Different size survey?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chrysler fanatic, Oct 1, 2006.

1. chrysler fanatic

Hi all. I'm new. Never thought I was very big before until now. Thanks.

I think the reason is the appearance of my physical stature. I viewed some photos and saw guys with cocks that looked enormous, only to find out that my own is just as big as many. Then I realized that alot of you look much more slimly built than I. So I took some measurements and found it interesting. Please follow suit if you think so too.

1) I am 6ft tall, 215lbs.
    2) My penis is 7" long erect and just over 5 inches around
    3) My back, shoulder to shoulder measures 22.5" wide
    4) My hips measure 17 inches wide
    5) My thighs are muscled from years of working on ladders, and measure 9inches wide each.

What I have now begun to realize is that my penis, however large, appears dwarfed by my "imposing" features around the rest of my body, and has caused me years of naive shame. When put on a slimmer build of man, it would be quite alot to look at. And maybe the girls I've been with weren't just being nice. ( I'm not kidding, to me standing in front of a mirror it LOOKS small).

So, Measure those areas, and lets see if I'm just crazy. I want to know if anyone feels inadequate just based on body proportion.

And women (or gay guys): Does a large penis lose its visual apeal when placed on a large man, or when you look at the dick, are you just focused on the size of the dick. If you saw two pictures of naked men with the exact penile dimensions, one with my build and one who was quite slimmer, which would you be most attracted to at first glance? Why?

Be honest, and like I said I'm new. So if this has already been discussed, please disregard it.

2. transformer_99

Gold Member

Measurements 3,4 & 5, aren't normal ways to measure. Measuring shoulders ? It's more like chest girth (normal and expanded) or even reach. Hips ? The closest I could rationalize this to be is your waist girth. And thighs, once again that's a girth measurement.

Here post dimensions like you would if you were a boxer.

http://www.ibhof.com/ibhftape.htm

Me:
    [SIZE=-1] Height 5'11"
    Weight 195 lbs (range is 185-203 lbs)
    Reach ? (long sleeve dress shirts are 34/35 and are 1/2 way thru the top of my fist/palm of my hand, so it's probably more like wing span of both arms when you see 68-74" on that chart.)
    Chest/Norm. 44"
    Chest/Exp. 46"
    Waist 34"
    Biceps 15 1/2"
    Neck 16 1/2"
    Wrist 7 1/4"
    Calf 15 1/2"
    Ankle 10 1/2"
    Thigh 22 1/2"
    Fist 12 3/4"
    Forearm 13 1/2"

Yes, I'm an athletic build (body type), not a body builder per se, but at one point lifted weights religiously for a few years and coasted on that hard work ever since. Also, a genetically inherited fast metabolism and watching diet/food consumption keeps me in relatively decent shape. I didn't realize it, like yourself, but I compare very favorably in stature to some of these boxers. I don't fool myself into believing that I possess any of the skills they do. They are in far better condition when these measurements were taken, but in my defense, I'm not a flabby slob either, no sixpack though. I am what I am physically at this point, so there's no inadequacy in that regard.
    [/SIZE]

3. chrysler fanatic

Well, I'm not a boxer. And the measurements are normal for this thread hence the word "different" in the title. I'm asking about a two-dimensional image someone sees in the mirror or a photo. I obviously cannot guess someones thigh girth by looking at a photograph! Therefore, standing in front of the mirror to simulate a photo, measure the parts from where your outline would be if you were an illustration. The point is PERCEPTION, not clinical accuracy. I've read some threads and believe that this is the most simple method to determine a persons perception of themselves and those they are attracted to. I can't see the the back of my thighs in the mirror. Can you? And we view ourselves in the mirror, literally and many times figuratively. Read the original post more closely.

Is this a little too far beyond the point of this site? Like I said I'm new, and don't want to get too thoughtful for everyone.

But if you must know, I am no fat slob either. I have a bit of a belly due to working with my hands and legs, and not working out other than my job.

neck 17 1/2"
    chest norm 45 1/2"
    chest exp 48"
    bicep 16"
    forearm 13"
    fist 13 1/2"
    thigh 25 1/2"
    calf 19"
    ankle 12 1/4"
    waist 36"

It still is not the point I'm trying to make. (And men have hips too, don't you watch westerns? lol)

4. transformer_99

Gold Member

I'm not a boxer either, but even a mirror's reflection or a photograph displays 3-d depth in relation to other objects in the frame of reference. Providing your measurements in relation to another's in terms of 3-d body parts gives a clearer mental picture, a 9" wide thigh, flat 2-d, is about an inch or so wider than mine. Accuracy becomes an issue, whereas a piece of string conforming to the body part, measured back on a yardstick, gets tighter +/- tolerances in terms of measurement error. The shoulder to shoulder measurement is also about an inch and a half narrower than a bathroom door, then again, some bedroom doors are about 30 inches wide. so a door that has +/- 6 inches of width 2-d leaves a lot of ambiguity. So without other objects as a frame of reference, it's hard to say without knowing what that dimension really is ?

The clinical measurement is also the perception, it's how others perceive you, it's how you should perceive yourself. I see another person's face, the nose and eye sockets give it depth, so does the jaw and cheekbones, same with the slope of the forehead and brow over your eyes.

5. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Without going into all the hard to visualize details, of course dicks look smaller on bigger guys. That's what Howard Stern is always going on about.

6. bigsausage

bigsausage New Member

7. Aloha!

Aloha! New Member

Actually, Transformer, to get proper depth, or a perception of it, you need stereo optics (eg. Your eyes, two camera seperated by a few degrees, &c.) I know that sometimes I actually have trouble driving because my brain doesn't put together the two images from my eyes correctly, resulting in poor depth perception.

Just so you know what I mean, close one eye and focus on something about 10' in front of you so that you can just barely see something behind that object. Now, close that eye and open the other; you have just experienced 0 depth perception and know the seperation between the eyes. Most people have to close one eye to do that. I don't. I can switch which eye I use conciously, thus giving me poor depth perception, but a neat party trick.

There IS however, pseudo-depth perception, which is your brain estimating depth and distance using landmarks of a known (or approximated) size. This is normally not apparent, except when you lose these landmarks (most notable of which is trees). When you lose these landmarks you cannot judge distance over a large span. In the arctic, you may think a hill is only a kilometre away, but it is, in fact, a much larger hill 10, or even 20 kilometres away.

The brain is very good at what it does, but it's not perfect.

Chrysler's measurements, while unusual (and therefore, heretic), are still quite valid...assuming he took into account the fact that he (in all likelyhood) isn't flat, and thus the measurements would be skewed...

There, that's my rant for the day.

8. transformer_99

Gold Member

Well, now you can perceptively compare yourself to some of those other guys, in terms of those dimensions. No offense intended, but with some of those dimensions, you have body parts that @ 6', 215 lbs, even taller and larger men don't have.

I would say the average female being what they are dimensionally don't know what they're talking about in regards to size of any body part of yours if the analysis comes in as small. Across the board, those women go shopping for your clothes, I'd be very surprised if they came back with anything less than an XL size. Most women would have to climb on you and like a tree, the limbs are going to be differing lengths and sizes.

Head on over to a gentlemen's club, those girl's aren't much more than 5'-5'4" tall, but some range from petite to heffer. And observe the average size of the clientelle there too. There are going to be some that approximate your height or more, other's lucky to be 4-6" shorter than you. Take any bar setting or large gathering for that matter, you'll find similar sizes and shapes of human beings.

9. transformer_99

Gold Member

I agree with you on a lot of that, but there are going to be instances where the mind is dead on accurate or close enough that the difference in perception of size is irrelevant. When a woman is 5'4" and 120 lbs, sititng in the lap of a 6' 215 lber with those body part dimensions, the woman is dwarfed by those body parts. He's spotting her 8 inches in height and 100 lbs alone, not to mention all the other real dimensions. At 25 1/2 inches for a single thigh, that's going to be pretty much her waist measurement. That's not an optical illusion, it's reality and will be evident when both body parts are side by side. When both are having sex, even if she's 36x24x36, her bust is close to 10" in girth less, her waist is 12" less and her @ss is the only thing that's going to come close to approximating his lower torso. 36x24x36 is curvy and voluptuous, beyond that and it starts to just get progressively a bubble butt. Women are hour glass shaped and men are inverted triangles. Women need that for child birthing. The average woman is going to be small in comparison to his stature.

10. chrysler fanatic

The point of the measurements was to give everyone a frame of reference. I did not want to simply say that I am a bear of a man. And I didn't take bathroom doors into account, Transformer, because I don't care about the background. And you're wrong, a photo is a 2-D representation of 3-D and it has depth only because of light and shadow. Your brain tells you its 3-D because it knows that already.

But none of this was the point anyway. I had an awakening when I came to this site and was trying to explain why. But I read the responses and roll with laughter about how technical the conversation turned.

The human mind is an amazing and powerful thing. And perception is not based on clinical accuracy. If it was, my mother wouldn't have told me that the TV would make my eyeballs atrophy.

11. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

I know exactly what you mean, being that I am 6-2 and 300lbs (strength athlete/bodybuilder). I am 6" flaccid and 8" erect and 7" circ/girth, but it looks like a cocktail weiner in comparison to my body.

...OB

Draft saved Draft deleted