Did ANYONE have a decent 2009?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Martin van Burden, Jan 2, 2010.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Just curious. Seems like more than most had a rather shit year and were ready to put it behind them. Jackson fans probably took it really hard, though if you liked Britney Murphy, maybe you're a little resentful that she got a blip of coverage. I hope you diversified your investments so that your IRA didn't all but evaporate in the stock market. I hope your loved one isn't still wasting away in the Middle East. I also hope that you didn't get like me and turn pretty jaded toward American politics (despite how much I usually like writing and thinking about it). But hell, at the end of it all, I just spent the last two weeks of '09 catching up on sleep, home-cooked meals, and video games.

So, how bad was '09 for you (if at all) and how much forward are you looking toward '10 (also, if at all)?

2. Preakness

Preakness Member

I cant complain really. Nothing amazingly great happened (outside of some sports teams I like winning), but nothing horribly bad happened either.
    I dont have any reason for thinking 2010 will be bad, I'll take whatever comes

3. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    The only good thing that I can say about 2009, is that it wasn't as bad as 2007 (man, that year just sucked). :rolleyes:

4. dj30905

dj30905 New Member

Albums:
    While 2009 sucked ass for me, I must also bring up that this needs to be moved to Et Cetera....

5. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeh, it was fine actually. :p Better than 07 and 08.

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Overall mine was actually quite good. I lost a very dear friend to cancer this past summer and that has colored my thoughts for the second half of the year,but over all I was very busy and happy.

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Totalled out 2 cars, dented and repaired a third, lost a ton of cash in the process.

The good news I suppose is that I stayed employed in the state with the highest unemployment rate.

Hoping that 2010 is a much better year all around - for employment, vehicles, housing, health...etc.

8. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

actually turned out rather good for me, and 2010 looks like it'll be even better

9. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    2009 yet another very good year
    Overall, no complaints compared to what others endure
    On the positive,still living as i have thruout,
    with to me the knowledge that i live a rather blessed life.
    Just wish i had more 'get up & go' like i used to have
    Complacency these days . not good.
    enz
    --2011 fr the AB,s...not going to be a
    good year fr you Nick....ha

10. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

My 2009 was good for me and mine. I finished my doctorate, got a job that greatly reduced my stress level, etc.

I am looking forward to even better things in 2010.

11. Autofellatio

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sat for my A-Levels equivalency, TOUGH - no chance of distinctions...

The Scout Troop that to me was closer than my own family is dying...

My childhood friend attempted suicide (THRICE)...

Visiting said childhood friend in the psychiatric ward after he got the bejesus zapped out of him via shock therapy...

Said my possible goodbyes to a group of friends (if they consider me as one of them) and might never reunite with them due to circumstances...

Getting drafted for the military despite being medically unfit...

Dealing with the government bureaucracy to try and appeal against my drafting...

So yeah, I'd say 2009 was pretty fucked up for me :frown1:

12. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

oh, man! :frown1:

feel for you, dude!

13. D_Ellerby Eatsprick

D_Ellerby Eatsprick New Member

-I was asked as a guest speaker for two University courses

-I graduated from University with my degree, however, towards the end I realized it was not the field I wanted to be in anymore.

-I ran two 10 km races, improving my times from last year. I would have ran more but those two races were the only one that perked my interest due to the terrain / cause / location

-I worked two jobs from Sept to December. One job was as a TA (teaching assistant) at local University(and while it was a great experience, there were a few marked occasions that didn't go smoothly). I've learned that I'll never work two jobs again because you just end up exhausted and have very little time for yourself. The other job was as a supervisor for a large retail company. I'm now back full time at my retail job

-Broke up with my beau. Admittedly it has not been an easy time for me the last couple months, as it is very much so evidently from our conversations between him and I, that we very much care about each other and still love each other. It is during this time I examine myself as a person and try to learn from my mistakes. Admittedly it is a tough breakup as there was a second man involved, resulting in a love triangle, and since my beau and I broke up, that second person also vanished. No emails. No offline messages. So I miss those two men very much so greatly.

-Reunited with a friend whom I've been friends with for 7 years but the past year was tough for us to get together because both of us were always working

-Signed up for a year of personal training. I have a great trainer who is funny and pushes me.

It was an okay year for me... just wished for different outcomes in some aspects...

14. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

My 2009 was very good, I intend for 2010 to be even better :)

15. monstro

monstro New Member

Comme ci, comme ca. Had better years, but also had worse ones.

16. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    2009 totally effing sucked. I never want to speak of it or hear of it again. I wouldn't even spit on 2009 because that would be too good for it. It should be banished from all memories.That said, 2010, can only be better.

17. RedScrotum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    2009 was a good year for me, as was the whole 00's decade. I'm blessed with friends and family. Some changes that I hoped would happen, didn't, but still may. Keeping my eyes straight ahead and looking for a long bright future in the 2010's and beyond. Hope your future is bright too.

18. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

It was a very rough year, very intense. Not a great year. Of course some positive moments, but most of the time mentally exhausting. At least college went great and made some good friends. I hope 2010 will be calmer and nice.

19. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    The future is in your hands! Put the past in your behind, or sumthin... :biggrin1:

20. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

2009 was a very transitional period for me. Neither good nor bad; just things that had to happen at some point. It's set up the potential for great things to happen in the next few years, starting --hopefully-- with 2010.

Draft saved Draft deleted