DID / MPD - Does It Exist?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can only postulate that your irrational fear and loathing of the medical profession (of which psychiatry is a part) comes as a response to some hidden trauma in your life, Tripod. Perhaps someday you'll find some wisdom in trying to sort it all out.

I owe the fact that I'm still alive to both the physical and psychiatric wings of modern medicine. I hope that someday, when you face a life-threatening condition, you'll be at a point where you see that all cures are really just indefinite remissions but are still worth pursuing.

Do you have some kind of a problem Bbucko? Did I hurt your feelings because I disagree with the overzealous use of pharmaceuticals and the excessive use of the for profit psychiatric and medical industry by Americans?

You know what? I don't have an irrational fear of the medical and psychiatric industry... I just don't like a good degree of the bullshit that they pedal. I mean... if I get in a car wreck and break a leg, I trust that the doctors and nurses can greatly facilitate in the mending of the broken bone. I also want violent psychopaths seriously medicated. I am not some kind of idealogue. Likewise, I have no doubt that people get great help from the medical and psychiatric industry, I just don't agree with the fanatical overprescribing and I also have a problem with the overdiagnosing that takes place in those industries and that is it.

Are you people gonna tell me that there is not rampant overprescribing and overdiagnosing in the psychiatric and medical industries?

I mean, I didn't have a trauma that has led me to distrust those industries. Your armchair diagnosis is pure bullshit and you threw the first punch Bbucko, so don't be pissed.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not pissed, Tripod, just really sad for you. And if you consider what you quoted from my post "a punch", then delusional must be added to whatever diagnosis you received that pissed you off so badly in the first place.

When I throw punches, they're felt. What I tried to do was empathize; obviously such sentiment is wasted on you, and I'll not attempt it again.

Thanks for the heads up.