Did Betty White Out Cary Grant?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by ChileCat, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ChileCat

Gold Member

2. josh20hung

josh20hung Active Member

3. Satsfakshun

Satsfakshun Member

I think it's been well known for many years that Cary Grant had relationships with women and men. It wasn't know to audiences during his prime, but certainly since the 60's when stories about the Golden Age of Hollywood started slipping out, his name is always mentioned. I think he clearly understood how nice looking he was and used it to his advantage. He was still a hell of an actor... uh, movie star.

4. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

same old recycled gay twaddle

5. snobbes

Gold Member

So what ?

6. maxcok

Gold Member

I think he was outed a long time ago.

7. g_jones83

g_jones83 Member

Mae West saved his career by claiming to have an affair with him.

8. elegant20

Gold Member

Yeah, but most of these classic actors were openly bi or gay to begin with during the heydays of the 20s-50s. Franchot Tone had a college boyfriend before his career took off in 1932....he had various relationships with both men and women before he even met Joan Crawford. Clark Gable was reported to have a huge grudge against Tone for various reasons, though.

9. camper joe

Gold Member

Grant was allegedly involved with costume designer Orry-Kelly when he first moved to Manhattan,[16] and lived with Randolph Scott off and on for twelve years. Richard Blackwell wrote that Grant and Scott were "deeply, madly in love",[17] and alleged eyewitness accounts of their physical affection have been published.[16] Hedda Hopper [18] and screenwriter Arthur Laurents have also alleged that Grant was bisexual, the latter writing that Grant "told me he threw pebbles at my window one night but was luckless".[19] Alexander D'Arcy, who appeared with Grant in The Awful Truth, said he knew that he and Scott "lived together as a gay couple", adding: "I think Cary knew that people were saying things about him. I don't think he tried to hide it."[16] The two men frequently accompanied each other to parties and premieres and were unconcerned when photographs of them cozily preparing dinner together at home were published in fan magazines.[16]
    Grant's widow, Barbara, has disputed that there was a relationship with Scott.[11] When Chevy Chase joked about Grant being gay in a television interview, he sued him for slander; they settled out of court.[20] However, he did admit in an interview that his first two wives had accused him of being homosexual.[20] Betsy Drake commented: "Why would I believe that Cary was homosexual when we were busy fucking? Maybe he was bisexual. He lived 43 years before he met me. I don't know what he did."[11]
    [Source Wikipedia]

10. texas41-38

texas41-38 Member

I think Miss White's follow up was very good. I had a friend who worked for the Cowboys during the Super Bowl 90s who gave me tickets and all access credentials a few times. Straight friends would always ask me about Troy Aikman......"is he gay??? is he gay???". My response was always that "I have never had him".

TEXAS STADIUM
    1971-2008
    FOR 38 SEASONS
    THE OVAL OFFICE OF
    AMERICA'S TEAM

11. maxcok

Gold Member

It's ironic that Mr. Grant portrayed Cole Porter, who was gay, in the movie Night and Day, in which Porter was portrayed as a passionate heterosexual. Ah, the veils of illusion.

12. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Men don't have twaddles. Not even gay men.

13. ChileCat

Gold Member

14. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

It is a constant and though it is now becoming rather "ho-hum" as to who or whom is or isn't gay, there was a time when even a rumor could sink the career of a show business icon or entertainer.

Today many courageous actors have simply come out and moved on. Those who have suffered negative effects in reality did not suffer them in more recent years because of their personal sexual orientation, they suffered because they had little offer other than a few performances. The sad part is that so many take such great joy in making something that is a minor part of a private life into a public spectacle.

Raymond Burr was "outed" decades ago, but, the rumors had placed him with numerous other actors also accused of being gay. The only thing that was accurate was that Burr was in fact gay. Burr had been in a very long term committed and monogamous relationship with a bit part actor named Robert Benevedes and he had been and remained in that single committed relationship from the Perry Mason years until Burr's death from cancer. They had been together for many decades.

In contrast, Neil Patrick Harris simply came out and ignored everything after that point. He continues to play the role of the obnoxious skirt chaser with enough psychological hang-ups to give Sigmund Freud a liftime career. He had done many things and his talent took his private life and threw the garbage in the trash can where it belonged. Just for the record Harris is related to the late Tom Poston and through marriage to the late Suzanne Pleshette.

Danny Pintauro moved out of sit-coms and to the stage and has not looked back. He remained friends with Judith Light who has never wavered in her support for his talents and abilities.

I hope that we can move beyond this kind of gossip and judge actors and actresses by their performances and throw the personal and private lives of these people into the area it does belong and that is "personal and private".

Betty White for her age is one of the most hilarous and open old gals in the entertainment industry. If you want to see how REALLY open she is on that subject watch the celebrity roast of William Shatner in which she participated.

The list of celebs who have had the honor of having their sexual orientation questioned is so long as to resemble a telephone directory and it dates back to the same accusations being made against Rudolph Valentino in the 1920's.

15. Otter4thickcock

Albums:
    Richard Blackwell mentioned above - known for his worst dressed list - was known in many circles for his humoungous cock. Quite a few people saw it because he liked to whip it out in public to win bets. I remember many a time seeing his schlong sitting on its own barstool hanging out of his slacks. At certain parties you could play with it and it was easily 10" long, fairly thick but also got super hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted