Did your mother ever tell you...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by neophyte314, Mar 21, 2005.

1. neophyte314

neophyte314 New Member

Albums:
    Girls,

when getting the 'birds and bees' talk from your mother, did she ever give you any information that went beyond the physiological aspects of sex. Specifically, did she ever give you any advice on sexual pleasure and how to achieve / maximise your fulfillment; or, did she ever give you advice on boyfriend selection; or, did she ever hint to you that a larger penis was better.

Thanks

2. B_GorgeousJane

B_GorgeousJane New Member

The 'birds and bees' talk came from both my mother and older sister - my mother pretty much stuck to the basics of sex but gave me great advice on relationships and looking after myself. My older sister (by five years), who I was already very close to anyway, took it upon herself to educate her little sis in the feminine ways of the world, including (and even especially) those 'little' things formal sex education doesn't teach you. She already had an active sex life so was able to speak from experience and really told me everything, good and bad, on how to please yourself and your man. And, yes, she did tell me a few things I might want to look out for when choosing my partners! She stressed that size without skill wasn't a particularly good combination, but did say that the feeling of being stretched was amazing.

We still chat loads now, except it's got to the point where I'm giving her as many tips as she's giving me!!

3. madame_zora

Gold Member

No, nothing of the sort for me. The birds and the bees talk my mother gave me came about three years too late and she was embarassed as hell, so I let her off the hook lightly.

4. naughty

Gold Member

LOL!

My mom did tell me what I needed to know in stages. But coming from conservative home we didnt discuss any intimacies of sex .She felt whatever I would need to know I would learn when I got married. Oh yeah...and she told me to keep my legs shut! LOL!

NAUGHTY

5. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

I come from a very strange family, as it appears we are always talking about sex in some form or fashion. Eventually, every conversation will lead to sex. I am probably much more conservative than most of my family (tell you anything?), but my mother did share very valuable things with me. I appreciated it. Even today I can ask her questions and she is very open with me about responses. I think those conversations lead to healthy relationships and helps women to know what to expect.

Naughty, my mother actually encouraged me to have sex with several people before I got married. She told me that it would help me to be able to satisfy my husband more and likewise would afford me the opportunity to experience different men, as men are different, especially in the bedroom. I did not take heed to her advise, as I have only been with 2 men.

When I have children, I will probably pass the same knowledge and sayings to her. Of course, my husband, if like my father, will probably want to kick my ass but he'll get over it! (My father and brothers think I should be a virgin and should never, ever consider meeting a man, let alone having sex with him. Talk about double standards! )

6. jonb

Gold Member

Wait . . . You're the most conservative in your family? Are you sure you're from the South?

7. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

HA HA HA! :p

Yes, I am the most conservative. You should meet the others... whoa....

8. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

I know it's kinda off-topic, since it's my DAD telling me (male) about it. I have to say we both are pretty similar, sexually (same likes, mannerisms, behavior etc), and he taught me a lot about pleasing a woman, going out and the whole gospel about dating a girl and bed her.

Since he hardly leaves out an opportunity to get a woman into his bed, he can talk from some experience, and I am very grateful - his advice has always helped me.

Bruce

9. LOVEARIAS

LOVEARIAS New Member

My mum only tried to give me the 'birds and the bees' talk after it became obvious that I was having realitions with a guy. I just told her that it was okay and I already knew. Besides I learnt all about it in school anyway.

10. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

no such advice from my mom, but then again....we didn't have the official "birds and bees" talk.

PS Zora, I like your new av.

11. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

Tex, we like your new avatar! You are stunning...

12. InsertHere

InsertHere New Member

I think I got the "birds and the bees" talk from my dad, but I'm not entirely sure. I remember asking "Daddy, what's sex?" while still a toddler, but nothing since then. I learned about it in school.

Interestingly, it's my dad who's convinced that after more than two years, my boyfriend and I don't have sex. I always thought my mom would be the one to freak out, but she's the one who suggested he stay the night the day before I left for college...

And boy, do we ever have sex! (oh god, let me survive just one more month...)

13. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    I grew up in a very conservative home. I (I was almost 11 years) & my one year younger sister were told only the basic facts (by only my mom) on how one gets pregnant. I had been hearing subtle comments from grown-ups that it was a sin to get pregnant before getting married & I remember commenting to my parents (shortly before the 'talk'), " how can one help it?" No intimacy talks or any such thing. Those things were left to my ex-husband & I to figure out. Nothing about oral sex, nothing about homosexaulity, nothing about foreplay, nothing about any kind of play at all, nothing about birth control, & nothing! about pleasure-strictly the 'facts.'

14. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    oh, & I am from the rural south & sorta regrettably returned here 13 years ago.

15. madame_zora

Gold Member

Summertime, your experience was probably not too unusual, I don't know many women who got a good sex ed talk from their mothers. Yeah, sure we figure things out given time, but it's a lot of time wasted, isn't it? I think the best thing we can do is to be more comunicative with our daughters, if we have them, in hopes of less time lost for them.

16. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    Jana, a.k.a. madame zora,
    Yes, Wasted time & I'm close to your age, too. I do talk & give info to my healthcare clients & I'm still finding things out, too. This site sure has helped me in many ways! not just personally.

17. madame_zora

Gold Member

Summertime, this place has been a Godsend to me, truly. I hope it will open your eyes to being yourself as it has for me. The good news is that sex in the 40's for women is something indescribably good, so it's never too late to make use of your newfound knowledge!

18. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    Wow, I think I could learn alot from you. May I private message you? I've been so in the dark for many years.

19. madame_zora

Gold Member

Absolutely! There are a few of us here in the "ladies auxiliary" who talk behind the scenes, I'd love you to join in.

20. naughty

Gold Member

Amen Zora!

Summertime I too grew up in a very conservative family, so dont feel like you are the last dinosaur in the space age! This is such an affirming group of women. I am sure you will feel nurtured and learn a lot in a non threatening environment. Another plus is that the guys just love to answer questions. What more could you ask for ! LOL!

Naughty

Draft saved Draft deleted