gone?

AJ789

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Was sad to see the recent problems with Dick.net, had lots of fun on there in the past. Maybe we can make this forum or a similar one a place for other Dick.net refugees to meet up?

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AJ789, there was plenty of duel membership, but both sites have/had different priorities and style. I'm definitely inviting Dick.net friends to join here if they haven't already.

I received another "Today's Birthdays" email from Dick.net today, so, I assume it is still intact as a site, but is just offline.

A/B

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Have any of you, who were members, also been receiving "Today's Birthdays" reminder emails from dick.net? I've received three, 3 days in a row. These are automatically generated, but you only receive them if in your profile settings, you Allowed them so you are reminded of "Friends" birthdays.

It seems to me that this could only keep happening if the site is still intact. Perhaps it really is in a state of suspended animation waiting for a buyer. But, that is just conjecture on my part.

A/B

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just to kick a "dead horse", a Dick.net friend of mine, asked a website-tech savvy buddy of his to investigate the site's status, and as to why some of us are still receiving notices from it, but still can't access it... I've been receiving "Today's Birthdays" emails almost daily since the site went down.

His friend reported back that: "He sent data requests to its server via all legal methods, the server terminated all incoming data requests. But it is still sending "outbound data packets", (notices). He said this is typical behavior of websites under construction, doing updates, or upgrades, or dealing with severe technical issues such as server problems or data leakage from hackers, but it's definitely not shut down... Apparently if a site is taken down for good on a third party server, you would be re-directed to a "domain" message page."...

Meaning, in plain English, for those of us who are not programmers or webmasters:

The site is still existing in "cyber space", someone is still in charge of it, it is still sending out notices, (
"outbound data packets"), but, it is not accessible to its members because it is offline.

And still, despite many of us doing searches for a legal, (publicly accessible), death certificate, or an obituary for it's owner, Shaun Tierney, (DickHunter), of San Francisco, CA, there is nothing to be found, even though his "friend" reported his death in the site's Forum, joining the site only to report that, as his first and only post.

Oh well, I guess he killed it off, or maybe he really is looking for a buyer?... We shall see...

In the meantime: R.I.P. Dick.net... You will be missed by many.

A/B

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For those who are interested, here is another conversation going on about the demise of Dick.net, and possible ways of resurrecting or replacing it, as well as the usual "it's all about me!" type posts from guys who can't stay on topic.

The end of Dick.net? - @ Measurection - Discussing Man at Length

The latest post there:

"My guess is that the notifications will continue as long as the owner/webmaster wants them to. It is also possible that if he continues to send out notices - he may be leaving the door open for a come back.

I also presume that his website is alive and well and sitting on servers somewhere - he has simply taken them offline. Temporary or permanent - we don't know.

I have websites used for business and can take them offline and live again with one click.

So we shall see where this goes.

Oh - one more thing - regarding his unfortunate demise - or lack there of - a check of the SSA Master Death Database - no record of anyone by his name dying. I call BS on that part."

A/B

Last edited:

crzykitten13

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ello my dick.net folk.. I am here now.. thank you Action for letting me know about this thread... if u remember me from dnet.. shoot me a message and send a friend request. I l know many of you have changed yer names and I won't know it's u.. unless you drop your pants ;) Keep in touch with me :)

jchris

Superior Member
Media
Yea, according to the forum post, Shaun's family is running the site now. Somehow running a dick-posting site doesn't strike me as the All-American family activity. But who am I, it might be as American as apple pie and adult-onset diabetes. I feel a little self-conscious about grandma looking at pics of my dick though :-Þ

Reactions: nicnic

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes... and YAY!... Dick.net is back up, although possibly temporarily. Please sign in and read Shaun's sister's heartfelt appeal to it's membership. Although it is sad about Shaun's death, it is truly a great thing to get answers to what happened and what the future may hold for the site.

Owner and webmaster of dick.net has passed away - Page 7 - dick.net Forums

A/B

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So far, so good, but possibly just a temporary "fix"... Lively discussions going on there in its Forum about how to re-connect with "Friends" on it, and possibly save the site.

Thanks to LPSG.com for allowing us to stay in touch with what is happening to that site... Very much appreciated!

A/B

Irishbttm69

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys, I did a little searching on Google and ran across this. Now I'm not certain, but it does say that the current status of dick.net is a section 8. I don't know if that means a bankruptcy section 8 or a section 8 as in being discharged from the military for being...um..unstable. Still, I too had a profile on dick.net, but was not as fortunate as some to create long standing relationships.
Anyway, here's the link I found: http://www.trademarks411.com/marks/77419405-social-networking-for-your-penis
Current Status: CANCELLED - SECTION 8

If you click on Tierney, Shaun towards the bottom you'll see two others that are "DEAD", but there's ONE link that is still alive:
TXT ROULETTE Tierney, Shaun 85036359 4771032 May 12, 2010 038
LIVE

I'm just fortunate that I've run across LPSG where many of the dnet people have started amassing. :)