Did Jesus really die on the cross?

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Three posibilities exists :

1. That he actually die on the cross

2 . That he wasnt crucified ( That's what Muslims believe )

3. That he survived the cruxifiction ( New theory that Jesus survived because he was on the cross a short time only about 3 hours ( cruxifiction was a very slow death taking usually 1-2 days to kill the person .)

4. Well some people think that jesus actually never existed but i think that the historical jesus was real .

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
The Christ story is a mixture of fact and fiction. the fiction is the worst aspect of it and that tends to be the crud that the old Catholic Church inserted in the third and forth centuries.

There probably was a man like Christ around, except he was no six foot white guy, but more likely a slender brown man.

And the topic is large, and many people get very angry when you mess with this topic and some of them have guns.

• Haha
Reactions: hot-rod

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you had read this thread - would had this one be necessary?
Please elaborate . The reason i wrote this thread was because i like people to comment about other possibilities . Many people dont know about the muslim version of the story and many people dont know about the theory thas Jesus could survived the cruxifiction .

retsnomonster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
According to the bible he did...anyone else who posts other wise would just be posting an opinion and theory of some sort. One can speculate and try to debate but I suppose its just a matter of faith to believe or not.

This can be debated forever though...so the best thing to use would be the bible and what it says because what we say are most likely subjective person to person and hold no merit compare to the ancient writings of the holy bible. Just my opinion of course.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
According to the bible he did...anyone else who posts other wise would just be posting an opinion and theory of some sort. One can speculate and try to debate but I suppose its just a matter of faith to believe or not.

This can be debated forever though...so the best thing to use would be the bible and what it says because what we say are most likely subjective person to person and hold no merit compare to the ancient writings of the holy bible. Just my opinion of course.

Well if you believe in the bible i respect that but over a billion of muslims believe in the koran . The koran is the infallibe word of god to muslims like the bible is to christians and jews.
I dont believe in neither books just exploring different possibilities.
According to koran god save jesus from being crucified.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I have this mental image of Judas walking down the road out of Calvary, as the crucifixion is taking place. As the town recedes into the the distance, he turns and slowly reaches under his chin to pull off a latex mask, revealing himself to actually be... Jesus!

Cut-shot back to the hill at Calvary, to a deep closeup on the anguished, intensely pained eyes of the figure on the cross... and suddenly, we recognize them as Judas's eyes...

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
More importantly what did he say to his Mother from the cross?
" Run home and get my flats Mary these spikes are killing me".

There Hows that that for serious discussion.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What are you guys talking about? Jesus has his own show on South Park Public Access TV. It's called Jesus and Pals. If you don't believe that he died on the cross, call him up and ask him.

Stan: Jesus?
Jesus: Yes, my son?
Stan: Jesus, is, is it okay to kill somebody if they ask you to, because they're in a lot of pain, you know, like, assisted suicide, is that okay?
Jesus: My son. . . .
Stan: Yes?
Jesus: I'm not touching that with a sixty foot pole. (Presses a button on the phone) Next caller.
Stan: God damn it!
Jesus: I heard that!

It's not just the bible.

Jesus was mentioned by other historical contemporaries, particularly Josephus, Tacitus, and Suetonius. Of them all, Josephus is the most detailed and, it must be noted, he was not a Christian:
At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good, and (he) was known to be virtuous. and many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not desert his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the Messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders.
Tacitus mentions Jesus in relation to Pilate who, after the crucifixion, was recalled to Rome for his mismanagement of Judea, the complaints of which included mass executions for minor offenses or even no offense at all (as Jesus supposedly was):
Nero fastened the guilt [of starting the blaze] and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius [14-37] at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.
Other sources include Lucian, Thallus, and Celsus.

Jesus as well as can be documented from such a far time, almost certainly existed.

Whether he died on the cross is not documented outside of the bible save Josephus' statement. The Talmud says he was hanged. Given Pilate's excesses in the use of crucifixion however, it is likely that this is how he died.

"The darkness which descended upon the land," at the time of Jesus' death was also independently documented.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Josephus references are wellknown forgeries, and the Tacitus quote cooncerns christians, and does not refernce a Jesus of Nazereth (which didnt even exist at that time period).

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also believe he existed, and that he was crucified as a rebel against the Roman state, resurrection pshaw. Many of the things we are told about Christ's life are themes found in the many mythologies of that time, when we discard those what we're left with is just another wanna be messiah.

The Josephus references are wellknown forgeries, and the Tacitus quote cooncerns christians, and does not refernce a Jesus of Nazereth (which didnt even exist at that time period).

The Josephus quote I made was not one of the European Christian embellishments. It came from a 10th century Arab source, Agapius of Manbij and is likely the most accurate version of Josephus' statement.