Did you like Michelle Obama's dress?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nude, you of all people should realize fashion plays a big part in everything these days. Shes a public figure, and as such will be in the spotlight all the time and constantly scrutinized for how she looks. It goes with the territory. You are always impeccably dressed, and I am sure part of the reason is because you like the attention. Yes, some of us dress for ourselves, but most of us dress for others... A little frivolity always spices things up. Cant always be serious.....

For me it's not the attention at all. I just like nice fabric next to my skin. I realize that being a public figure she will be scrutinized, I was just saying in all my posts that she always looks put together, and we should look at the person and what she represents and not just her dress.

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No, I just found it odd that she did dress like a black widow spider and then you compared her to Jackie Kennedy. To me, it wouldn't have been quite so symbolic without your comment.

My comment wasn't meant to be funny, or smart arse or imply you were suggesting anything. I apologize if I didn't use smilies etc.

Get over yourselves, please.

Media
The dress was an odd choice. It cut her in half, not well thought out. She usually looks amazing and put together. When I saw the dress I thought "Spiderman".

Now she has all the resources at her disposal in totally pulling herself together. Unlike the queen of England who dresses in a rather dated fashion, even for an older woman, our new first lady is usually very progressive in her choice of attire. Let's hope it continues....

"Hello? Micheal Corrs? Michelle Obama here...I need your help!"

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
They attack her fashion sense because it is the only thing they feel they can attack her on.
It reminds me to the packs of bitchy girls in high school.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Have you forgotten the hullaballoo over Hillary's headbands, pantsuits, and kankles?

She said in an interview her focus was on her girls and that she would be Mommy-in-Chief. I like that title. :biggrin1:

Hey, and don't ya'll try and kill me or anything because I shush the convo... :) OK? ;)
Since your wife is a former beauty queen if she says the woman needs an overhaul, then by golly she needs a fashion overhaul. What does she suggest? I would like to see her maybe wear her hair up more often.[/quote]

Hey NJ, nope, I have not forgotten all the criticism that Hillary received with her dress attire either. Nor have I forgotten Palin being criticized for her wardrobe make-up. I just think people go from one extreme to the other and sometimes they focus too much on intangible things.

I like that Mommy-in-Chief title, too! Understanding the dynamics that will be involved in President Elect Obama's life, I do hope they are able to offer some level of normalcy for their children. I am sure Michelle will protect them, their rights to privacy, and ensure they receive the personalized attention they need from Mom & Dad. :)

I do not have enough time here to fully discuss what "T" had to say about the overhaul. It would take an indefinite amount of time. And, I would get frustrated repeating it all... She did offer a gown though and the name and number to the boutique she frequented moons ago....

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
when I first saw the dress, I thought "what the hell is that?":biggrin1:
but I saw it again today from other angles and it didn't look that bad...
I think Michelle's a pretty sharp lady...both in her wardrobe & her intelligence...

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For me it's not the attention at all. I just like nice fabric next to my skin. I realize that being a public figure she will be scrutinized, I was just saying in all my posts that she always looks put together, and we should look at the person and what she represents and not just her dress.

Point well taken, and you are RIGHT. But we are a shallow society. And who doesnt really love a pretty dress ???? :tongue:

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I don't think it matters that her dress represents her as an american or not.

I just didn't think it was flattering and I made a similar comment in chat when CNN called the election for Obama. I love Michelle she looks like a blood clot in that dress.

D

deleted213967

What's the big hoopla over her sartorial choice?

Big freaking deal. It's not that she experienced a "wardrobe malfunction" before a live audience of billions.

Black and red go well together and she could definitely get away with it. She has a full figure and black is both dressy and slimming.

Still, I can't believe the media can obsess about those trite details while Rome is burning.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think it matters that her dress represents her as an american or not.

I just didn't think it was flattering and I made a similar comment in chat when CNN called the election for Obama. I love Michelle she looks like a blood clot in that dress.
:rofl:She looks like a blood clot. :lmao: That is priceless. :tongue:

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funny how Sarah Palin was smacked for having a $150,000 wardrobe. And now Michlelle Obama gets slammed for not wearing some exspensive gown. Thats not what she is about. Id rather she wear some nice off the rack dress than spend a fourtune on some dress. Tells me she is one of the people.

Right, exactly. She could find something on the rack at Target that looks better than the abomination she wore on election night. The red things didn't come across well on TV and, to me, looked like big pieces of construction paper stapled to an otherwise forgettable black dress. I kept thinking that her daughters made it.

Thank goodness I'm a guy and don't have to worry so much about how to dress. Suit, tie, and a flag lapel pin (which wasn't a big deal until this past campaign..:rolleyes:) will get me anywhere. :biggrin1:

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mcains bitch is spooky looking

Yeah, but I'll give her credit for wearing a racing suit.
ESPN - Cindy McCain takes the wheel in her own race

Although I think the story's timing was weird, too. Racing might make someone seem down-home and fun (and Cindy certainly seems more relaxed here than she ever was while standing on stage), but it's an expensive hobby. The joke is that if you want to make a small fortune on auto racing, you start with a large one. I thought it made her look even further detached from the rest of us.

/end tangent..

Media
They attack her fashion sense because it is the only thing they feel they can attack her on.
It reminds me to the packs of bitchy girls in high school.

...you want to join our group. I can tell. There is an initiation process however. I think you can handle it DF. :wink:

I love you, I think you know this. I don't think the thread was started as a serious attack on Michelle. Now that we FINALLY have someone of quality in the oval office, a well dressed first lady is just mere icing on the cake is all.