did anyone else see the NY times circumcision article?.....

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media

Talking to you is like talking to a groom walking down the aisle with his bride and trying to tell him his bride is a whore. You're in love Talbain. Foreskin: A Love Story could be the title of your novel. Foreskin is awesome, it is powerful, bow our heads when we discuss it, the only thing you need is more of it. Hence the coverage index obsession. That's the main clue something is wrong in the State of Denmark. All your 'research' of course leads to the same answer....LOVE :love::love:. You're restoring no? And measuring against the coverage index no? Anyone who ever loved can see it too.

So what, I love my penis and the foreskin I am growing for it. I am not afraid to admit it. You know why, because I love enjoying having a great sexual relationship with my wife. My developing foreskin has improved our lovemaking sessions tremendously. The coverage index is not an obsession (perhaps foreskin restoration is, and for good reason) it is a means to monitor our progress. The restoration process is painstakingly slow and thus it is very important to monitor progress to ensure that your restoration technique is working. The visual reference is a great way of doing this.

When first confided to my wife that I was restoring my foreskin I showed the coverage index index to her so she would be fully aware of my goal and where I was starting out from. I wanted her to know that it would be a long journey. She had no issue with it, did not think it was peculiar.

I really don't understand your issue with either foreskin restoration or the coverage index. It seems you are the one obsessed with the unnatural state of circumcision and providing nonsensical criticisms to those that believe the natural intact state is best.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Talking to you is like talking to a groom walking down the aisle with his bride and trying to tell him his bride is a whore. You're in love Talbain. Foreskin: A Love Story could be the title of your novel. Foreskin is awesome, it is powerful, bow our heads when we discuss it, the only thing you need is more of it. Hence the coverage index obsession. That's the main clue something is wrong in the State of Denmark. All your 'research' of course leads to the same answer....LOVE :love::love:. You're restoring no? And measuring against the coverage index no? Anyone who ever loved can see it too.

:lmao: I have to give you props for being just asinine enough to get a laugh out of me, but I'll operate from the assumption that you were being serious instead of sarcastic and set the record straight.

Yes, I am restoring. While I know of the existence of the coverage index, I don't actually use it, because what matters much more to me is the greater sensation on the parts that remain covered. And there is a big difference. It's like the side-by-side comparison commercials where you have 2 different cleaners used on different areas of the same surface in order to show how one is better. It may not be that way for all men, but it is that way for me.

However, my stance actually is the same as it always was, even as I dismiss your claims. My foreskin, my penis, and my body are my business. I should not have ever had anyone make such a decision on my behalf without my consent. What I choose to do afterward as a result of that decision is similarly my choice. I'm not looking backward and saying I want to sue my doctors or that I hate my parents for the decision. I'm concentrating on what I can do about it now.

In that vein, I don't think other people should be put in the same position I am. They shouldn't have to decide between years of restoration to be closer to a natural state and choosing to passively accept that a very personal part of them was taken away before they were even old enough to remember it.

That is also why I am so vocal on the issue. We may not be able to do anything about people who have been circumcised in the past, but it's possible to save children in the future from experiencing the same thing.

I am actually planning on visiting some hospitals around where I live in order to try to make them aware of the implications of the more recent research on the subject. Even if I can't convince them to not perform the procedure, if I can convince them to provide the information to parents considering the procedure (all the information, both pro and con) so they can actually make an informed decision, then that would be a start.

Like I've said before, the problem is that we are culturally very accepting of circumcision, but the average person is clueless as to what it actually is or does. This ignorance fuels the cultural acceptance of it. However, if those of us who have researched the subject and are knowledgable about it do nothing, then that ignorance will remain, and nothing will ever change.