Did you see the CSI - Season Premiere?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Well, both of the double posts evidently got deleted but I did see the premier episode. I came away from it shaking my head. Why did Sara Sidle keep walking through the desert, leaving little clues along the way, when she must know that the best way to be found is to sit and wait for your rescuers?

The Vegas version is the best of the three CSI shows but even they goof up once in a while.

There are two kinds of 'suspense' that I can't stand on TV. One is where one or more of the stars is taken hostage and the other is where the bad guy gets away for a later episode and then gets away again for a later episode, etc. Thank goodness this 'miniature' killer stuff is over with.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, both of the double posts evidently got deleted but I did see the premier episode. I came away from it shaking my head. Why did Sara Sidle keep walking through the desert, leaving little clues along the way, when she must know that the best way to be found is to sit and wait for your rescuers?
Clearly not an option Two reasons which I can tell of to you right now
first she would have been likely washed away or burried to death in sand as was the car and also the other hiker who was found in the sand/dirt who had been caught in the rain water deluge

Second, if she had stayed put and not been sand smothered or drowned then the show would have ended too soon and there would have been more commercials and less of Gil Grissom looking like he had lost his last chance at love I personally find the Grissom/Sidle love thing to be sick sick sick It is clear Grissom is asexual he has never even given Catherine Willows (Marg Helenberger) a second glance or any other woman (or man either) The love interest thing is sick sick sick It is sick I tell you.

The Vegas version is the best of the three CSI shows but even they goof up once in a while.
Yes it is the best I do not even bother with the other two any more

Thank goodness this 'miniature' killer stuff is over with.
:saevilw:Is it? Is any thing ever really over in these types of programs?:saevil:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I can't stand the Miami version...Who lets that guy act? He's an embarrassment to redheads!

But imagine having a boss like him. You could be making all kinds of faces and hand gestures at him while he lectures you on your job performance with his back to you.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I personally find the Grissom/Sidle love thing to be sick sick sick. It is clear Grissom is asexual he has never even given Catherine Willows (Marg Helenberger) a second glance or any other woman (or man either) The love interest thing is sick sick sick It is sick I tell you.
Dial it back a notch MMM, you are begining to sound like your moniker. :tongue: You obviously don't watch the show much or you would know that he has had a few sexual encounters with Lady Heather. He also had a love interest season 2 but I can't remember her name.

I can't stand the Miami version...Who lets that guy act? He's an embarrassment to redheads!
ROTFLMAO I have referred to him as the giant leprechaun ever since his days on NYPD Blue. Unfortunately for him the guy on the Lucky Charms box has smoother moves and is much more talented as an actor.:biggrin1:

I'd be smashing his damn sunglasses...comment with them on..whips them off for effect and superior comment-- EVERY episode I've seen

I do a great impression of him at the beginning and end of each episode, when he does that stupid thing with his sunglasses. I had my family in stitches the Fourth of July.:smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rumor has it the actress who plays Sara Sydle is leaving the show. Apparently she thinks she can move on to bigger and better things.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I personally find the Grissom/Sidle love thing to be sick sick sick It is clear Grissom is asexual he has never even given Catherine Willows (Marg Helenberger) a second glance or any other woman (or man either) The love interest thing is sick sick sick It is sick I tell you.

Gil thrives on mind games and you can tell he gets a kick out of Katherine Willows (Marg) always trying to get a rise out of him and he did respect the boss/employee thing with her is another reason. I think it will come out that Katherine is probably pretty torqued at the Sarah Grissom thing somewhere down the road.

As for Sara, you have to go back to the second episode. In the first episode, one of the team was killed while processing a crime scene. In the next episode, Grissom brought in "a girl he had worked with before", that girl was Sara. From moment one the whole team knew there was something up with Sarah and who she was to Grissom, they just finally got used to her and accepted her. Remember the episode they got reprimanded for their affair, two very telling things happened. When sarah was asked when she and Grissom started being romantic, she said "two years ago." Grissom answered the same question with "14 years ago". Grissom is a very cerebral person and to him it started when he knew there was a spark there. Sara didn't think it started til they literally got physical. Remember Lady Heather? No one knows if he slept with her, but they both had an erotic mental relationship going. It wouldn't surprise me if the reason he didn't really go further with Lady Heather was because of Sara. Sara did also get a bit peeved when Grissom turned out to be her alibi for a murder. The other thing is Katherine even said she knew Grissom and Sara were an item "It was obvious."

For this to make sense, you have to watch all the seasons in full. The clues have always been there.

I do a great impression of him at the beginning and end of each episode, when he does that stupid thing with his sunglasses. I had my family in stitches the Fourth of July.:smile:

*putting glasses on my face and turning my head to one side* I guess she knows how to make an impression. (Queue The Who music)

I thought it would have been nice to have him have a thing with Lady whatever her name was-- the S&M Madam

Lady Heather? She encompasses that which Grissom loves. She is a creature of the night, she is NOBODY'S fool, super intelligent and shares a lot of Grissom's odd passions. They had a very cerebral love affair. Grissom and Lady Heather got off on trying to get to each other and mentally stimulating each other. These two fell apart after Grissom had to deal with the case of her and the guy who killed her daughter and subsequently saw Lady Heather beating the guy who killed her daughter to death. If I recall, she kind of played Grissom to get what she needed to find the guy and beat him down. The whole thing got wierd after that. Grissom felt betrayed by her.

Rumor has it the actress who plays Sara Sydle is leaving the show. Apparently she thinks she can move on to bigger and better things.

Jorja Fox has confirmed she is leaving as she has other things she wants to do while she is still young enough to. I think she is being smart and shrewd with her career. A good director can use her clebrity from CSI and make a big film with her. Sara wasn't a strong character on the show and with the love story thing, she would have to become a more formed character and that leads to type casting. By getting out now, she is not type cast, she is knwon in the industry from being on the number one crime drama, and she can possibly do what David Caruso failed at.

Well, just as long as they don't make a re-remake of the awful Kiss of Death and who could forget the terminal flop Jade. Caruso had some lousy instinct in scripts (so did Nicholas Cage for Kiss of Death). As long as Jorja stays away from movies like these that Caruso made, she'll be fine. I'd like to see her do a Merchant & Ivory production. She could do it.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The original is the best and only as far as I'm concerned. The Miami version is laughable because of David Caruso and as for the NY version....now that is an embarrassment.
Would have loved for Grissom to have developed more of his relationship with lady Heather. Sara is just so weak and her many problems make more for Gil to study her rather than have any sort of relationship.
Personally, I'd love to see something with Warwick, Nick and Greg but I know that will never happen. All three of those guys are hot each in their own way.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sara is just so weak and her many problems make more for Gil to study her rather than have any sort of relationship.
He'd better hurry then since she is about to disappear from the show
Personally, I'd love to see something with Warwick, Nick and Greg but I know that will never happen. All three of those guys are hot each in their own way.
Maybe you need to write the script for this scenario and send it in to them There might be a possibility they would go for it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gil thrives on mind games and you can tell he gets a kick out of Katherine Willows (Marg) always trying to get a rise out of him and he did respect the boss/employee thing with her is another reason. I think it will come out that Katherine is probably pretty torqued at the Sarah Grissom thing somewhere down the road. No, Katherine was too pissed when Warwick got married. I think she just enjoys toying with Grissom and trying to make him blush like I do with some of my guy friends. If Grissom were ever to flirt back or kiss her she'd probably faint.:tongue:

As for Sara, you have to go back to the second episode. In the first episode, one of the team was killed while processing a crime scene. In the next episode, Grissom brought in "a girl he had worked with before", that girl was Sara. From moment one the whole team knew there was something up with Sarah and who she was to Grissom, they just finally got used to her and accepted her. Ohh yeah! I remember that. The CSI who got killed was the daughter of a politician or a cop and Warwick was supposed to be her partner/backup but he left to see his bookie. I think that was when his gambling issues were bought to the front burner. Remember the episode they got reprimanded for their affair, two very telling things happened. When sarah was asked when she and Grissom started being romantic, she said "two years ago." Grissom answered the same question with "14 years ago". Grissom is a very cerebral person and to him it started when he knew there was a spark there. Sara didn't think it started til they literally got physical. I saw that. I thought it was very interesting because Sara counts from the first time they had sex. Which is something men usually do. Remember Lady Heather? No one knows if he slept with her, but they both had an erotic mental relationship going. I was pretty sure he slept with Lady Heather after the first episode in which she appeared. They showed them making out in bed as I recall. It wouldn't surprise me if the reason he didn't really go further with Lady Heather was because of Sara. Sara did also get a bit peeved when Grissom turned out to be her alibi for a murder. I noticed that! She was definetely jealous. :tongue:The other thing is Katherine even said she knew Grissom and Sara were an item "It was obvious." I think she way lying! She didn't want to seem as out of the loop as the guys.

For this to make sense, you have to watch all the seasons in full. The clues have always been there. But that's just it, we had one or two very, subtle hints per season; not per episode. PER SEASON! I kept waiting for them to have a date, for there to be a furtive yet passionate glance across a dead body. :tongue: Maybe even a scene where they hold hands walking out of the building. There was nothing of the sort. :confused::mad:

*putting glasses on my face and turning my head to one side* I guess she knows how to make an impression. (Queue The Who music)
hahaha I'm an observer, I tend to watch everything going on around me. I used to be a great mimic when I was younger.

Lady Heather? She encompasses that which Grissom loves. She is a creature of the night, she is NOBODY'S fool, super intelligent and shares a lot of Grissom's odd passions. They had a very cerebral love affair. Grissom and Lady Heather got off on trying to get to each other and mentally stimulating each other. True! These two fell apart after Grissom had to deal with the case of her and the guy who killed her daughter and subsequently saw Lady Heather beating the guy who killed her daughter to death. Yeah, when he found him whipping the guy, Grissom looked equal parts shocked, angry, and disgusted. Poor Guy. She really was out of his league. If I recall, she kind of played Grissom to get what she needed to find the guy and beat him down. The whole thing got wierd after that. Grissom felt betrayed by her. Yup.

Jorja Fox has confirmed she is leaving as she has other things she wants to do while she is still young enough to. I think she is being smart and shrewd with her career. A good director can use her celebrity from CSI and make a big film with her. Sara wasn't a strong character on the show and with the love story thing, she would have to become a more formed character and that leads to type casting. You don't think she'll be typecast after 9 years on the show?:biggrin1::confused::rolleyes: By getting out now, she is not type cast, she is known in the industry for being on the number one crime drama, and she can possibly do what David Caruso failed at.

Well, just as long as they don't make a re-remake of the awful Kiss of Death and who could forget the terminal flop Jade. Caruso had some lousy instinct in scripts (so did Nicholas Cage for Kiss of Death). As long as Jorja stays away from movies like these that Caruso made, she'll be fine. I'd like to see her do a Merchant & Ivory production. She could do it.
Caruso was an arrogant ass, he left NYPD Blue after the first season! No one quits a top rated series for bigger and better things unless their last name is Spielberg or Coppola.

NOTE: I'm a huge fan, I've seen every episode at least 3 times.:smile: