Did anyone else hear about this?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Japanese invent car that runs on water

Japanese invent car that runs on water

Friday, June 13: Tired of petrol prices rising daily at the pump? A Japanese company has invented an electric-powered, and environmentally friendly, car that it says runs solely on water.
Genepax unveiled the car in the western city of Osaka on Thursday, saying that a litre of any kind of water -- rain, river or sea -- was all you needed to get the engine going for about an hour at a speed of 80 km.
"The car will continue to run as long as you have a bottle of water to top up from time to time," Genepax CEO Kiyoshi Hirasawa told local broadcaster TV Tokyo.
"It does not require you to build up an infrastructure to recharge your batteries, which is usually the case for most electric cars," he added.
Once the water is poured into the tank at the back of the car, the a generator breaks it down and uses it to create electrical power, TV Tokyo said.
Whether the car makes it into showrooms remains to be seen. Genepax said it had just applied for a patent and is hoping to collaborate with Japanese auto manufacturers in the future.
Most big automakers, meanwhile, are working on fuel.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that is utterly fantastic.

i think mass production and further R&D are a long ways off, but that would be amazing.

now, if we could put wind power on top of all buildings along with solar panels,

legalize hemp to be made into paper to stop cutting down forests, we might just be able to save our environment and ourselves.

Apparently its been done a few times but the inventors have ended in a 'bad way'. :ugh: Also there is that water by the liter is just as much as petrol

Ummm. I have a well and a stream. Water is next to nothing for me in cost.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
can you urinate in the tank? if so drinking and driving is going to go up!!! and judging by some of the thick men ...so are calls to the Automobile club saying...ummm yah... I got my cock stuck in the gas tank again...could you send a truck out?... heheh

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
can you urinate in the tank? if so drinking and driving is going to go up!!! and judging by some of the thick men ...so are calls to the Automobile club saying...ummm yah... I got my cock stuck in the gas tank again...could you send a truck out?... heheh

If they have OnStar, someone will come and get your cock out for you. That is OnStar. :smile:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"According to Genepax, the main feature of the new system is that it uses the company’s membrane electrode assembly (MEA), which contains a material capable of breaking down water into hydrogen and oxygen through a chemical reaction."

Unfortunately, separating water into hydrogen and oxygen requires energy. Whatever material they are using to break down the water in the chemical reaction is expending energy. When that material runs out of energy, it won't break the water into hydrogen and oxygen anymore. Sorry, there's no free lunch.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
"According to Genepax, the main feature of the new system is that it uses the company’s membrane electrode assembly (MEA), which contains a material capable of breaking down water into hydrogen and oxygen through a chemical reaction."

Unfortunately, separating water into hydrogen and oxygen requires energy. Whatever material they are using to break down the water in the chemical reaction is expending energy. When that material runs out of energy, it won't break the water into hydrogen and oxygen anymore. Sorry, there's no free lunch.

Thank you. I didn't want to read their boring thread. I just knew my info as a former chemical engineer. Yes folks, I was a richard cranium. :wink:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Yes, but you only need to add a liter of liquid gold to every liter of water to make it run.

Yes, I'm kidding folks. I don't know if it is a hoax or not, but it does not seem logical that water can power an engine. It looks like Reuters and everyone else bought the story.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, but you only need to add a liter of liquid gold to every liter of water to make it run.

Yes, I'm kidding folks. I don't know if it is a hoax or not, but it does not seem logical that water can power an engine. It looks like Reuters and everyone else bought the story.

What they are not telling you is that hydrogen generator takes huge amounts of electricity to make hydrogen so a large battery bank would be needed and frequent stops to recharge. Hydrogen generators are nothing new, GM has been building them for years now as stationary power plants for a reason i.e. the gigantic amount of electricity it takes to make hydrogen.

And, I’ll assume for now that this hydrogen generator like all others will be priced so that only Bill Gates and a few others can afford it.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
They are always so ahead of everyone.

Common misconception and I always wonder where it comes from. While the Japanese are known to be very efficient at manufacturing they are not standouts in engineering when compared with the USA and other modern western countries.

Common misconception and I always wonder where it comes from. While the Japanese are known to be very efficient at manufacturing they are not standouts in engineering when compared with the USA and other modern western countries.

I'll agree with that. Japan is the BASF of the world. While they don't invent much, they do make inventions better.