Digital T.V.?? Er...Not Yet!

heyman111

Just Browsing
Media
I swear. It's now to the point where it is annoying. Just change it already - the sooner they change it, the quicker the problems are over.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:blindfold:Oh no! There switching to digital....:shock:

Maybe the 5 million households or whatever don't even watch tv. I wonder how they even know these numbers!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The problem i have with it is the notion that a vast majority of viewers who are ready for the conversion are waiting around for a small number of those who a) probably could've gotten the means to receive the signals by now but just haven't bothered to b) holdouts who don't plan on making the switch, or c) those who think along the lines of "i can live in a flood zone and not need flood insurance" and "ahh...my t.v. will still work without it."

Some just have to take the plunge, and some have to be forced to. The longer the conversion is held up and delayed, the less incentive broadcasters, cable companies, etc. have to deliver higher grade signals and improve services.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
last fall the FCC had an early conversion to digital in Wilmington (NC?). It was an eye opener to everyone. A large number of "digital-ready" viewers could not receive the signals and therefore no longer received TV. Google it if you want to know more about the conversion and its problems.