Did Vodafone really do a £6bn smash and grab on the UK tax system?

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dont think we are!

someone was talking about a fascinating scam by one of th big banks on the radio the other day. Switching money back and forth to the US to avoid tax. Fancy.

D

deleted136887

And the rich get richer. They fuck the system, get away with it, and end up with a knighthood and/or a performance bonus. The guy pilfering from his employer to stay alive gets locked away for ever.
Same old shit, different day.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I dont think we are!

someone was talking about a fascinating scam by one of th big banks on the radio the other day. Switching money back and forth to the US to avoid tax. Fancy.

Yep, political rhetoric from the PM himself not borne out by political actions. The more of this kind of thing that gets uncovered while they're hitting the man in the street with budget cuts to plug the gap left by ineffectual management of lost revenues, the better.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Uh, the majority of this stuff happened under New Labour's watch! But all the major political parties are the same, so why vote for any of them, & shame on you if you do!

New Labour were deeply in hock to Lord Levy & his cronies, at best beguiled.

I've mentioned elsewhere until 3 years ago I worked on various large financial projects for various FTSE 100, Dow, & Japanese Banks/Investment Houses/Hedge funds.

I found it all sickening - I found all of it damaging to the UK, & I include all the outsourcing of staff.

We used to use a set up called box companies, where $Billion takeovers could be launched - through places like the Isle of Man, Jersey, Luxembourg etc, & the only thing legal ever seemed to do was to reorganise company structure & ownership for the best tax structural advantage.

Tell me - exactly who benefits when you outsource overseas most of your jobs (though most in finance are unquestioning nodding dogs), then (falsely) claim that revenue was generated in lower tax countries?

It ain't the domestic countries - that's for sure. Fewer jobs, less tax revenue - it all ultimately leads to a lower standard of living here, but a boom elsewhere.

That's why I keep harping on about Internationalism (Capitalism/Marxism - same thing ultimately - same backers!).

The only growth for banks is to expand into under/undeveloped markets.

They've maxxed out the potential in most of the West, & need to create more debt.

The quickest way to create more debt (debt = money) is to advance living standards in other countries through the export of proven functions AND foreign aid. This causes a rise in GDP that allows other industries servicing the overseas community to expand. To expand they need debt. And so it continues - a rise in living standards in a world with scarce resources necessarily leads to a dimunition elsewhere, as western countries are outcompeted both on price, & the need to service the debt incurred supposedly to attain the original expertise.

We have been traduced. Supposed multiculturalism was only another ploy aimed at vitiating opposition by diluting dissent; nationhood is important, because it is the largest bond of any society, & the only barrier to corporate globalist interests.

Ultimately, you're left with a default, or a massive drop in living standards as people slave to pay off interest on cash created out of thin air.

The whole system should have collapsed 2 years ago, & we'd all be free(for a while!) Meanwhile, the banksters exchange their riskfree(& subsidised) income for real tangible assets like land & commodities, & exert further control.

Tax law is inbuilt with loopholes - deliberately - to aid preferred corporate entities, & the rich, specifically to lubricate the transfer of wealth from the lower workers up.

These loopholes are meant to be closed to the general populance, but as I've posted before, any income over £75K, self incorporated, can legally avoid the vast majority of tax.

Shit, I could even get someone unemployed(due to new rules now over 35, or a couple or family), & living in their own house, with £50K in the bank, full housing benefit!!!!!!!!!! Legally!

The system is corrupt - the law is corrupt - & elected politicians morally bankrupt:but people just go on oblivious. So why the fuss?

Last edited:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The wealthy entitlement class is a cancer on all of mankind, and has been to a varying degree for centuries. But the motivation is always the same with them; their sociopathic greed. In their world, there are no rules, only money to be made from suckers who play by the rules

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Uh, the majority of this stuff happened under New Labour's watch! But all the major political parties are the same, so why vote for any of them, & shame on you if you do!

The system is corrupt - the law is corrupt - & elected politicians morally bankrupt:but people just go on oblivious. So why the fuss?

Who cares whose watch it happened under - it's as broke as the country claims to be and needs fixing by going after the perpetrators - not by beating Joe Ordinary's standard of living claiming "we're all in it together" when quite patently that's a fucking crock.

The current round of cuts is focusing minds and making people very suddenly less oblivious and not before time.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Pah!

People are more like Bertrand Russell's inductivist turkey! That's the absolute mental stretch of 95% of the population.

How soon they forgot the 80s & 90s - it turned out that they hadn't woken up then too. Content to be ignorant, fuck the future, how am I doing now.

No wonder we're treated like sheep.

Opinion: The Inductivist Turkey - A Whole Lot Of Something

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sadly, I think you might be right there.

The fact that UK protestors (not the ones that protest as a form of recreation) are currently moved to action at all on this is a measure that some at least get the picture.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
The deal is that big business brings in big job numbers. The State gets to tax the workers to support its bloated public sector empire and the quid pro quo for the big businesses is that they get to avoid tax. They can anyway, so there isn't much point trying to stop them.

Those who can't escape the clutches of the State get fucked over.

Incidentally, trying to escape is becoming increasingly difficult.