dietary habits

aussiechick63: Good luck with giving up the smokes Monstro. I gave up smoking 15 years ago and could still get the taste I reckon.
You have already had one challenge giving up alcohol.
Congratulations on staying sober for so long.
I applaud your tenacity.

prepstudinsc: [quote author=Monstro link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=0#16 date=11/03/03 at 16:06:45]oh, well if we're talking about that kind of stuff . . . as some of you know, I'm a recovering alcoholic, been clean and sober for 7 and a half years.  I don't eat food that has alcohol in it, or that has been cooked in alcohol, because even the slight flavor of alcohol could be a trigger for me.  And I quit smoking two weeks ago today!

I love coffee, have no plans to give that up.

[/quote]

Pietro--
Congratulations on giving up the smokes! Also, congrats on staying sober this long.....may you have many more clean days ahead. One of my friends has just quit drinking because he decided that it was becoming a problem for him. We're all rallying behind him to support him in what has to be a very difficult decision. Hats off to people who realize that it is a problem and they chose to take a proactive stance and quit.

awellhungboi: Pecker, Tender, Aussie, Prepstud, thank you.  Quitting drinking wasn't easy, but it sure wasn't as hard as I thought it would be either.  I had lots of help and support. All my best to your friend, Prep.  And congrats to you Aussie for kicking the habit because cigs are insidious.  Cravings sneak up at the weirdest times.  But I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Remember the words of Beaudalaire, though: "One should always be drunk: on wine, poetry, or virtue, as you choose."

So eat, drink and be merry, my friends!

dantien: Nice happy Vegan here. I'm so pleased to see so much variety in who we are. We all have this one big thing in common (pun intended) and yet so vastly different in other areas.

da_blissmachine: wow I could never go vegan! it would be
a) too hard to follow
b) unhealthy (i have a disorder whereby I digest fat too quickly
c) against my religion

prepstudinsc: I think vegan would be easier to follow....no animal products or byproducts.

da_blissmachine: dairy products are in everything! even doritos

prepstudinsc: yeah but if you eat food from an organic store, it's cool. We have one here that is sort of hippy central.....chicks who don't shave their arms or legs, men who haven't bathed in days, day old pot smoke trailing behind, and all organic food inside.

da_blissmachine: true true..... since veganism is known in USA and shankit isnt it may be easier to find food

easier on your body I doubt it!

people have been following the shankit dietary processes for longer than.... well... since before anyone outside of the Middle East or India had invented agriculture

veganism did not reach its debut until the last few decades

to tell the truth i really dont understand it

Tender: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=20#26 date=11/03/03 at 19:16:29]dairy products are in everything!  even doritos[/quote]

you can say that again.
my boy was on a glutten casien free diet for 2 years.
pure torture.
i shed a million tears cooking for that.
HATED IT!
then add that you want to limit salts, sugars and artificial coloring, preservatives, and whats left... ???
the poor kid was thin as a stick.
so against docs orders, he now eats FOOD. lol!
and has gained weight.
looks great.

Tender

da_blissmachine: why was he on that diet? what does that accomplish?

prepstudinsc: [quote author=Tender link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=20#29 date=11/03/03 at 19:29:52]

you can say that again.
my boy was on a glutten casien free diet for 2 years.
pure torture.
i shed a million tears cooking for that.
HATED IT!
then add that you want to limit salts, sugars and artificial coloring, preservatives,  and whats left... ???
the poor kid was thin as a stick.
so against docs orders, he now eats FOOD. lol!
and has gained weight.
looks great.

Tender[/quote]

Tender--did they think that he had Celiac Sprue? (or however you spell it?) I know some people who have major food allergies and they have a very hard time eating out because most of what causes the problems is in everything.

da_blissmachine: hmm somehow i don think starving the kid would help

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=20#26 date=11/03/03 at 19:16:29]dairy products are in everything!  even doritos[/quote]
Which totally hoses vegans, Jews (unless they want to go lacto-ovo), and Hindus.

I myself don't eat dairy (lactose intolerance). I also watch my carbohydrate intake (diabetes).

da_blissmachine: [quote author=jonb link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=20#33 date=11/04/03 at 17:56:48]
Which totally hoses vegans, Jews (unless they want to go lacto-ovo), and Hindus.
quote]

actually Hindus are required to drink milk.... it is considered ungrateful to the gift of the cow if we don't

Tender: he was tested for celiac and didnt have it. but the diet is essentially the same.
there has been a link in milk protein and glutten causing autistic characteristics in children.
the childrens hospital took some blood samples, sent them to a lab in florida and said he was highly alergic to milk and glutten.
casien is milk protein. this is somehow turned into a dopamine substance which chemically interacts in a bad way with the brain, thus causing the child to laugh uncontrollably, not sleep, flap their arms, pace, ect...
glutten is found in wheat, rye, oats, barley and some other flours.
it is nearly impossible to eat out or eat anything already made.
i had to make his bread, cookies, pie crust, stuffing, waffles, EVERYTHING.
even vanilla flavoring can have glutten in it.
so if you are stricly following the diet, it is nearly impossible.

Bliss-
the orphange my girls were at only served soy. wonder why?
Tender

aj2181: My only dietary plan is as follows: When I see food I eat it.

I'll eat almost anything. I hate mayonaise. Mayo will make me puke...I hate it.

I eat a lot of italian, chinese, and mexican foods. Love 'em and will never give them up.

7x6andchg: Ok...now I don't feel so bad...I thought I was the only person in the world who hated mayo. I've now had two people in the past week tell me they do too! :)

jackinman: AJ and Paul......mayo is good........you need mayo to make a good Tuna Fish sandwich, mmmmmm yummy. :D :D

aj2181: [quote author=7x6+C link=board=meetgreet;num=1067828245;start=20#37 date=11/08/03 at 05:49:38]Ok...now I don't feel so bad...I thought I was the only person in the world who hated mayo.  I've now had two people in the past week tell me they do too!   :)[/quote]

Really! We need to start the PAMSG (People Against Mayo Support Group)! :D :D :D

And To Jackinman, Mayo and or Tunafish should be outlawed LOL ;)