Different races, different scent?

eyescream

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not into choosing a guy I date according to his race. But I noticed that guys of different races smell differently and I don't go for some of these smells as much as I do go for others.

Have anyone else noticed this? I know that colour is only skin deep...but is it really? Different races equals different scents, and even different tastes.

Those who have dated people of different races, have you noticed that it's almost like there are scents according to the different races? I'd like to hear some of your take on this, especially those with experience.:redface:

A

AM_092

Yeah, I think our scents are affected by the sort of food we eat/their lifestyle (which our culture and ethnicity could play a major factor).

On another note, I'm asian and I think asians sweat less (or at least it takes a lot more physical activity/heat to cause us to sweat).

D_Helmer Heighballs

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah, I think our scents are affected by the sort of food we eat/their lifestyle (which our culture and ethnicity could play a major factor).

On another note, I'm asian and I think asians sweat less (or at least it takes a lot more physical activity/heat to cause us to sweat).

i can second this being asian, and every1 i have been with says they dont mind me being sweaty, they say its a pleasant smell. n yep i think it also depends on how a person treats their body, i treat mine well, i give it time when it needs me to and in return it gives me a good smell, little body hair, and good proportions.
some of that may be genetic though.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was just watching the first episode of Roots, where Kunta Kinte is told by an elder to beware of the white men, who "smell of wet chicken, and the scent lingers after they have passed".

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
Those who have dated people of different races, have you noticed that it's almost like there are scents according to the different races? I'd like to hear some of your take on this, especially those with experience.:redface:

What we eat has a lot to do with it, but there’s more, obviously. Men and women smell differently even if they live in the same family and presumably eat all the same stuff.

For me, the smell of a person has a lot to do with my sexual response. Sometimes it is their aroma that attracts me. When that happens I think I am being reminded of someone else who was attractive sexually. Sometimes I become attracted to someone and then their aroma comes to be attractive.

I have had lovers of different races and even when our diet can’t possibly be very different, I think the sexual smell of the person is different.

mark115

Cherished Member
Media
My ex gf hates it when I wear cologne/perfume. she says it takes away my scent. i don't even know that I have a scent. but i guess it attracted her.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
During the Viet nam war, soldiers who needed to go through the jungle undetected would eat all locally prepared food so that they couldn't be smelled by the enemy. It's all very true. We are (smell like ) what we eat.

greenray

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Apocrine glands are what give people the strong (BO) smell when they sweat. The main difference is that people who have East Asian and Northeast Asian heritage (and this includes a lot of North American native peoples) have fewer, inactive or no apocrine glands (Koreans having the least.) That's why - the only reason why - almost all Koreans and Japanese, the vast majority of Chinese, and many others don't need to use deodorants.

Having said that, other factors such as diet, overall health, amount of body hair, age, mood and hygiene affect one's natural body odor, but it is the presence or absence of apocrine glands that makes the biggest difference amongst the various so-called races in this respect.

Last edited:

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not race related but still on topic, i was watching a 'human instincts' tv show and they done an experiment with different scents.

They had one male and about six females, the male had to smell six jars which had the natural scent of each female. The male then ordered these jars from 'most pleasant' to 'least pleasant' in terms of smell.

The idea behind the experiment was to prove that the most pleasing scented female [chemically attractive] would have a wider variation of different genes than that of the male, meaning that the male and females broad variation of genes would pass onto their offspring giving it 'better genes'.

The experiment did go to plan, every single scented jar was in order, meaning that the most pleasing smell had the most variations in genes, which continuted towards the last jar where there was the least diference in gene variation and was deemed the less attractive smell.

So scent does play its role......

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

+1 on that, my gf barely ever sweats, some of also may be due to her body being used to hotter weather.

On the flip side, Michael Chang used to sweat like a banker in front of Congress.

I agree entirely. Scent is a big turn on - and I find, even some people of the same race I cannot stand the scent of. A little cologne never did any harm - and a little deodrant can be needed depending on sweat glands, and the ammount of armpit hair - but aside from that, it is nice to smell a scent your inner animal likes very much!

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It isn't pc but there is some scientific evidence that different genetic groups have different odours. Diet contributes to this. During WWII the French resistence would sniff British agents air dropped for the scent of Lifebouy soap to check that they were British.

Even today British people will claim the French and Spanish smell of garlic. In truth Brits consume more garlic than other Europeans these days. Continetals used to accuse the English of smelling of cabbage. I would go as far to say, from personal observation, that families can share a particular body odour, pleasant or not, which makes m believe it is genetic. No insult intended but I have often found that North Americans have a very slight fragrance of formaldehyde! A rose by any other name .....

TroMag

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Womens' olfactory sense is better than mens' at detecting another person's scent. I've had quite a few women comment about my scent. On the flipside, to me, all women smell good. Unless they smoke.

B_howbigeh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to work in a sulfur plant.. that stuff gets on your skin, goes through your pores, and you get it in your bloodstream (not good!!)

when I sweat, I would smell like sulfur/rotten eggs, it wasnt pleasant.

same thing how pakis always smell like curry.. its their sweat/body odour

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wtf wet chicken lol what does a wet chicken even smell like to begin with?:rolleyes:

Get one wet and find out!

Different ethnic groups have different amounts of sweat glands, it's true. I have heard it's considered strange in japan to have sweaty armpits and there are surgical removals of the sweat glands there sometimes. My ex used to sweat freely but it was mainly his forehead. Being mostly Finn I sweat all over quite readily, not just in certain spots. It's only where the sweat accumulates and goes stale that it starts to smell, such as armpits.

Other than that, diet is the main thing, as previously stated.