Did anything happen in April or May?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_big dirigible, Jun 3, 2007.

1. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Was LPSG mentioned in a TV show again? Did it appear in a feature article in Troll Life? There are several posters, newly inflicted upon us in April and May, who don't strike me as the sorts who are likely to mature into either wise or entertaining contributors. Was it chance, or were they all vectored here by sinister events?

2. viking1

Gold Member

I don't know, but it sure looks that way.

3. danerain

Gold Member

Albums:
    School's out

4. madame_zora

Gold Member

Oh fuck.

5. danerain

Gold Member

Albums:
    It'll be okay in a few months. . . .

6. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    Back in April, I think someone mentioned that that Channel 4 UK documentary on large penises had been rebroadcast. ... i haven't noticed any unusually high trollish activity, though. One quick way to determine a rise in "new member" activity is to see how many people respond with "use the search function" in a new thread. I haven't noticed a lot of directives to use the search function lately so ...

Lurkers will always abound...

7. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer New Member

I think people in general are dumbing down, as Reality TV and intelligence assaulting sitcoms replace...... oh, let's say READING for example.

The only salvation in enduring the non-entertaining/simple posters it that they seem to have a short shelf life. They either grow bored after the first dozen orgasms, or they forget the intricate mechanics involved in logging onto the website. It's pretty demanding...... a username AND a password.

8. dong20

Gold Member

Yes, and no.

9. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    Big Dirigible, can't you use them for experiments or something? I'm fairly certain that no one will even realise that they've disappeared.

10. pavement

pavement New Member

But if people are dumbing down would they know if they are?

Well if they have a short shelf life maybe they will fall through it(like most of us)

11. SteveHd

Gold Member

Part of the answer is in the member stats on the main page: Members: 115,850, Active Members: 28,745. When I joined I think there were about 40,000 members. There must be a lot of lurkers?

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Lurkers are ok, by my estimation. They are only a problem if they hatch into fully-functional trolls. The "school's out" explanation almost certainly has a lot to do with it.

Baby trolls, if you are out there, I hope mommy and daddy find out where you've been surfing!

Big d, let's divide the trolls among us; you can do physics experiments on half of 'em, and I'll do chemistry experiments on 'em. Between the two of us, mayhap we will find an effective troll repellant.

13. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Try some Troll-B-Gone.

14. Principessa

Gold Member

hahaha I wish it was that simple to get rid of them.

Excellent Idea!

Since many of them post about an inability to use condoms or birth control pills properly I say we spay and neuter all of them to prevent their stupid butts from breeding and producing more ignorant trolls.

15. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, that's kinda what I had in mind with the science experiments big d and I could do. Ya know, like he could do electrical conductivity (at 60 Volts, 40 amperes) with the scrotum, tensile strength of the penis, ya know, like physics lab experiments. Meanwhile, on the other half of the group, I would be doing things like checking the difference of rates of diffusion using NaCl solution versus NaCN solution, effects of various acids on the natural buffering of the urethra, whether or not thionyl chloride makes a good jack-off lube, ya know, chemistry lab experiments.

16. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:

Can I watch? Can I watch? Pretty please??

17. SteveHd

Gold Member

:scared2:

18. Gamel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    nope nothing just the same old...:p

19. madame_zora

Gold Member

Lurkers are fine, once you get the sauce right.

No seriously, we write for the lurkers. Lurkers don't bother me at all, without them it would just be a friends' community. One of the things that makes this place so fun is that there's a large readership. Lurkers are rarely the problem.

The problem is n00bs who don't understand what it means to be a n00b. Every one of us here was new when we got here :rolleyes: , so we know what the breaking in period is like. I HATE it when n00bs act like their experience is just beyond anyone's comprehension, and that the whole board should shift to accomodate them. Even the guiltiest n00bs become the grumpiest complainers of this very phenomena once they're here a while.

DC, I'm crushed that I didn't get included in your experiments, allow me to submit my resume. While I lack scientific credentails, I can be brutal on psychological warfare.:biggrin1:

20. fortiesfun

Gold Member

I propose that we start a troll forum. Of course, no one would post there by themselves, but the moderators already move things to the proper forum regularly.

While I always recommend against feeding the trolls, it is kind of fun to observe them in their natural habitat, especially when Novice is hunting them. He is sort of our Buffy...

Draft saved Draft deleted