Did John McCain sell the US out in Vietnam?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Jesus, some of you really need to get laid. It was a fucking question based on a fucking video. I didn't break into Mccain's home and shit in his mouth, I asked a damn question.

None of you know enough about me to fill a sheet of paper so the personal comments are simply laughable. I dunno what else to say but I'm implementing a new rule, before you respond to me you HAVE to get some pussy or some dick. That way you'll post clearly and reasonably instead of all this bullshit that's being posted.

Last edited:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jesus, some of you really need to get laid. It was a fucking question based on a fucking video. I didn't break into Mccain's home and shit in his mouth, I asked a damn question.

None of you know enough about me to fill a sheet of paper so the personal comments are simply laughable. I dunno what else to say but I'm implementing a new rule, before you respond to me you HAVE to get some pussy or some dick. That way you'll post clearly and reasonably instead of all this bullshit that's being posted.

:crucified: :crucified: :crucified:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Brilliant post. Insightful, well-though, perfectly constructed. It must have taken you ages to come up with the concept.:rolleyes: Did you draw those crosses with your crayola box or did an infantile sibling have to help you out?

:crucified::crucified::crucified:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:crucified::crucified::crucified:
Come on vamonos, everybody let's go, I know we can do it!!

Sing with me, I know you're probably a fan of Dora the Explorer. *gasp* There goes Swiper!!

Oh, did I forget to mention that you're getting pretty fucking pathetic? I'm just sayin'.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Let's just get this back to what this site is all about. McCain has a small dick. OK? It's under the acceptable 5". Therefore, should a man with such a small (and old) tool be trusted to serve as Commander in Chief of the hallowed United States of 'Mericuh?

Discuss among yourselves.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Come on vamonos, everybody let's go, I know we can do it!!

Sing with me, I know you're probably a fan of Dora the Explorer. *gasp* There goes Swiper!!

Oh, did I forget to mention that you're getting pretty fucking pathetic? I'm just sayin'.

Well the responses aren't wholly unexpected though most of them wholly personal and of not much substance otherwise.

But this is exactly why I said (many posts back) that raising questions about McCain's pow experiences was not the way to go.

True some of the testimony in the video seems quite compelling, though (as one observed) probably not something that can be proven one way or another.

Also true, your contention that if this were about Obama instead of McCain, this shit would be played out in daily installments - in newspapers and on T.V.... no doubt there'd be "Obama the Traitor" frosties for sale at Wimpy's (or is it Wendies??? Can't remember which...)

The main reason why bringing up McCain's record doesn't play well is that it doesn't "wear" well for the left. They are not too adept at character assasination, smears, and dirty politics...wholly against their mantra...that "take the high road" bit - who and what they profess to be about.

Now the conservative right?? Right up their alley. So in line with their mindset, persona, and overall outlook that mocking someone's war record is for them like taking a breath of air.

Recall how they smeared Kerry? Put out false information, outright lies, and mocked his record (and ALL veterans IMO), by wearing bandages at the convention?? (see here:)

FactCheck.org: Republican-funded Group Attacks Kerry's War Record

(and here)

CNN.com - Delegates*mock Kerry with*'purple heart' bandages - Aug 31, 2004

No one got up in arms about that did they? That's because it was so typically "Republican". Such shit is what they're best at. Besides they had nothing to lose. The ones who were in their camp (or leaning that way) ate that bullshit up like free french fries (yum!). The ones were were offended weren't voting for Bush anyway.

Obama's camp on the other hand knows better. There is still too much angst in America over Vietnam anyway. And in this election, too many undecideds... too many pissed off Billary supporters. It wouldn't take much to turn them off totally to Obama (and more than a few probably want a good reason anyway). They may not like McCAin, or what he stands for. But neither would they like trying to call into question some guy's actions while a pow.

Obama quite wisely steers clear of this one, and (on his war record) gives McCain his due.

And he sure as hell doesn't deserve more than that.

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
^Oh, if a complete stranger/friend of an anonymous profile on a website said it, it MUST be true.:rolleyes: Unlike some of the sorry pity-cases that responded here I did some research and came to an answer that satisfies me. If you actually paid attention to the VID you'd have noticed...something that was mentioned that with 2 seconds of googling I was able to unravel. See what happens when, instead of personally attacking someone you actually get off your lazy ignorant asses and do 2 seconds of research? Once again.

P

A

T

H

E

T

I

C

I'm not at a political debate, I'm not at a rally or convention, I certainly don't have any sinister motive of swaying votes (yeah, cuz that's completely plausible:rolleyes). I asked a fucking question and instead of offering anything substantial I get people calling me names like we're on the playground. One more time for good measure....

P

A

T

H

E

T

I

C

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Well the responses aren't wholly unexpected though most of them wholly personal and of not much substance otherwise.

But this is exactly why I said (many posts back) that raising questions about McCain's pow experiences was not the way to go.

True some of the testimony in the video seems quite compelling, though (as one observed) probably not something that can be proven one way or another.

Also true, your contention that if this were about Obama instead of McCain, this shit would be played out in daily installments - in newspapers and on T.V.... no doubt there'd be "Obama the Traitor" frosties for sale at Wimpy's (or is it Wendies??? Can't remember which...)

The main reason why bringing up McCain's record doesn't play well is that it doesn't "wear" well for the left. They are not too adept at character assasination, smears, and dirty politics...wholly against their mantra...that "take the high road" bit - who and what they profess to be about.

Now the conservative right?? Right up their alley. So in line with their mindset, persona, and overall outlook that mocking someone's war record is for them like taking a breath of air.

Recall how they smeared Kerry? Put out false information, outright lies, and mocked his record (and ALL veterans IMO), by wearing bandages at the convention?? (see here:)

FactCheck.org: Republican-funded Group Attacks Kerry's War Record

(and here)

CNN.com - Delegates*mock Kerry with*'purple heart' bandages - Aug 31, 2004

No one got up in arms about that did they? That's because it was so typically "Republican". Such shit is what they're best at. Besides they had nothing to lose. The ones who were in their camp (or leaning that way) ate that bullshit up like free french fries (yum!). The ones were were offended weren't voting for Bush anyway.

Obama's camp on the other hand knows better. There is still too much angst in America over Vietnam anyway. And in this election, too many undecideds... too many pissed off Billary supporters. It wouldn't take much to turn them off totally to Obama (and more than a few probably want a good reason anyway). They may not like McCAin, or what he stands for. But neither would they like trying to call into question some guy's actions while a pow.

Obama quite wisely steers clear of this one, and (on his war record) gives McCain his due.

And he sure as hell doesn't deserve more than that.

I did actually get "up in arms" over Kerry's swiftboating too. I defended his service where I could and shamed a number of Conservatives for questioning it.

I agree with your point, though. In 2004, Conservatives were willing to allow that kind of treatment of Kerry. In 2008, Liberals and especially Independents would not be so welcoming of a similar treatment of McCain.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, Kerry literally threw his ribbons back in protest of the Vietnam War, effectively rejecting any commendation to be made of his service there. The Swift Boat ads shouldn't have mattered at all, since Kerry had already declared his disgust with the service he had performed. He just made the mistake of trying to bring it back up when running for president.

Damn you make alot of sense.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I did actually get "up in arms" over Kerry's swiftboating too. I defended his service where I could and shamed a number of Conservatives for questioning it.

I agree with your point, though. In 2004, Conservatives were willing to allow that kind of treatment of Kerry. In 2008, Liberals and especially Independents would not be so welcoming of a similar treatment of McCain.

What is bothersome here is that the POW experience is perceived as nothing more than an acronym by the left. Marley is a student or barely removed from being a student - its his prerogative and education that challenges him to challenge the mainstream. However, those of us that have parents and relatives that have dealt with war (Korea, Vietman, WWII and the like) know how it affects people we care about. I have relatives that are still fucked up from Vietnam - outstanding athletes and students - the were drafted and now are homeless and on countless drugs - because recounting their memories are unbearable. Yet none of these are POW's. As some here would have you think, POW was a lavish country club in Saigon. Too bad. I hope no one ever has to endure that horror.

McCain is not a formidable presidential candidate. But Goddamn it, he deserves some respect from those of us who enjoy our freedoms that were given to us by courageous patriots like him. They are few and far between.

Obama is a sharp, intelligent orator - and he will not embarrass our country. But if our nation is under attack or in a war situation, that guy will not protect our people and our children. Period.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Two things make me skeptical of the YouTube video:

1) Why would this new "information" come out via YouTube? McCain has been researched pretty thoroughly and he's provided plenty of details that could be rebutted. No credible journalist unveiled these allegations earlier. I'm not saying it's impossible that we're finding out the real story now, but it seems unlikely.

2) Some context is needed here. McCain has been criticized by Vietnam veterans groups since the early 1990s, when he chaired the Senate Committee that investigated claims that there were still American soldiers being held captive in Vietnam. (The ranking Democrat on that committee: John Kerry.) The report that committee produced concluded that there was no real proof that there were still any POWs in Vietnam. A lot of veterans groups objected and still reject the report's findings. This is what the man early in the video is referring to when he said McCain had blocked their efforts. The people in the video seem to be on the side of these veterans' groups. They've been after McCain for years on this issue. While it's possible that he wasn't tortured or gave the enemy information, they can't be considered an unbiased source.

You were not alive then... I was. Soldiers coming home were SPIT on by the American public. And I do not mean figuratively.

It's not at all clear how common it was for Vietnam vets to be spit on. At least one study concludes that the anecdote is an urban myth. The central point of the spitting is definitely true though: Vietnam vets were unappreciated, neglected and often abused. The number of homeless and addicted that served in that war is staggering.

I wouldn't assume that liberals are less gullible than conservatives. The popularity of Che Guevara among hippie-types is one indicator that it's not true.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
funny, my sister is a staunch republican and she thinks the media machine is liberal biased.

Your sister is victim to the fact that so many conservatives have been saying the media (plural noun) are liberally biased so often for so long that some reasonable people (and all kinds of unreasonable people) are beginning to believe it. The news media, in fact, are overwhelmingly oriented toward the status quo. The vast majority of U.S. news media don't oppose big business, efficient market economic theory, mainstream religion, etc., any more than they oppose Social Security, Medicare, or Civil Rights.