Did you ever get revenge on someone that broke your heart?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes on TV, women who had their heart broken in high school go to their 10 yr reunion as a knock out, etc.

Years ago, my then boyfriend, cheated on me and we broke up. Turns out I knew the girl he cheated on me with. We had grown up together and the darn fool had to drive past my house to get to hers. :angryfire2:

Anyway, about three months later I ran into her in Pathmark, she had two of her kids with her. She was so happy to see me, turns out when she found out he was dating me first, she dumped him. :rofl: She remembered what a nice kid I was from 20 years ago! :smile: LOL We used to play Chinese jump rope together at the swim club. She went on to say how happy she was that her welfare finally got approved. That's when I realized living well really was the best revenge. :cool:

Oh yeah, about a week after I found out he had cheated on me, I set off his car alarm which ran down his battery. He worked graveyard shift at Shop-Rite. Thus making him late for his day job at the post office. :smile:

Last edited:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nah, why bother - you know?

If there screwing up the relationship with you...they're just going to do it to somebody else etc. Not worth the aggrivation or stress...

Like you said...its sweet revenge to later find out that you were the better person out of the situation.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No not really. I did see my ex once, who cheated on me and dumped me. She was walking through the aisle at a target with a guy who had to be like 5'0'' tall. We caught eyes and I just laughed out loud at her, and she looked embarrassed.

Not nearly as good as yours, but it's all I've got :(

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes.

I struggled to pay off the debts when he left me in financial ruin, secured a job in my chosen field after being forced to quit school leaving my degree unfinished, found a gorgeous apartment (he stood in my living room looking shocked because I wasn't living in squalour), boyfriend, made new friends, bought my first car (which he also admired), toned the body with yoga and pilates (more admiration), indulged a few of my interests and...got a life. Without him.

I wanted revenge at times (yes, I did let the air out of his motorcycle tires once) but decided making my life better was more important. Karma takes care of the rest.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I find that living well IS the best revenge.
Especially when you run into them later on and act like "what? we went out once? I almost forgot!!" LOL
Kinda drives it home that they were forgettable.

D

deleted356736

I don't believe in jealousy. If a relationship was meant to last it would have, and if it didn't last then it wasn't meant to be.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never done this, but I have thought it would be great if I could be a knock-out and/or very rich, and go to my high school reunion to rub it in all their faces. Unfortunately, I think they're probably all better off than I am! :eek: I didn't get ugly, so much, but I did gain a lot of weight (of course, I was very thin in high school...), and I certainly didn't get rich - I got poorer instead! :mad:

It does bug me to hear that one of the kids who bullied me in school is doing well, when I'm struggling so much.

But I've never really thought about revenge on someone who broke up with me or anything like that. I guess maybe I've not been deeply enough involved with anyone to even feel heartbroken when they break up! And my longest term relationship? We're still close friends to this day.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i could have gotten my revenge... i knew the passwords to his accounts and even had access to his credit card numbers. i could have left him financially crippled if i really wanted to. but, i chose the higher road.

moving on with my life and finding happiness was the best kind of revenge.

i'm sure he knows how happy i am without him too... i mean, last i heard he was divorced, miserable, and had one too many run-ins with the law. gosh, i just love karma! :biggrin1:

King_ding_a_ling

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My ex of 3 years dumped me when I joined the Air Force. And I was totally devestated but then later found out the guy she dumped me for joined the Marines and dumped her in the process.... It was sweet music to my ears (as horrible as that is, but it really is funny)

Joseph

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
No, I so far had only 2 relationships and both ended. Second one was just of pure different opinions on monogamy (surprisingly she was the one who wanted more freedom than me... surprising). But the first one was a broken heart, the girl demanded that I tell her that I love her even thought we were together for like a month only and she understood my "I'm not ready yet" as "I don't love you".

Two months later she send me a text message that she's so happy cause she has a new boyfriend, I was sad, but I accepted it, she's happy and now as time went I guess Im better off without her, but we're still friends.. me and both of my exes are.

And with this experience, I know it's very bad idea to end a relationship on a bitter note.

I am a fan of revenge, but I really wouldn't like it to appear in a relationship... anyone saw "War of the Roses"? It really is better to solve things peacefully.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think I'm echoing the sentiments of most others here but I have found the best revenge is moving on with your life without them and being happy and successful. It drives them crazy for some reason.

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
had my heart broken a few times...but in most cases, it was just from being deeply in love and having it end. or if there was anyone at fault, then we were both to blame. i'm actually friends with most of them still. don't know that i'd be all that great at vengeance anyway. lol!