"Dick" vs. "Cock?"

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was just wondering...
Is there a technical difference between the term "dick" and the term "cock" when referring to the male sexual organ? Or are they both basically synonymous?

Once I heard it explained that "dick" refers to an underdeveloped penis on a young boy or an adolescent, whereas "cock" refers to a fully developed, long, thick, juicy penis on an adult male stud.

What do you guys think? Have you ever heard about a difference between these two terms? I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, they're slang, so they are open to a LOT of interperetation... however, for what it's worth:

When i hear the term "Dick" it seems to be mostly in a derogatory sense. "Cock" seems to be more sexual/lusty.

Examples: "He only thinks with his dick." "He has a huge cock."

Reactions: queencitymeat

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think there's a difference, it's all down to personal preference what you say. Dick as a word for penis is used much less here in the UK, than in the States. In fact, when I come to think about it, I think I've only ever heard black Brits call their penis their dick.

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think I have used the term "cock" for my penis ever. I called my penis a dick when I was younger and that is all I heard from friends and such, but when I was a young adult I was with a mixed group of friends with dogs and I heard one girl (young woman) mention that her puppy had something stuck to his "penis". I had never heard anyone talk about penises in polite company before and I thought the correct term didn't sound a coarse as the word "dick", and not as suggestive as the word "cock"...so I have a penis. That's what I call it.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the states in 1930s they used to call a investigator a dick. Its funny to see old movies using this term............:tongue:

I can say that I've known a few dicks in my life and I used to have a fondness for fags :eek:

Please translate to UK english before shouting at me.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
There's also the term 'knob', which is used quite widely in the UK (more amongst younger kids) for the whole penis, although technically it's more accurately a slang term for the glans alone.

weecallum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
in the UK it's probably fair to say that 'cock' implies an erect member and carries overtones of its sexual function, whereas 'dick' is far more suggestive of the flaccid state and its excretory function.

this carries over into the use of penis-related slang as derogatory terms for people who are not well regarded. you are more likely to hear someone referred to insultingly as a 'dick'/'dick-head', or 'knob'/'knob-head', than as a 'cock'. in fact, to be called a 'cock' might leave some men feeling flattered. :smile:

drrionelli

Experimental Member
Media
You know, I never really thought of it in those terms, but now that you explain it, there does seem to be a bit of logic to it. Thanks for giving me a new way to look at these usages!

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Although I tend to use "Dick" and "Cock" interchangeably, since giving it a second thought, to me "cock" is the more suggestive of big, manly, powerfully, ready for fucking, and, of course, hard as a bone protrusion. An interesting question, joyboytoy79.