Did I do the right thing?

bigone,babe

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's what's going on with me:
As some of you know, I was SUPPOSED to head back to Iraq today. BUT, I discovered that I actually had a choice wether I wanted to go back or not(I have already served one tour there, so this would have been my second). I started thinking about it, and since Ive got my wife now and I don't really want to leave her, I decided to stay here. To my amazement, everything worked out, and I do not have to go back to Iraq! Im going to be stationed on a base right here in the states, and the best part is I don't have to leave my wife! She's pretty happy, and I have to admit so am I. :smile:
Hope everyone here feels I did the right thing.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been pretty much against the war, so I think you did the right thing. You've already been there once and done what you signed up to do.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Congratulations on successfully serving for those of us who can't or won't, bigone! Now, as you continue your duties stateside you can also pay much-needed attention to your wife and your marriage.

Thanks for doing your duty!

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's no doubt in my mind that the vast majority of servicemen and women do their job with professionalism and courage. It means no less to continue your work closer to home.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bluntly, you did your duty over there in Iraq and survived, (A feat getting strongly hard to accomplish with Dubya still in charge!) and have been given an opportunity to stay closer to your wife in the states.

You don't need to justify anything to anyone after all you've done and been through.

PacknThick

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You did the right thing bro. AND YOU still ARE! being on base is just as helpful doing what you gotta do. and for your wife.

This reminds me, what do you think of that movie JARHEAD.
Are you psychologically able to maintain sexual thoughts in that kind of environment. If its not troublesome, be cool to start a new thread on that.

FBAnder

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Do you think you did the right thing? IMHO, by asking this question I'm thinking part of you feels bad or guilty for not going back to Iraq a second time. Personally, I appreciate your service and fighting for the principles on which this country is based.

gg sir.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of course you made the right choice. Why do all the military guys believe that just because they're not splattered all over a desert 1/2 way around the world, they wussed out? You did great. Thank you.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
I do have the understanding that if I enlist the odds of me being posted are pretty high, so if offered I'd take your option Bigone. You done your duty, now to do something that doesn't involve saving oil wagons!