dietary habits

da_blissmachine: I myself am shankit
no whatsoever meat or meat byproducts, meat juices, gelatine products, alcohol, eggs, egg white extrats, insect-related colors or flavors, nothing cooked in alcohol, nothing cooked with same utensils, pots, or stoves as above products, nothing handled by same person with above products without being washed or gloved first.

prepstudinsc: I don't really have any dietary restrictions, however I don't eat a lot of beef. I mainly stick with white meats, like chicken and turkey. I do eat some seafood, but I only eat shellfish, I don't like fish like salmon or tuna.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I've never even heard of most of these. I have none myself. I sometimes fast, though; it's common for Indians to fast on Thanksgiving, for example. But also certain ceremonies require four days' fasting; I can't say any more.

da_blissmachine: we also fast for four days at some times... like after a loved one dies.

its actually pretty much amazing how similar the Indians are to the Indians.
;D

wvalady1968: [quote author=Monstro link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=0#4 date=11/03/03 at 03:41:02]I'm your garden variety vegetarian

[/quote]

:D
I GET it!

prepstudinsc: Duh....I totally missed it. I guess it's time to touch up my blond roots. :D

Tender: well Bliss you forgot, 'other'. ::)

i dont have any dietary restrictions as far as beliefs go,
(except, drinking, smoking ect...)

i avoid drinking straight milk, as it makes me sick.
other milk products im ok with however... ( i know makes no sense...)

anyway, i try to avoid food colors, preservatives ect as much as feesible, i think they are bad.
i rarely allow my kiddos to have kool-aid for example...

Tender

Bliss, im curious, that seems like a pretty rigid diet to follow, how do you eat out?
also is your diet more of a religion thing, or more custom?

da_blissmachine: its very religious

I have to ask a lot of questions

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I don't drink alcoholic beverages, coffee or tea. I eat meat, but sparingly. I don't smoke or use illegal drugs.

I fast one day a month and donate the money I would have spent on those meals to the needy.

That's right, folks, I'm the board's missing Mormon.

Please be kind to an old sinner. ;)

Pecker

pghcyclist: heh -- just started a bodybuilding diet to put on some quality mass. 6 meals+ a day - high protein, low carb. Guess this type of diet doesn't make the poll, huh?

ORCABOMBER: I don't have any special regime, everything goes, methinks.

da_blissmachine: no alcohol here too... caffeine only moderately

no tobacco or drugs, can't touch anyone in the influence

prepstudinsc: [quote author=Pecker link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=0#9 date=11/03/03 at 07:37:05]I don't drink alcoholic beverages, coffee or tea.  I eat meat, but sparingly.  I don't smoke or use illegal drugs.

I fast one day a month and donate the money I would have spent on those meals to the needy.

That's right, folks, I'm the board's missing Mormon.

Please be kind to an old sinner.  ;)

Pecker

[/quote]

Pecker-
I didn't know that you were LDS, or were formerly LDS.
My main professor in college is very active in the church, I almost converted while in college. I've got a lot of good Mormon friends.

prepstudinsc: I don't drink alcohol for a couple of reasons: first, there are a lot of alcoholics in my family, and since it tends to be genetic, I don't want to take the risk. Second, religious reasons. I don't smoke because of religous reasons and also health reasons...it's just not a healthy habit. I don't drink much caffeine because it's not healthy either. I've basically cut it out of my diet completely. Other than the alcohol, it's more for health reasons than anything else.

da_blissmachine: I'll drink caffeine but I don't like coffee, tea is hard to come by, and I don't like soft drinks, too sweet and acidic.

ERG it is annoying being the only person not out drinking on Friday nights here though

awellhungboi: oh, well if we're talking about that kind of stuff . . . as some of you know, I'm a recovering alcoholic, been clean and sober for 7 and a half years. I don't eat food that has alcohol in it, or that has been cooked in alcohol, because even the slight flavor of alcohol could be a trigger for me. And I quit smoking two weeks ago today!

I love coffee, have no plans to give that up.

7x6andchg: And after reading this thread - I feel like the incorrigable reprobate of the board. :-[

Although I don't eat red meat that much - prefer fowl and fish...tastes lighter, and often better.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Congrats on your 7 1/2 years, Peter! Maybe 7 1/2 years from now it'll be 15 clean and sober and 7 1/2 smoke free! Mazel tov!

Pecker

(For the man who has everything.....Penicillin.)

Tender: [quote author=Monstro link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=0#16 date=11/03/03 at 16:06:45]oh, well if we're talking about that kind of stuff . . . as some of you know, I'm a recovering alcoholic, been clean and sober for 7 and a half years.  I don't eat food that has alcohol in it, or that has been cooked in alcohol, because even the slight flavor of alcohol could be a trigger for me.  And I quit smoking two weeks ago today!

I love coffee, have no plans to give that up.

[/quote]

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
:)
Tender