Did you know there was a huge demonstration on Wall Street?

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
God bless all those who demonstrated. Wall street IS the antichrist, if there is such a creature. Wall street Journal is its scribe. Wall street was the major cause of the economic downturn and deserves the trashing it is getting .

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Last edited:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was aware that Yahoo! has been censoring the e-mail messages of its customers. I didn't think that Yahoo! counted as part of the news media. What was at issue is whether the news media were censoring something or somebody in connection with the Wall Street protests. I still don't see how any such thing has happened. Who has been censored by the news media in this event? The protestors? No. The news media have not in any way interfered with or suppressed their demonstrations. The neglect of reportage on an event may constitute bias or even misrepresentation, but it's not censorship.

Nice twist there! Or "spin" if I may be politically correct.

Yahoo IS news media. Even if they are small compared to CNN. You admit to knowing they censor, and you also know they are part of big media. As for the rest of Big Media, They didn't cover it ON PURPOSE. Which is censorship. No one is accusing big media of interfering or suppressing their demonstrations. What Big Media is being called out on is; 1) purposely NOT covering it at the start despite prior knowledge it was going to happen, 2) wrongfully demonizing it in it's first days and still is.

Now big media is trying to do damage control by covering it small bits at a time hoping it'll just go away. They know they've been busted by the people, and they know it's important to the people.

Big Media just doesn't want the people to decide what's important for the people to know.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Rational Irrationality: The Anti-Wall Street Protesters’ Best Friend: Ray Kelly : The New Yorker Police violence interpreted as 'closet support' --? because it made the media notice. What obfuscation.

'If the cops had kept their cool, the occupation, which is meant to last several months, might well have declined over time to a hard core of a few dozen. Now the protesters’ numbers are growing, presenting a dilemma for Kelly and his billionaire boss Mayor Bloomberg. Should they leave the kids alone or present them with another publicity coup by attempting to break up their encampment? Thanks to Deputy Inspector Bologna, the world will be watching what happens.'

Meanwhile an international union joins them. Airline pilots.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/09/29/union-airline-pilots-occupy-wall-street/

It is day13.
"These are the most overeducated crowd of people that I've even seen in my life," said Daniel Levine, a student at Baruch College. "People come out of college and there are no jobs." --MSNBC

http://blog.aflcio.org/2011/09/29/wall-street-needs-to-pay-for-wrecking-economy/

Unions are in favor of the protests. USA has much less worker security than other lands.

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
an international view:

Occupy Wall Street Protest: Why Reckless Bankers Still Owe America

Occupy Wall Street Protest: Why Reckless Bankers Still Owe America - International Business Times

'In the aftermath of the 2008 to 2009 financial crisis, the U.S. public anger against Wall Street was fresh and politicians had to do something.
The financial reform bill they passed accomplished some good; for example, it put more separation between banks and risk proprietary trading operations.
However, reform didn't go nearly far enough.
Today, many Americans from the 99 percent are still hurting from the financial crisis.
Wall Street, meanwhile, is swimming in cash and collecting absurd bonuses because of the government bailouts, the massive carry trade of borrowing from the Fed at zero percent cost and buying longer-term U.S. Treasuries, and the reflation trade partially sparked by the Fed's money printing.'

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
clandestino. — Government Orders YouTube To Censor Protest...

Some bad news. The revolution will not be on Youtube?

Luckily it was not the US government, but it could happen. BBC may be better than USA for world news, but it's still been cherry-picked.
If you go to the youtube site you'll find dozens of videos about the wall st protests.

BBC is no better than any other news channel. It's just packaged more cleverly and less annoyingly than the main US broadcasters. The World Service is funded by the Foreign Office and starting this year, the U.S. State Department.

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funny that a millionaire that made his money through capitalism (duping the masses into watching his movies) is there protesting.

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i go around zuccoti park (the area they've occupied) on my lunch break the past couple of weeks to read the posters they made as well as listen in on their meetings.

I got a chance to meet Cornel West on thursday. he was there for a little bit and i wanted to get a chance to talk to him but so many of the protesters were trying to get hand shakes and get his input on certain things.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Semper Fi: Marines Coming To Protect Protesters On Wall Street | Addicting Info

quote:
“I’m heading up there tonight in my dress blues. So far, 15 of my fellow marine buddies are meeting me there, also in Uniform. I want to send the following message to Wall St and Congress:I didn’t fight for Wall St. I fought for America. Now it’s Congress’ turn.
My true hope, though, is that we Veterans can act as first line of defense between the police and the protester. If they want to get to some protesters so they can mace them, they will have to get through the Fucking Marine Corps first. Let’s see a cop mace a bunch of decorated war vets.I apologize now for typos and errors.
Typing this on iPhone whilst heading to NYC. We can organize once we’re there. That’s what we do best.If you see someone in uniform, gather together.
A formation will be held tonight at 10PM.
We all took an oath to uphold, protect and defend the constitution of this country. That’s what we will be doing.

Hope to see you there!!”