• None of the above

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that I had an okay childhood. Thinking back, I think that I didn't associate with the best of peeps. I wanted friends. But I learned that sometimes no matter what...people you want in your life aren't necessarily good for you. When you are young--you can make some regrettable mistakes. But HOPEfully, you learn from them. THAT IS A BIG HOPE AND PRAYER OF HOPE, as well.)

And add puberty into the mix, and that compounds everything. There is a certain nostalgia I have. There was a sense of wonder and had a feeling of mysticism then. I miss who I was though. I wish that I could go back and change a lot of things. I would have done a lot of things different (if I had the knowledge what I know now) back then.

And having an older sister on my case when I was young didn't help either.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My dad died when I was 11......childhood was hard for me.

Well, if it is any consolation. I bet you probably look a lot like him. And you probably got all the good qualities of your father. So in a way, you didn't lose him at all. You have his potential. :smile:

blkmwbp

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
had a ruff but pleasant childhood i grew up fast and had to learn responsibility and respect

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just saw some pictures of Iraqi kids playing in a war ravaged town and swimming in a makeshift pond in the middle of the street. It dawned on me that most kids left to their own devices will have fun and make their own happiness regardless of how wealthy their family is, where they live, and what shape their country is in.

I think it's more about how you are socialized and who you live around rather than any external material factors. Basically the people you grow up with and around determine a happy childhood.

I also think some kids are more predisposed to happiness than other kids just like adults are but much of that is learned.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I find this a hard question to answer.
I don't think I was very happy as a child, no.
But I had an exceptionally stable home, apart from my father's bad health. (He died when I was 14.)
We had reasonable physical comfort, were given standards, the family was respected in the community ... but I was a very conflicted child.
I eventually worked all that out, and now when I look back, I can't understand the unhappiness I felt then.
But, that's what I felt.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i had great childhood. it was fun growing up in southern california because i experienced a lot as a kid. my parents took me to all the gazillion theme parks during the summers and we'd go to the beach and griffith park all the time. my dad also planned road trips a few times a year too. my mom is the best though!! from a young age, she taught me how to cook, clean, take care of myself, etc, which totally paid off. most of my extended family is here in southern california too, so i've always had support and people to turn to as well. dammit, now i miss being a kid. i didn't have bills to pay or repsonsibilities to live up to.

my two fave childhood memories: riding bikes with my dad every saturday and making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with my mom.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
dammit, now i miss being a kid. i didn't have bills to pay or repsonsibilities to live up to.

While I had a good childhood, I do not miss it. I love the freedom of being an adult and doing whatever you want to do whenever you want to.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My childhood was idyllic until I turned 8 years-old and firmly said, "No. I don't want to be baptized into the mormom church." After that, I suffered the taunting and berating of my parents, brother, aunts and uncles, and all of the kids and their parents in my little Ewetaw town for another 8 years until I could escape school and live free in San Francisco. Odd how being one's own person tends to piss off the majority of mind-controlled twits in a small community. Stranger than science fiction.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
My childhood was idyllic until I turned 8 years-old and firmly said, "No. I don't want to be baptized into the mormom church." After that, I suffered the taunting and berating of my parents, brother, aunts and uncles, and all of the kids and their parents in my little Ewetaw town for another 8 years until I could escape school and live free in San Francisco. Odd how being one's own person tends to piss off the majority of mind-controlled twits in a small community. Stranger than science fiction.

your parents should be proud. they didn't make the mistake of not teaching you how to think for yourself.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Overall I had a happy childhood. I had lots of love and wonderful family. My parents were a bit immature but my grandparents were amazing beyond belief. I was the oldest and blessed with certain gifts that made managing school and life in general much easier than many of my friends. There were a couple characters that haunted me, one who was a monster and if there was any real unhappiness, it was usually attributed to that one person. It was also a challenge to grow up around alot of people who were racists but generally good people and generally good to me. Considering my various circumstances, my life should have been much worse but it all worked out well. Again, most of that credit goes to the grandparents.

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
A great big fat "no". Both parents spent a good two decades telling me I was a piece of shit. I suffer, still.

Over the years, I've written quite a bit about it on this site.

By the way, I agree with K8. Oliver James' They F*ck You Up is an awesome book.

HardKamGuy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hated childhood and thanks be to God my memory of it is all but erased. To painful to talk about, and nobody wold care anyway except the guy wanting the $120 after i do share.