did she really?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by twoton, Aug 1, 2011.

1. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is a confusing situation.

A while back I posted about a secretary at work with whom I have an off-again on-again flirtatious relationship. We're both married. She's the one I posted about who called me a "hot mess" as a joke a few times. I still don't really know what she meant by it. She has big boobs and I have a big bulge. :biggrin1:

Our 'office' is divided into a few different suites. The suite where she works has the coffee machine, our boss, his assistants, executive staff, etc. Today, they were all out except for her. She was sitting up there in a mostly dark office all day by herself. I usually visit their suite a couple times a day to get coffee.

Today she's wearing a denim mini and flipflops. She sat cross legged in her chair, showing a lot of well-toned thigh, and she's got the toe-dangle, ankle-roll bit down to an art. (let me add--she accuses me of having a foot fetish, even though I've never given her a reason to believe that)

This afternoon she asked me when I was leaving. I said, "Three-thirty, like I do every day."

Then she said, "I might leave early, around three." I was like, "O.k., whatever."

Then she said, "I guess I'll ride the bus home. It's only like a five minute ride from here."

I asked, "Why? Didn't you drive?"
    She said, "[Husband] doesn't get off until 5:00, and I don't want to have to wait around for him."
    I said, basically, 'o.k., whatever.' and left the office.

A little while later I was in the men's room taking a dump and it occured to me--was she hinting that she wanted me to offer to drive her home? It kind of falls into place, doesn't it?

The body language, flipping her hair around, saying that she'd have to ride the bus home, that it's only five minutes away.

Not that I'd ever DO anything about it. But as a guy, I generally miss cues like these. And see, that's where a woman has an advantage. She can do all those things just to get a guy thinking.
    The body language, flipping her hair around, saying that she'd have to ride the bus home, that it's only five minutes away.

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's unseasonably hot out, and you are familiar and get along well. Maybe she wanted some alone time with you away from work, but I'd bet she just wanted a ride home. She should have just come out and asked, but she wanted you to be chivalrous and offer it to her so she wouldn't be imposing.

When she called you a hot mess, (without any context) she likely meant that you were ridiculous, silly, or funny. It's just a figure of speech.

3. BlackGirl

BlackGirl New Member

"Hot mess" is just ghetto talk for saying you are a trip! lol..That phrase has gone mainstream now so you will hear it often.

Draft saved Draft deleted