Dirty Secret About My Voting Habits!

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I appreciate the OP's honesty in revealing how he votes. It seems there are many people who vote for arbitrary reasons. The truth is, once someone steps to the private space to vote, they can choose whatever reason they want.

In the spirit of the OP's honesty, I reveal my own quirky voting habit. Often when I have voted, in addition to the main contests, there are many smaller contests with candidates that I know nothing about--when I'm faced with candidates that I am unfamiliar with, I always vote for whoever is democrat and female. I try to vote for people who I think represent groups that are less represented in government. Otherwise, when informed, I make informed decisions.

Altitude

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If that were the case I think Mitt Romney would've garnered the Republican nomination by a landslide. Fortunately, most people at least take a cursory glance at someone's qualifications outside their appearance. Unfortunately, a cursory glance is usually all they actually take.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This is probably the reason Bush 'won' Florida in 2000. The fact that he was a little bit cuter the Gore, could be the only reason that anyone would have voted for that spoiled frat boy.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is probably the reason Bush 'won' Florida in 2000. The fact that he was a little bit cuter the Gore, could be the only reason that anyone would have voted for that spoiled frat boy.

Actually I think Gore is much cuter than Bush! But who isn't? If the candidates are equally ugly THEN I will look at policies. I would never vote for a politician I felt was homophobic even if he were an adonis. My point is a little tongue in cheek & Im exaggerating a tad just to push the point. Ive never actually voted for any politician I fancy because, frankly, there aren't any! But I am definitely swayed by looks & presentation far more than I should be. I think millions of others are too.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its not so much stupid but shallow. It allows the person who makes that kind of remark to avoid making a decision by thinking.

Its about as bad as "My father was a Republican, and that's good enough for me."

wow . that was 100% pure concentrated knowledge - and wisdom.

but how bout the "id have a beer with him so id vote for him"

"or , im not voting for him because of his name"

" or im voting for him because he was a POW "

" or im voting for him because he's black "

maybe if gabrielle union ran for president , then maybe vote for her , but as long as its wrinkly old white men , i dont think the apparent eye test is gonna work for me