diff between looks you get at the gym

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dibo, Feb 12, 2010.

1. dibo

dibo New Member

how can u tell if someone is looking at u because they r into you OR just looking at your gym work out ?

2. gituar101

gituar101 New Member

Albums:
    o how i would like to know the answer to this

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

There is a sixth sense that you can develop over time. It's the difference between an appraising look with a clinical undertone as opposed to an appraising look with an undertone of wondering what you look like naked under a waterfall during a full moon. Since you are 99% straight go to a gay bar once or twice and judge the difference between the way someone looks at you across the bar vs. how your doctor looks at you when he is giving you an exam.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I just looked at your gallery. You look interesting...that's why people are looking at you!

5. Chase1600

Chase1600 Member

Like what nudeyorker says.

People make choices; where does the guy, or guys, looking at you make their cut, choice-wize?

If someone is really interested in workout technique, wouldn’t they watch anyone who has a good or interesting technique – regardless of whether the person is good looking; and doing it [checking workout technique], wouldn’t they then be applying what they observed to their own work out routine.

In other words, the truth would be in what they do with the observation.

If someone is interested in your bod, wouldn’t they continue to sneak peaks whereever you are, working out or not? Maybe they’d be sneaking peaks at other good looking dudes.

#5 Chase1600, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  6. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

wish I had that sixth sense

a guy wearing his cap stupidly (i.e., with the bill facing out from the back of the head), with the pudgy body that I associate with straight guys, and with a careless assemblage of gym clothes, all aspects that I associate with straight guys, gives me s friendly nod at the gym, then gives me a pained look later when I fail to return his attention at other occasions, I find out is actually gay (I found his profile at a local gay website)

I bicep curl two hundred pounds, and suddenly two early twenties dudes with thin, lightweight builds (obvious beginners, in other words) suddenly pay attention to me, where before they had not, are obviously (as beginners) impressed by that aspect of my workout, but again, I can't tell if they are gay or straight

then, there's the odd couple -- odd because of the differences between them in terms of age, size, height, and ethnicity ... something about that suggests not a platonic relationship, and they are watching me while I perform routine, unimpressive parts of my workout, and the conclusion is that they are obviously gay (but, again, given my track record, I could be wrong)

7. larocca

larocca New Member

Albums:
    I really can't tell a difference. There are guys that say hi to you but fail to look at you ever again, and then there are those that stare from time to time, but never do anything either. It's an enigma for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted