Differences in American Gym Locker rooms

Island Club Guy CT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
South African gyms are very large & modern , strangely even more modern than the UK & Argentine gyms have been to. Virgin Active is top brand , with luxurios facilities, Flat Screen Tv's, Sensation Showers,Stall Showers,hundreds of lockers ; male locker attendant ; sauna ; steam room & spa.' Attendant doubles up as security due to high rate of locker theft'

Reactions: hugehungcanadian

Dynmk

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have noticed that the locker rooms in Europe are more laid back than in the US. So are the people. Here, you get guys who do towel dances and refuse to be naked or seen that way. The majority of them won't shower at the gym either if there aren't individual showers. In Europe...France, Germany and up into Sweden and Norway, it was more common. Guys were comfortable naked. They talked openly and were comfortable, even if they weren't big. The only thing that was weird, and it happened in Germany, I put on a jockstrap before dressing out for the track and equipment. It's as if NOBODY there had seen one before! I later found out that they are sold in sex shops and everyone thought it was funny more than anything.

Reactions: hugehungcanadian
S

SirConcis

French locker rooms smell like french Camembert cheese. (that is due to the uncut frenchmen retracting their foreksin and letting a whiff of cheesy smell escape from under their foreksin :) :) :) :) :)

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Czech locker rooms are open usually so you get to see everyone around you. The showers are all open as well - at least in most gyms. There are small neighborhood gyms with only two shower stalls for example. Most gyms also have a cleaning lady who is always there making sure the floors are dry etc. She is always squeegeeing the floor directly outside the showers so you don't slip. It was strange at first to be naked with this lady always there but Czech guys don't care.... so why should I?

I forgot to add that inside the actual workout area guys, for some very strange reason, wear flip flops or those shower sandals and no socks. Wearing tennis shoes might not protect your feet from a falling weight, but it's strange to see that when in a US gym I don't think you'd ever see it - someone would probably tell the guy he had to wear shoes.

Last edited:

jeffs

Sexy Member
Media
French locker rooms smell like french Camembert cheese. (that is due to the uncut frenchmen retracting their foreksin and letting a whiff of cheesy smell escape from under their foreksin :) :) :) :) :)

Is that supposed to be funny or something? :tdown:

GeorgiaRick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In Islamic-dominated countries men are never naked in the locker room. They remove or put on underwear with a towel wrapped around them. No open showers. Swimsuits are closely-wrapped towels in steam or sauna.

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Japanese locker/changing rooms also have the infamous 70-year-old cleaning woman. (They must be scheming with the Czechs.) I'd love to see the look on everybody's faces if the cleaning lady appeared one day and was some sensual 24-year-old instead. :biggrin1: In talking to friends, I think most younger people ignore them or feel slightly uncomfortable, but it makes the older generations feel at home, as if their wives were there picking up after them.
There is a LOT more personal hygiene that goes on in Japanese locker rooms (especially at a public bath/hot spring locker rooms), like ear cleaning, shaving, nail clipping, etc.
Since the Japanese are all naked around each other since birth and childhood, there is little to no "naked = sexual turn-on" mentality that seems to be more prevalent in the U.S. It's no big deal to go out drinking with your buddies from work, then all end up in naked a bath together by the end of the night - nothing sexual about it at all. Whether it be in the locker room or in the bath, being naked is a time when they can let their guard down a bit and not have to follow the strict behavioral norms expected of a rigidly hierarchical culture/society.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In Switzerland is much like in the Czech Republic: men naked in the locker room and in the shower area and the cleaning lady running around. Now, it happens that one of the cleaning ladies is the "superintendant" of the estate where I have my townhouse so I am a bit embarrassed.

gaston28

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have found living in the UK that a lot of the guys wear these white canvas shoes to the gym, not proper trainers/running shoes. Also guys will rugby socks pulled up to their knees when lifting. The locker room is very much get in and get out

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The thing that i notice in western Europe & Latin America vs the USA is the size of the locker area and amenities. Most gyms i have been to abroad feature a concrete floor, lockers, a few toilets and a shower room. I have been to gyms in the US where the 'locker room' was a bit over the top...major square footage with carpeting, grip tile in the wet area, flat screen TVs, vanity mirrors galore, built in hair dryers, etc. Go figure.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The gym facilities in the Czech Republic don't have the amenities package someone mentioned. Most of the places are basic. A cheap carpet throughout, usually old equipment with torn seats etc and they usually smell like BO big time. Only a few of the newer places - those with parent companies in the US or Australia for example, have been equipment, more amenities and no odor. Those are usually where you find the upper management types. If you want to local boys bear with the smell and you'll see very fine specimens!!

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't remember any significant difference between the locker room in the Czech Republic I was in versus the ones here in the United States. Of course, maybe I'm paying less attention to the locker room and more attention to the gym itself.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gym lockerrooms are all over the place in Canada, literally and figuratively. I've been in ones that are all open and ones that are really private. Usually, though, they're mostly open with a couple of private stalls for guys with miniscule peeners. ;-)

That being said, there's a big mix when it comes to who changes with a towel on, who showers with a bathing suit on, who goes butt-naked. Though most guys just get naked.

DadDic

Experimental Member
Media
Most gyms in paris have a seperate salle de repos,A quiet dark room with cots to rest after your workout or sauna,lots of activity in there needless to say