Different experience of orgasms.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I figured you were referring to that fact that the vast majority of men orgasm during every sexual encounter, whereas many women don't always get there (my wife included). All men are also individuals yet we seem to more often reach a similar conclusion during sex....the orgasm.

I thinks it's an interesting question LordP.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you mean that physically, emotionally, psychologically etc? or a jumble mix n match of all things?

All of those things.

What's more my own experience of my own orgasms is different from one time to the next. It's never as simple as a rating from zero to ten. Not only do I have different stimulus zones that can trigger my orgasms (Clit/vaginal/cervical/g-spot/labial/anal/mental), but an orgasm triggered in the exact same manner as it was triggered the day before can feel remarkably different than it did the last time. It could be a feeling of slow shuddering melting or I could feel it as a sudden explosion of released pressure. Those are only two of many possible ways that I have experienced an orgasm. And I'm just one woman.

Now take the fact that there are endless women, each with attitudes, thoughts, moods, energy levels and hormones all in flux. .

Think of a woman's orgasm as the unfrigid snowflake.
No two will ever be identical.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Why is the sky blue?

Gillette's right. We are who we are. Some of us can't orgasm, some experience clitoral orgasms only, some vaginal only, some can experience cervical, some all three, some orgasm from nipple play, etc. I think a woman's sexuality and body is often more, well, nuanced, than a man's. Hidden places to discover, varied sensations. It's one of the wonderful things about being a woman. Always more treasure to be found.

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
Why is the sky blue?

Gillette's right. We are who we are. Some of us can't orgasm, some experience clitoral orgasms only, some vaginal only, some can experience cervical, some all three, some orgasm from nipple play, etc. I think a woman's sexuality and body is often more, well, nuanced, than a man's. Hidden places to discover, varied sensations. It's one of the wonderful things about being a woman. Always more treasure to be found.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Well done!

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think it's a very interesting question too. I've heard this about the female orgasm my whole life...there are millions of different ways it can feel, but mostly I think us guys' orgasm feels the same way, from guy to guy and from time to time. Now, there are subtle differences now & then....I'm not sure it's enough of a difference in the overall outcome, for males.

I figured you were referring to that fact that the vast majority of men orgasm during every sexual encounter, whereas many women don't always get there (my wife included). All men are also individuals yet we seem to more often reach a similar conclusion during sex....the orgasm.

I thinks it's an interesting question LordP.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
but mostly I think us guys' orgasm feels the same way, from guy to guy and from time to time.
I can personally certify this as dead wrong.

Men's reactions are simple, women's are complex. This is a mere cliche.

Men's obvious reactions are so obvious that it's easy to conclude that they're the only reactions. It's like finding nuggets of gold in a stream bed. Those imply a rich vein of ore somewhere upstream, but most treasure-hunters just grab what's on the surface and dash off to cash in. The vein remains mostly untapped.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's a very interesting question too. I've heard this about the female orgasm my whole life...there are millions of different ways it can feel, but mostly I think us guys' orgasm feels the same way, from guy to guy and from time to time. Now, there are subtle differences now & then....I'm not sure it's enough of a difference in the overall outcome, for males.

Surely there must be.

I've had reports of it being felt in different ways by men. Pinky fingers tingling from oral, feeling like the top of their head was blowing off, thighs going numb, sometimes being able to continue stroking throughout orgasm sometimes paralysis as the orgasm grabs 'em by the spine.

There must be more to it than just a scale of intensity for you guys.
Mustn't there?

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
When you see Cytherea orgasm, she seems SO different to the average
woman.

I think that it's genetics and where all the nerve endings that trigger the orgasms are concentrated that create the main difference.

Otherwise I think that it is down to learning about their bodies.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Surely there must be.

I've had reports of it being felt in different ways by men. Pinky fingers tingling from oral, feeling like the top of their head was blowing off, thighs going numb, sometimes being able to continue stroking throughout orgasm sometimes paralysis as the orgasm grabs 'em by the spine.

There must be more to it than just a scale of intensity for you guys.
Mustn't there?

These are all true and valid ways that we feel orgasms, so your men were giving you good reporting. There's the toe-curling GUSH across the room that totally rocks your world, and then the more mundane squirt doesn't leave you panting with that 'fucked senseless' feeling. I guess both technically are "orgasms", but the similarity is in name only.

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
From my experience, there tends to be more variability in the number of areas in women that produce orgasms. With current FWB, I can hit eight or nine distinct spots internally that produce orgasm, and depending on the timing can help to make them occur sequentially or simultaneously. The results tend to then be more varied.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
a mix of physical & psychological.

physically, it's a lot harder to cum since my second child...but at almost 11lb it's not surprising.

psychologically, it's a lot harder sice certain memories resurfaced.

but some women just O very easily...it'd be interesting to study if the ease of orgasm is hereditory.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not only do I have different stimulus zones that can trigger my orgasms (Clit/vaginal/cervical/g-spot/labial/anal/mental), but an orgasm triggered in the exact same manner as it was triggered the day before can feel remarkably different than it did the last time.
i've only one part of me that triggers orgasms...my clit.
i can't even get the build up from anything else, let alone push over the adge.

and most of my orgasms are exactly the same.
sometimes they're a lot weaker, if my mind is in the wrong place...but it's never the brain melting, toe curling O i've heard described.

i wouldn't even describe them as hugely pleasurable. they just seem to release a buildup of tension, internal pressure.

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Perfect answer. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Why is the sky blue?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gillette has quite eloquently hit the nail on the head. I was thinking of the snowflake analogy as I read the OP. My orgasms vary in intensity, duration, and emotional after effects. I have had orgasms that made me weep (and no I was not in pain). Sometimes my climax leaves me so drained I feel like a worn out dish rag, sometimes it makes me hungry. I have sent men out to Taco Bell at 3:00 AM because it was the only thing open and I was ravenous. Sometimes my orgasm is so intense my entire body visibly trembles, other times it's like an internal petite mal seizure. I find that the older I get and the more open I am to new experiences the more varied my orgasms become. But that's just me, every woman is different.

All of those things.

What's more my own experience of my own orgasms is different from one time to the next. It's never as simple as a rating from zero to ten. Not only do I have different stimulus zones that can trigger my orgasms (Clit/vaginal/cervical/g-spot/labial/anal/mental), but an orgasm triggered in the exact same manner as it was triggered the day before can feel remarkably different than it did the last time. It could be a feeling of slow shuddering melting or I could feel it as a sudden explosion of released pressure. Those are only two of many possible ways that I have experienced an orgasm. And I'm just one woman.

Now take the fact that there are endless women, each with attitudes, thoughts, moods, energy levels and hormones all in flux. .

Think of a woman's orgasm as the unfrigid snowflake.
No two will ever be identical.