Dick size to Condom size

Sexyback

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey guys, I'm just curious on how guys know when they should be moving to larger size condoms. My bf is not a fan of condoms but recently he has been wearing one and hes thinking about trying a larger size but I'm not sure if he needs one. ive viewed many pictures of guys on this site and many of you have quite the package. Do most of you guys wear large condoms.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I switched to Magnums not to long ago. The reason was they hurt! I had been using regular condoms, and they were always tight, and there was always a bit of pain, but I thought for the longest it was due to a super hard erection. After reading many stories from other folks on here, I realized that regular condoms were entirely too small, so I decided to switch over to Mags, and have never looked back.

lacuna22

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i'm a little over 8 in length and pretty girthy at 6.5in. i just always assumed i only needed a regular size, but i can remember them often feeling overly tight. then, about ten years ago a girlfriend bought me some magnum XLs and they feel great. i don't quite need all the length of them, but the width is very comfortable yet still snug enough to know they'll stay on even during the more passionate moments. for whatever all that's worth.

B_Knob Denver

1st Like
Media
judging from your wonderful gallery photos :smile:

I would have to say yes, I realize he is penetrating you however the condom still looks like its straining him. I myself am 7.5 in length and 6 inches thickness, it also makes it more difficult to keep erection when condom is squeezing so tight. Yeah i would recommend he at least gives it a try.

you have been having sex w/o condoms and switched too??

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Condom comfort is always a thickness issue. If you're 6+ inches thick, then you're definitely going to need larger sized condoms.

Length isn't really a problem because most condoms are 7-8 inches long and most people don't fill up that much length anyway. Regardless of how long you are that much coverage is good enough.

Last edited:

Ururu18

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I started wearing Magnums last year. From What I see I'm a bit thicker than your BF but If he wears a Magnum it should be okay. If regular one aren't for him then he should upgrade to a bigger size

80deezel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If he likes more sensitivity then go with the larger thinner condoms.You might not like the way magnums feel so buy the large condom sampler.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Condom comfort is always a thickness issue. If you're 6+ inches thick, then you're definitely going to need larger sized condoms.

Length isn't really a problem because most condoms are 7-8 inches long and most people don't fill up that much length anyway. Regardless of how long you are that much coverage is good enough.

I found length was an issue. Most regular condoms would stop half an inch to an inch before the base no matter how hard I tried to pull them down.

And in the days of STD's you want to cover the whole thing.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I found length was an issue. Most regular condoms would stop half an inch to an inch before the base no matter how hard I tried to pull them down.

And in the days of STD's you want to cover the whole thing.

Yeah I used regular condoms all for about 30 minutes one night. I could never even get them over my head w/o strangulating it or ripping the condom, much less figure out if they were long enough! :tongue: I know some regular condoms are 6", some 7", and some 8"... so who knows which ones you had.

I'm just saying that 'in general' when people are claiming they need bigger condoms it's more times than not due to a girth issue and not a length one.

I personally use Magnum XLs, have been for about 7 years now. They seem to accomodate me pretty well, without being a huge distraction. Although there is about .5-1" at the bottom that doesn't get fully covered due to my curve and even though they are pretty thick I still get a red ring at the bottom of my cock and lots of squeezing in the head area. :mad:

==

You mentioned STDs as well in this day and age and that is great to be concerned about them.

However, the 2 main ones that people would be worried about getting from skin-to-skin contact are HPV and Herpes... BOTH of which are not 100% preventable by condoms.

Meaning you can have 100% of your cock covered with a condom, but any rubbing/touching/etc. in your pubic area has a chance to transmit either.

So definitely fully cover your cock with a condom, but don't expect that to be fail safe when it comes to preventing STDs. :smile:

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah I used regular condoms all for about 30 minutes one night. I could never even get them over my head w/o strangulating it or ripping the condom, much less figure out if they were long enough! :tongue: I know some regular condoms are 6", some 7", and some 8"... so who knows which ones you had.

I'm just saying that 'in general' when people are claiming they need bigger condoms it's more times than not due to a girth issue and not a length one.

I personally use Magnum XLs, have been for about 7 years now. They seem to accomodate me pretty well, without being a huge distraction. Although there is about .5-1" at the bottom that doesn't get fully covered due to my curve and even though they are pretty thick I still get a red ring at the bottom of my cock and lots of squeezing in the head area. :mad:

==

You mentioned STDs as well in this day and age and that is great to be concerned about them.

However, the 2 main ones that people would be worried about getting from skin-to-skin contact are HPV and Herpes... BOTH of which are not 100% preventable by condoms.

Meaning you can have 100% of your cock covered with a condom, but any rubbing/touching/etc. in your pubic area has a chance to transmit either.

So definitely fully cover your cock with a condom, but don't expect that to be fail safe when it comes to preventing STDs. :smile:

Haha that's a good problem to have. Magnum XL's are a bit long for me, but girth wise fit fine. I think regular Magnum's are actually bigger in circumference if I'm not mistaken.

I get that red ring too, even with the Magnum's and like I said I'm not huge around either. For the longest time I thought regular condoms were how they were supposed to fit until my girlfriend brought home a magnum.

When I tried it on and realized how incredibly tight regular ones were, I was surprised and never went back.

B_HornyAuzzie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can wear regular or large size, regualr feels alot tighter around my cock head tho, and some regulars have broken on me...I have never had a problem with large size. His cock is pretty thick, I would give the large a go.

SwingDriver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My girlfriend at the time suggested I try Magnums. After we broke up, I finally did. It was a revelation, to say the least. The biggest difference for me it that they are a lot easier to put on, especially when initially unrolling them over my helmet head.

For reference, I have about 5.75 inches of circumference, and I've tried the original Magnums, and the XLs. I can use either.

My recommendation is for any penis as thick as mine or a little thinner, Magnums will work well. For any penis 5.75 inches or thicker, try the XLs.

I've also tried the Magnum Thins, and they are great for my thickness--I think I prefer them to either the originals or the XLs.

In the states, Target and Walmart have Magnums for less than $6 for 12, but if you want XLs for a reasonable price (about $6), find a Walmart because Target doesn't have them.

CVS and Walgreen's also have XLs, but they charge around $12 for 12, so I won't be contributing to their CEO bonus (bone-us) plans knowingly paying $6 more than I have to.

Last edited:

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I use to buy XLcondoms for my bf, and clerks use to look at me like WHOA! And then one clerk said,"You wish, try the smaller size." as she laughed. I said," Sweetie, these aint goin on me, they're goin in me." SNAP!:wink: She got all red in the face and got quiet. So funny.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I use to buy XLcondoms for my bf, and clerks use to look at me like WHOA! And then one clerk said,"You wish, try the smaller size." as she laughed. I said," Sweetie, these aint goin on me, they're goin in me." SNAP!:wink: She got all red in the face and got quiet. So funny.

Why did she assume that you weren't going to be using them? Seems awfully bold of her to say that and really have no idea. :confused: