Did Governor Palin seal McCain's fate?

Redsquall

Just Browsing
Media
Was John McCain dead in the water as soon as he chose Governor Palin as his running mate?

I think he should have chosen someone I really looked up to and originally voted for in the primary, Mitt Romney. He could have actually assured people on the economy.

McCain would have actually had a chance then...

D

deleted15807

Yep. No doubt it did. All the conservatives that have jumped the ship have mentioned his selection as lacking judgement. He had only meet her ONCE before picking her.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
i never understood the palin pick.......to hot for the woman vote to hot for the religious wingnut vote and a voice like nails on a black board . things to ponder.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I said from day one that if he won she would have been praised to the sky but that if he lost, history would villify her. And if not her, personally, the choice absolutely. It was all or nothing, either the most brillliant choice ever or history's most colossal blunder. It hasn't taken long to see where that landed.

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think Obama will win, and would have won even if there was no Palin, but I also think the race would be alot closer than it is now.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
McCain had a chance of getting my vote until he chose Palin. I became a hard core Obama supporter after that.

Redsquall

Just Browsing
Media
He should have kept his "most liberal Republican" tag.

Everyone said that about him going into the primary battle, and I doubt anyone even thinks about that anymore, in large part due to the way he's conducted the campaign, coupled with this choice.

It was his independent spirit that was so endearing. Doesn't he realize that?

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Absolutely. McCain decided to play russian rouelette with his VEEP choice and it will cost him dearly in the end. Romney would have been an excellent choice for him given the current state of the economy. But, as they say hindsight is 20/20.

I really would like to know his motivations for picking her someday. It can't be because he wanted a woman because there were about 5 better female choices for him out there.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Absolutely. McCain decided to play russian rouelette with his VEEP choice and it will cost him dearly in the end. Romney would have been an excellent choice for him given the current state of the economy. But, as they say hindsight is 20/20.

I really would like to know his motivations for picking her someday. It can't be because he wanted a woman because there were about 5 better female choices for him out there.

Better ...yes...he just didn't wanna hang in the white house with an ugly or old vp :)

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's hard to say. The fact that a number of conservative commentators are appalled at McCain's choice of Palin is no indication of the effect of that choice on the electorate. It certainly cost McCain a lot of votes among intelligent, well-informed, and thoughtful people, but I think that it hugely increased his following among idiots, who are far more numerous. So it may have been a net gain for him.

McCain's campaign has been doomed since the green background fiasco. He's fought a tactical campaign and that's been a huge mistake as an underdog.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i never understood the palin pick.......to hot for the woman vote to hot for the religious wingnut vote and a voice like nails on a black board . things to ponder.
lmao.............right on!

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's hard to say. The fact that a number of conservative commentators are appalled at McCain's choice of Palin is no indication of the effect of that choice on the electorate. It certainly cost McCain a lot of votes among intelligent, well-informed, and thoughtful people, but I think that it hugely increased his following among idiots, who are far more numerous. So it may have been a net gain for him.
I like the way you think too. It's not a wonder why or how things got to be the way they are now. They're in my own family as well. lol

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This article sums up my feelings precisely, when it comes to McCain/Palin and their contempt for science.

I was OK with McCain until he picked his anti-Enlightenment running mate.