Did you ever get revenge on someone that broke your heart?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Principessa, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Sometimes on TV, women who had their heart broken in high school go to their 10 yr reunion as a knock out, etc.

Years ago, my then boyfriend, cheated on me and we broke up. Turns out I knew the girl he cheated on me with. We had grown up together and the darn fool had to drive past my house to get to hers. :angryfire2:

Anyway, about three months later I ran into her in Pathmark, she had two of her kids with her. She was so happy to see me, turns out when she found out he was dating me first, she dumped him. :rofl: She remembered what a nice kid I was from 20 years ago! :smile: LOL We used to play Chinese jump rope together at the swim club. She went on to say how happy she was that her welfare finally got approved. That's when I realized living well really was the best revenge. :cool:

Oh yeah, about a week after I found out he had cheated on me, I set off his car alarm which ran down his battery. He worked graveyard shift at Shop-Rite. Thus making him late for his day job at the post office. :smile:

#1 Principessa, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nah, why bother - you know?

If there screwing up the relationship with you...they're just going to do it to somebody else etc. Not worth the aggrivation or stress...

Like you said...its sweet revenge to later find out that you were the better person out of the situation.

3. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    No not really. I did see my ex once, who cheated on me and dumped me. She was walking through the aisle at a target with a guy who had to be like 5'0'' tall. We caught eyes and I just laughed out loud at her, and she looked embarrassed.

Not nearly as good as yours, but it's all I've got :(

4. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes.

I struggled to pay off the debts when he left me in financial ruin, secured a job in my chosen field after being forced to quit school leaving my degree unfinished, found a gorgeous apartment (he stood in my living room looking shocked because I wasn't living in squalour), boyfriend, made new friends, bought my first car (which he also admired), toned the body with yoga and pilates (more admiration), indulged a few of my interests and...got a life. Without him.

I wanted revenge at times (yes, I did let the air out of his motorcycle tires once) but decided making my life better was more important. Karma takes care of the rest.

5. hud01

Gold Member

why bother, life is too short, move on.

6. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Life sometimes has a way of dealing out revenge to the guilty without me having to do anything.

7. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I find that living well IS the best revenge.
    Especially when you run into them later on and act like "what? we went out once? I almost forgot!!" LOL
    Kinda drives it home that they were forgettable.

8. dolfette

Gold Member

9. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't believe in jealousy. If a relationship was meant to last it would have, and if it didn't last then it wasn't meant to be.

10. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I've never done this, but I have thought it would be great if I could be a knock-out and/or very rich, and go to my high school reunion to rub it in all their faces. Unfortunately, I think they're probably all better off than I am! :eek: I didn't get ugly, so much, but I did gain a lot of weight (of course, I was very thin in high school...), and I certainly didn't get rich - I got poorer instead! :mad:

It does bug me to hear that one of the kids who bullied me in school is doing well, when I'm struggling so much.

But I've never really thought about revenge on someone who broke up with me or anything like that. I guess maybe I've not been deeply enough involved with anyone to even feel heartbroken when they break up! And my longest term relationship? We're still close friends to this day.

11. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i could have gotten my revenge... i knew the passwords to his accounts and even had access to his credit card numbers. i could have left him financially crippled if i really wanted to. but, i chose the higher road.

moving on with my life and finding happiness was the best kind of revenge.

i'm sure he knows how happy i am without him too... i mean, last i heard he was divorced, miserable, and had one too many run-ins with the law. gosh, i just love karma! :biggrin1:

12. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Nah, just knowing I didn't have to deal with her anymore, and later on seeing her doing so bad was revenge.

There's an old saying that goes, "Those who look for revenge should start by digging two graves."

13. King_ding_a_ling

King_ding_a_ling New Member

Albums:
    My ex of 3 years dumped me when I joined the Air Force. And I was totally devestated but then later found out the guy she dumped me for joined the Marines and dumped her in the process.... It was sweet music to my ears (as horrible as that is, but it really is funny)

14. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No, I so far had only 2 relationships and both ended. Second one was just of pure different opinions on monogamy (surprisingly she was the one who wanted more freedom than me... surprising). But the first one was a broken heart, the girl demanded that I tell her that I love her even thought we were together for like a month only and she understood my "I'm not ready yet" as "I don't love you".

Two months later she send me a text message that she's so happy cause she has a new boyfriend, I was sad, but I accepted it, she's happy and now as time went I guess Im better off without her, but we're still friends.. me and both of my exes are.

And with this experience, I know it's very bad idea to end a relationship on a bitter note.

I am a fan of revenge, but I really wouldn't like it to appear in a relationship... anyone saw "War of the Roses"? It really is better to solve things peacefully.

15. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

I'm extremely good at get backs... so I don't indulge. Why let them win?!?

16. latinluva

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    The best revenge you can have on someone is to move on and be happy with someone else. Or just be happy. :smile:

17. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I think I'm echoing the sentiments of most others here but I have found the best revenge is moving on with your life without them and being happy and successful. It drives them crazy for some reason.

18. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Only had my heart broken once. She was not evil about it. I probably had it coming.

So....nope.

19. the_reverend

Gold Member

had my heart broken a few times...but in most cases, it was just from being deeply in love and having it end. or if there was anyone at fault, then we were both to blame. i'm actually friends with most of them still. don't know that i'd be all that great at vengeance anyway. lol!

20. voidout

Gold Member

livin' well is the best revenge.

Draft saved Draft deleted