Died from a lonely heart?

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Rugbypup, no need to apologise for offending anyone. Rather, I should apologise for offending you.

Rubi, wisely, cautioned that I shouldn't leap to conclusions about your parents. He's right.

Nonetheless, I am a bit bolshie when it comes to the subject of 'rents in general. So many of the people I know with this problem--including me--employ tortuous loops of emotional logic to avoid holding their parents to account for creating a love-deprived, "emotionally harsh" family. Families like that mess with a kid's head and heart, and you're now paying the price, I believe.

Of course, I've made wild assumptions about your situation, and many of them may be wrong. But I have seen this pattern among men and women in the support groups I attend, and frankly, I leapt to a conclusion. It could be wrong. But again, it could be right.

So, I apologise. But only a little.

It's easy to be discouraged in one's search for love. It never happens in a nice, neat way that you can control. Gaydar will not Fedex Mr. Right to your door and install him, and his manufacturer will not guarantee his gentleness on the delicate fabric of your soul. Love might rip you apart. Isn't that exciting? You need to go out and get messy.

I want to thank you, personally, for the tip about Fantabulosa. It looks like a great film, and we can only hope it comes out on DVD. Wikipedia links to a review of the film in The Independent. It says:

"Williams's great tragedy was that he remained, as he viewed it, a moral coward."

You, RP, don't need to be the same.

All my love, HB8