Did a Parent have to show you how to dress?

guynmn

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I went to visit my older brother in Seattle when I was 16. Nothing said until we were actually leaving his house to head to the zoo in the city.
I came downstairs ready to go and he told me I "shouldn't dress like that" because "you look gay and you can see your pecker". He made me change so I wouldn't get the wrong sort of attention at the zoo. Of course, I had no idea then what he was talking about. The good Christian farmboy that I was. I asked, but he would only say I was not at home now and people are and do different here...
That would be the closest for me.

huskielover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...My Dad ever mentioned it again, even on those times when I was suffering from Terminal Erection, which is about every seven minutes, twenty four hours a day, from the ages of twelve through seventeen ... as most males are familiar with...

Oh to be a teenager again. :wink:

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh yes, the Terminal Erections, how I miss those days. The slightest erotic thought could get me hard. No matter how I quickly
tried to think about something else, too late, my dick kept coming up. And it would stay up for a long time. I bet I had an erection 50% of the time I was awake! Those were the good ol' days. How I miss those speed of light erections.

oldredneck1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My parents indirectly showed me how to dress. As a boy, I wore briefs and dad wore boxer shorts. Dad always showed a bulge down his left thigh. At the age of 14, my parents took me shopping for clothes and suggested that I begin wearing boxer shorts like Dad wore. They bought me my first boxers. Dad told Mom to put my new boxers through the washer and dryer a few times to soften the fabric before I wore them. He told me that they would be more comfortable to wear that way.

When I began wearing my boxers, I was selfconscious about the bulge down my left pants leg. But I figured that if Dad's bulge did not bother him, then mine shouldn't bother me. It took a month, but I got used to wearing boxers.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am also of the age that having a (big) dick was not really an 'issue' like it is today, pop wore boxers- my brother and I wore boxers. Funny- I had not thought about the tux issue in years... I remember the guy shaking his head (his inseam hand 'bumped' me. He also suggested a longer coat. (I remember the tux pants being soaked with precum lol)

I remember my sons wore boxers early on- when they wore pjs and briefs their woodies showed more (much to the embarrassed look from my wife..she knew...but). In school they were told to wear speedos...god what a mess that was. being twins helped tho...

abercrombieboy15

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah I was rasied on Sexin the City and Queer as folk. So there was never a talk. At 12 years old I would ask my girl friends if they hadf an orgasm yet lol. I thought I was a sex therapist. Also as far as teaching me how to dress, my mom and dad were always saying that I looked fine as long as I was comfortable lol. Unfortunatley, due to thier laid back type b personalities, I became a tight ass Ocd stickler about everything with bipolar disorder lol. Im a fashionphile as well.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
lol I remember that too....was BIT expecting to get 'bumped',,,,the tailor chuckled... he looked back and forth to figure which was which (balls right, dick left) he pushed it a little (I guess to measure better) remember when I left I had to pull out my shirt tail to hide my erection (thank god for shirt tails)

I remember being really shocked when the same thing happened to me. Reminds me of the Friends episode when Joey was talking about how his tailor used to lift it from one side to the other and he didn't think anything of it until Chandler was like WTF?

lib0

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't mind showing but sometimes it can be really distracting to myself and others. I wore some basketball shorts to school one day with just boxers and my dad saw me. He went up to my room in the same outfit bulging and swinging everywhere. He was telling me that I looked like him and to tone it down. In the future if I bulged too much he would give me a signal (bushing on his bulge) to change.

Reactions: Geo80

AARON.aa

Expert Member
Media
Yeah! My dad showed always his bulge on left leg and when he bought me new underwear (the same boxers he got) he said to dress left because is the way all men in the family dress... as tradition. And I still dress left!

Reactions: Geo80

IanInNYC

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah! My dad showed always his bulge on left leg and when he bought me new underwear (the same boxers he got) he said to dress left because is the way all men in the family dress... as tradition. And I still dress left!
good of you to continue the tradition/.

I had a school uniform from K-12th grade. It included khaki pants. Your mom would take you to the store at the beginning of the year and buy 3-4 pairs and you wore them the whole school year. One year I hit a growth spurt and let's just with over half the school year done we went back and bought new pants. My mother had received a phone call from the school requesting it. She was very delicate about how she handled it.

Reactions: AARON.aa