Did anything happen in April or May?

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was LPSG mentioned in a TV show again? Did it appear in a feature article in Troll Life? There are several posters, newly inflicted upon us in April and May, who don't strike me as the sorts who are likely to mature into either wise or entertaining contributors. Was it chance, or were they all vectored here by sinister events?

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Back in April, I think someone mentioned that that Channel 4 UK documentary on large penises had been rebroadcast. ... i haven't noticed any unusually high trollish activity, though. One quick way to determine a rise in "new member" activity is to see how many people respond with "use the search function" in a new thread. I haven't noticed a lot of directives to use the search function lately so ...

Lurkers will always abound...

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think people in general are dumbing down, as Reality TV and intelligence assaulting sitcoms replace...... oh, let's say READING for example.

The only salvation in enduring the non-entertaining/simple posters it that they seem to have a short shelf life. They either grow bored after the first dozen orgasms, or they forget the intricate mechanics involved in logging onto the website. It's pretty demanding...... a username AND a password.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Was LPSG mentioned in a TV show again? Did it appear in a feature article in Troll Life? There are several posters, newly inflicted upon us in April and May, who don't strike me as the sorts who are likely to mature into either wise or entertaining contributors. Was it chance, or were they all vectored here by sinister events?

Yes, and no.

pavement

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think people in general are dumbing down, as Reality TV and intelligence assaulting sitcoms replace...... oh, let's say READING for example.

The only salvation in enduring the non-entertaining/simple posters it that they seem to have a short shelf life. They either grow bored after the first dozen orgasms, or they forget the intricate mechanics involved in logging onto the website. It's pretty demanding...... a username AND a password.
But if people are dumbing down would they know if they are?

Well if they have a short shelf life maybe they will fall through it(like most of us)

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Part of the answer is in the member stats on the main page: Members: 115,850, Active Members: 28,745. When I joined I think there were about 40,000 members. There must be a lot of lurkers?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Back in April, I think someone mentioned that that Channel 4 UK documentary on large penises had been rebroadcast. ... i haven't noticed any unusually high trollish activity, though. One quick way to determine a rise in "new member" activity is to see how many people respond with "use the search function" in a new thread. I haven't noticed a lot of directives to use the search function lately so ...

Lurkers will always abound...
Lurkers are ok, by my estimation. They are only a problem if they hatch into fully-functional trolls. The "school's out" explanation almost certainly has a lot to do with it.

Baby trolls, if you are out there, I hope mommy and daddy find out where you've been surfing!

Big d, let's divide the trolls among us; you can do physics experiments on half of 'em, and I'll do chemistry experiments on 'em. Between the two of us, mayhap we will find an effective troll repellant.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Big Dirigible, can't you use them for experiments or something? I'm fairly certain that no one will even realise that they've disappeared.
hahaha I wish it was that simple to get rid of them.

Big d, let's divide the trolls among us; you can do physics experiments on half of 'em, and I'll do chemistry experiments on 'em. Between the two of us, mayhap we will find an effective troll repellant.
Excellent Idea!

Since many of them post about an inability to use condoms or birth control pills properly I say we spay and neuter all of them to prevent their stupid butts from breeding and producing more ignorant trolls.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Excellent Idea!

Since many of them post about an inability to use condoms or birth control pills properly I say we spay and neuter all of them to prevent their stupid butts from breeding and producing more ignorant trolls.
Well, that's kinda what I had in mind with the science experiments big d and I could do. Ya know, like he could do electrical conductivity (at 60 Volts, 40 amperes) with the scrotum, tensile strength of the penis, ya know, like physics lab experiments. Meanwhile, on the other half of the group, I would be doing things like checking the difference of rates of diffusion using NaCl solution versus NaCN solution, effects of various acids on the natural buffering of the urethra, whether or not thionyl chloride makes a good jack-off lube, ya know, chemistry lab experiments.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, that's kinda what I had in mind with the science experiments big d and I could do. Ya know, like he could do electrical conductivity (at 60 Volts, 40 amperes) with the scrotum, tensile strength of the penis, ya know, like physics lab experiments. Meanwhile, on the other half of the group, I would be doing things like checking the difference of rates of diffusion using NaCl solution versus NaCN solution, effects of various acids on the natural buffering of the urethra, whether or not thionyl chloride makes a good jack-off lube, ya know, chemistry lab experiments.

Can I watch? Can I watch? Pretty please??

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lurkers are ok, by my estimation. They are only a problem if they hatch into fully-functional trolls. The "school's out" explanation almost certainly has a lot to do with it.

Baby trolls, if you are out there, I hope mommy and daddy find out where you've been surfing!

Lurkers are fine, once you get the sauce right.

No seriously, we write for the lurkers. Lurkers don't bother me at all, without them it would just be a friends' community. One of the things that makes this place so fun is that there's a large readership. Lurkers are rarely the problem.

The problem is n00bs who don't understand what it means to be a n00b. Every one of us here was new when we got here :rolleyes: , so we know what the breaking in period is like. I HATE it when n00bs act like their experience is just beyond anyone's comprehension, and that the whole board should shift to accomodate them. Even the guiltiest n00bs become the grumpiest complainers of this very phenomena once they're here a while.

DC, I'm crushed that I didn't get included in your experiments, allow me to submit my resume. While I lack scientific credentails, I can be brutal on psychological warfare.:biggrin1:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I propose that we start a troll forum. Of course, no one would post there by themselves, but the moderators already move things to the proper forum regularly.

While I always recommend against feeding the trolls, it is kind of fun to observe them in their natural habitat, especially when Novice is hunting them. He is sort of our Buffy...