did anyone else see the NY times circumcision article?.....

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by justcurious80, Aug 24, 2009.

1. justcurious80

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  2. rainbowknight

rainbowknight New Member

Albums:
    This should be getting the attention of people: Knife panels instead of Death panels.

People have a choice and people have been exercising that choice. However, they indicate that the reason that they want to push this is because of "behavior." Well, if you do not engage in that behavior then you will not be at risk.

What works in Africa will not work in the U.S. Different cultures in the whole continent of Africa than in the state (country) of U.S.A.

Keep the government's knife away from my dick!!

3. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We really didnt need another one of these. But quite frankly just like the government cant stop circumcision they certainly cant force people to do it.

4. cdunstan1

Gold Member

Albums:
    So true. It is already a fight to prevent baby boys from being mutilated. I am so glad my father took up that fight for me (and my bro.)

I lived in Italy for 2 years. I support single payor healthcare. I have no problem with government run health plans. I do have a problem with govt. sponsored genital mutilation.

My 2 cents.

5. Cowboy_Jake

Cowboy_Jake Active Member

If you leave it to the Oboma administration, they will certainly try to force you. LEAVE US ALONE!!!!!!

6. Principessa

Gold Member

7. sargon20

Gold Member

Of course we do. It's an LPSG obsession. We must have our daily serving of angst.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I think all cut men, in protest, should run around the forums butt naked to the chagrin of the foreskin obsessed.

9. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

And to the great pleasure of those of us penis obsessed.:wink::biggrin1:

10. D_Jerry_Atric

D_Jerry_Atric Account Disabled

I predict that this will increase the rates of HIV/STD transmissions since people will think that if you are cut you shouldn't use condoms at all, or practice safer sex at all, and that somehow being cut will magically make you immune to getting HIV/other STDs or spreading HIV/STDs to others.

In the thread about the gangbang on here that reads like erotic fiction some guy wrote about how men somehow can't get HIV from women at all. :rolleyes:

11. eurotop40

Gold Member

Again, it is unbelievable how the natural state is classified as an obsession.
    This is one of the typical US perversions (sorry, I am very US friendly but I cannot be silent in front of such colossal stupidity).

12. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No the state of everyone being the same is an obsession.

13. eurotop40

Gold Member

I do not think that this is the issue. Some cut men feel they have been mutilated as babies at a time when they could not decide about their bodies. This is what I understand (I am intact). What they seem to want is to stop RIC.
    The rest is a construction of some circumcision militants that start talking nonsense like "foreskin fetish" etc. and think that any human intervention is per se progress and should improve the health of the general population.
    It would be interesting to see whether all this "progress" really makes a society so healthy. It does not seem to me that North Americans are particularly healthy compared to southern or central Europeans or Scandinavians. Sure, the US is to admire for having reduced smoking (and tobacco companies from the South have discovered large markets in Eastern Europe and Asia).
    Anyway, I think that only adults are free to dispose of their bodies as they wish and to chop off whatever they like if they feel dirty or whatever. It is their body perception and if they are happy with scars, skin-bridges, bi-colored shafts etc., fine with me, as long as they leave me and my sons alone. But circumcision advocates should not talk nonsense.
    Again, for me this is no big deal since thank God I do not live in the US (and no, I am not in a "dirty" 3rd world country either).

14. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I wonder sometimes where all the radicalism comes from. I remember hearing from my cousin years ago when he was going to a shrink on something completely different - relationship related. After a couple of sessions with the doctor he asked my cousin if he was cut. He said yes and then his "therapy" took a turn. He began to explain to him that all of his troubles were connected with the fact that he was cut as a baby and not having a voice. His marriage was failing because he was cut. Trouble with his parents because he was cut. Etc. My cousin changed therapists and got on with what he needed resolved. He also later found out that this doctor was a member of a anti-circ group (one of the founders, actually).

How many cut guys have had their thinking influenced by outsiders? The OP is 19 years old, doesn't recognize his own sexuality but this article ruins his day. At what age did he get upset with being cut? Has his penis not functioned properly? It looks fine from the photos!

Yes, I was cut at birth. In the mid 50s it was common place. I do not hold a grudge against my parents for allowing me to be cut as a baby. Why? What would it serve to harbor anger or resentment? Do I wonder what it might be like with a foreskin? Sure, but I don't have it, my penis functions fine, so I go on with life. And I am not interested in restoring. I just don't see the point. I don't have any problems with the functionality of my penis, even at 52 years old. Sometimes it seems to work better than my uncut bf who is 30 years younger than me. Go figure.

15. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

Government officials once again trying to make names for themselves and steal the headlines. The HIV plague is not about foreskins, it's about behavior, and until men take responsibility to protect themselves and their partners, the spreading of HIV will not diminish no matter how many foreskins are cut off. Read any government health study with a great deal of skepticism, whether about HIV or not.

16. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

How very kind of governments to look after our health for us, saves me having to worry about it, i might go and get a circumcision next month and treat myself to a new tattoo in a parlour where its cheaper than that professional looking one up town twice the price, i might end up using a shared needle without my knowledge but that is ok cos i'll have no foreskin.
    What really is the point in trying to promote circumcision in the fight against aids instead of spending the money on education of safer sex and medical research.

Absolutely ridiculous

17. sargon20

Gold Member

The address for the CDC is:
    Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
    1600 Clifton Rd
    Atlanta, GA 30333

You should present your research. Maybe they will reverse their findings.

Also since the WHO recommends circumcision and they are right there in Switzerland where in your profile you live which should make it really really convenient you should present your research there too:

World Health Organization
    Avenue Appia 20
    1211 Geneva 27
    Switzerland

#17 sargon20, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  18. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Oh please. :rolleyes:

I'm so sick of this "doctors are evil butchers" mentality... and such strong language. Nobody is going to take you seriously when you use these grandiose terms.

Ask the average circumcised guy if he feels "mutilated".

19. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Exactly!

I wrote about this sort of over-analysis years ago. It's just not healthy for a grown man to have such anger about the loss of this bit of skin. Guys are suing their parents, their doctors, and letting this 'loss' affect their lives.

Thank you, ThickJohnny.

20. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Amen to that!

Draft saved Draft deleted