Dildo Question

D_Harry Bacque

Just Browsing
Media
I recently bought a dildo for the first time, and either I'm going crazy or the smell of the dildo is very strong and kind of noticable at times in the room. I keep it wrapped in a towel, inside a drawer in my dresser. Occasionally I think I smell the latex or whatever it is. So, am I freak or is this something other toy owners have noticed when first buying one?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some of them smell terrible! I hate that! The smell will lessen, but some will always have a chemical smell if you put it up to your face. I just bought a toy a few weeks ago that smelled so awful I couldn't stand it. Now it smells better.

Not all of them smell bad. It just depends on the toy. Some toys they give a scent, like berries or something else sweet or pleasant. I like that, as long as it's not too strong.

bigcs

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, and there is nothing more annoying - hence why i like my old favourites...

To get rid of the smell - wash it. Get some gentle hand soap, some warm water and give that didlo a fantastic hand job, remember the base and balls to ... if you can then leave it out to air dry, that helps... depending on the type of material the dildo is made out of it make take ages to get rid of the smell. (you will notice that the towel it has been wrapped in will smell and it is time for a wash - try leaving it in the draw not wrapped in anything and not touching anything)

If it still smells, get some bicarbonate soda and mix it into the soap and wash it several times, then rinse really really well, you don't want bicarb inside you.

The best material to get in a dildo is silcon, it really does not smell and feels great inside :biggrin1:

Hope that helps.... I always up for giving advice on fun things :rolleyes:

D_Harry Bacque

Just Browsing
Media
Interesting, glad to know I'm not crazy. It doesn't smell bad per say, I think it is actually scented but I can't quite pin what the scent is. Anyway, my bf wasn't noticing the smell and I was, that's what was making me go a little crazy.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a cyberskin that smells horrible that I've never been able to get rid of the smell. I keep it wrapped up so everything doesn't smell like it. I have 2 silicone toys and they have no smell, and a gel one that smells sweet that I don't really mind. Just wash it and leave it out to dry like the others said.