Did a Parent have to show you how to dress?

bookersnooker

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This will go for guys and gals,

For the guys, when you had "the talk" did your dad have to show/tell you how to dress so that you weren't obscenely bulging?

For the girls, when you had "the talk" did your mom have to show/tell you how to dress so that you didn't overly expose your breasts or how to prevent a camel toe?

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media

For the guys, when you had "the talk" did your dad have to show/tell you how to dress so that you weren't obscenely bulging?

For the girls, when you had "the talk" did your mom have to show/tell you how to dress so that you didn't overly expose your breasts or how to prevent a camel toe?

Yeah it made me overly self conscious about my self. it's something I did not break tell a few months ago

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

What talk? When the sex talk was being done it wasn't about dick size and it wasn't about placing in the pants, it was what a male has and what a female has and how a child is made. My 1st time being aware that a bulge existed was when a female cousin made a remark and stared. Then again it was the 1960s and a bulge was the thing to have if 1 was a man.:smile:, When a few yrs. later I was being fitted for a prom tux the tailor shocked me by asking which side I hung on.:eek::redface::eek::redface::eek::redface::eek: he then placed the tape measuure deep in the inseam and said "left" and advised me to keep that in mind for future reference. Baba never talked size and he never talked about how to dress.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my mom told my dad to talk to me about the bulge cuz I overheard her quietly telling him to go talk to me. so he did, but didn't do a very good job. both my parents could not communicate about sex and such things very well. my mom got on a push for me not to wear jeans anymore, dress slacks everyday was her wish, which I resisted. she thought dress slacks were less revealing. so one Sunday after her telling me all day Saturday "no more jeans", we all went to church. I wore my suit, sans underwear. when I went up to get communion, I knew walking back, everybody looked at you. so I got a nice long chub going, and walked back to the pew. my dad had a little smirk on his face, I am just like him, a skinny guy with a big dick. my mom continued to raise the point from time to time, my dad never said another word about it.

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When I started to develope, mom took me to a professional bra fitter and actually made me feel good about getting breasts at an earlier age than most of my friends. My mom was very good about the whole female right of passage talk and when I got my first period it was celebrated with my mom, grandmom and best friend at the time taking me out to a nice dinner and turning it into a "Welcome to the club!" sort of thing. I in turn used the same approach with my daughter and I hope she continues the tradition if she should ever have a daughter!

Or sons aren't old enough for any adjustment talks, but I hope their dad handles them with the same grace and dignity that I handled our daughter with. Somehow I don't think MOM talking to them would be a very good idea...

Reactions: sudcalifornio

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I grew up in a conservative home where no one talked about anything remotely sexual. When I asked dad "Where do babies come from?", he said that the couple "get together". I didn't let him off that easily. I knew very well what had to happen, yet enjoyed acting clueless and pressing him for details. Poor dad. He was very uncomfortable with it. I wanted him to say "they fuck, the guy shoots his load, and the woman gets pregnant." I knew it would never happen, but it was fun to play along.

As far as dressing to hide any bulges, I always wore briefs, so it was a non issue. One of my aunts gave me 2 pair of waffle weave pajamas when I was 12 that were like thermal underwear - one red and one blue. My mom didn't like them, but never said why. As I got older, I realized that they hugged the body too much for her and my modesty was compromised. It's funny to think about how old fashioned my parents were while I was a kid.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Like Hoss, I came of age in the 70s, when men were men and were supposed to "show basket".

I grew up hearing "You are not leaving the house dressed like that!" So I left the house looking presentable and arrived at my destination looking comfortable. By the 70's I was not living at home anymore.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes...my step-pa made me always wear a jockey-strap instead of boxers or briefs like my 2 step-bothers got to wear all the time.
He gave me a whippin if he could see & till I wasn't wearing it and I showed any gential prints <walking or sitting down>:frown1:
They was premitted to wear gym type shorts and cut off pants...I wasn't.
They could sometimes sit around and relex and watch TV in just their boxers or shorts but I wasn't premitted too.
They got to wear nice fitting pants, and I had to wear baggy type, old man's pants that was like 2 sizes too large for me, with a belt to pull and gather the waist in for me to wear and stay up.

So get the idea now, what& how my step-pa made me dress to conceal/hide my junk. It was embarassing:frown1:

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
. . . . I was being fitted for a prom tux the tailor shocked me by asking which side I hung on.:eek::redface::eek::redface::eek::redface::eek: he then placed the tape measuure deep in the inseam and said "left" . . . .

I remember being really shocked when the same thing happened to me. Reminds me of the Friends episode when Joey was talking about how his tailor used to lift it from one side to the other and he didn't think anything of it until Chandler was like WTF?

ck85x65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with Hoss, and Bbucko ... it was just expected, and rarely noticed or mentioned.

My Dad, upon seeing me for the first time (at age 12, at our cottage) in a skintight and very tiny Speedo bathing suit, kinda forgot himself, and announced in front of my Mom and four sisters that "y'know, it wouldn't be so obvious if you pointed it downwards".

My immediate thought was::confused: " 'ya gotta be kidding me Dad, I WANT to show the world how huge my cock and balls have become, I WANT to show off my bulge, and the bigger the better:cool:, fer chrissakes were'nt you ever young and horny ?"; I had learned this from a couple of jackoff sessions with of my best buds at the time. In each instance, they boasted about how huge their cocks had grown. And both were shocked at my size ... one even staring wide-eyed at my hardon, and telling me "holy shit, your cock is 'waaaaaay bigger than my 19 year old brother's!".

--- but I recovered, and instead said "but I'm more comfortable this way Dad".:cool:

My Dad ever mentioned it again, even on those times when I was suffering from Terminal Erection, which is about every seven minutes, twenty four hours a day, from the ages of twelve through seventeen ... as most males are familiar with ...:biggrin1:

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Yes...my step-pa made me always wear a jockey-strap instead of boxers or briefs like my 2 step-bothers got to wear all the time.
He gave me a whippin if he could see & till I wasn't wearing it and I showed any gential prints <walking or sitting down>:frown1:
They was premitted to wear gym type shorts and cut off pants...I wasn't.
They could sometimes sit around and relex and watch TV in just their boxers or shorts but I wasn't premitted too.
They got to wear nice fitting pants, and I had to wear baggy type, old man's pants that was like 2 sizes too large for me, with a belt to pull and gather the waist in for me to wear and stay up.

So get the idea now, what& how my step-pa made me dress to conceal/hide my junk. It was embarassing:frown1:
.................In the end did some guy come around with a shoe for you to try on?

sillvert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was growing up, we all wore and still do wear Wanglers. Wanglers are form fitting and thought nothing of having my package to the left side. My dad did it, my two older brothers did it. That was just life and mom never said a thing.

Reactions: abattist

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
as a teen, mom several times told me I shouldn't wear speedos or stretch swim trunks. finally suggested I needed to wear "something" underneath... told her I was wearing a "liner". said I needed to wear a smaller one. said I was already wearing a small. at the time form fitting trunks were worn by most guys.

obviously mom didn't want her son to mature and grow up. funny thing was that she talked dad into letting my three sisters wear two-piece suits because all the other girls were.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Like SpeedoMike, my mom (when I was about 13) told me I needed to wear a liner of some sort under my swim trunks.

Gotta admit, there's something about this topic that seems like a thread merge between "have you ever seen your father erect" and "do you show off your bulge" .....

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When a few yrs. later I was being fitted for a prom tux the tailor shocked me by asking which side I hung on...he then placed the tape measure deep in the inseam and said "left" and advised me to keep that in mind for future reference....

I had much the same experience when I was being fitted for my first not-off-the-rack suit in 6th or 7th grade. The tailor asked he how I "dressed," and I said, "Usually jeans and a casual shirt." He then had to explain what he meant. I still couldn't give him an answer since I'd never really paid much attention while getting my clothes on. He used the same tape measure deep in the inseam trick to reveal I also "dressed left." And told me to remember that so the next tailor could allow for a bit of extra cloth where I needed it.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Hahahaha NO this never came up with either of my parents. It is something I had to figure out on my own.

My mum still dresses me up:)

UMMMmmmmmmm I hope this is tongue in cheek :)

:bj:
~HH~