Discrimination Against Younger Guys

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been rejected just from chatting with people for being over 40 :frown1:
especially in chat lately :cool:

Really? Guys? Girls? Thats just weird. I seem to attract every horny guy under 25 on the planet when I say I'm over 40. Maybe count your blessings :smile:

I was told by an 18 year old to get off the site because I was an old troll. I just smiled to myself, and told him I wished him well, and hoped that he lived a long life. The demand that I leave the site was the opening comment on the chat request. I hadn't said a thing to him or in the room.
With age comes maturity. It also brings a much higher "give a shit" tolerance level.

You seem like a sweet guy, sorry people are jerks

You know better than that!

No-one talks to me in chat, NO-ONE!!, I tell a lie, a chatter sent me a whisper i think its called telling me to take my pics down in my gallery as they were awful!! LOL

NO-ONE? I dont believe that. Though I don't think I've seen you in chat, maybe ever? I find that hard to believe!:smile:

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I was told by an 18 year old to get off the site because I was an old troll. I just smiled to myself, and told him I wished him well, and hoped that he lived a long life. The demand that I leave the site was the opening comment on the chat request. I hadn't said a thing to him or in the room.
With age comes maturity. It also brings a much higher "give a shit" tolerance level.
Dick, in time that 18 year old will learn. In this day and age many of the youth(not all)have no respect for anything or anyone.I remember when i was 18,i though 30 was old.When i was 30 i realized how imature i was at 18.When i was 18 i thought 40 was ancient.When i turned 40 i thought like a 20 year old and thought 40 was still pretty young.Now at 52, 40 year olds look really good to me, and alot of men my age are still pretty hot.That's how i see it.My post is getting a little long in the tooth,pun intended.Oh and to that 18 year old,father time makes no acceptions..I'm just sayin....:smile:

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hah! Even 40 yr olds seem immature to me now!

But I'd chat to a youngster so long as they didn't use the words "bored" or "daddy". If I say "Fine thanks, how are you?" and they say "bored" or even "bored, lol" I just think well I'm not here to entertain you...

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you certain that you have been discriminated against in Chat for being: too young, too old, black, white, non-English speaker, etc... ? Or was it because you appear to be an egotistical jerk? And, therefore a bore to chat with?... Think about it.

D_Shermie Shtoinkle

Experimental Member
Media
I think discrimination is not the right word to use, we all have preferences don't we?? If someone who is 22 does not wanna chat to me because I am 32, well that's their problem, but I don't feel discriminated. When your out in a club or a pub exactly the same thing happens as it does here in the virtual world, we speak to the people we like to speak to and that's about it.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't discriminate. There are few reasons why I would decline a private chat or stopping chatting with someone altogether:

-Being asked to rate someone's genitals.
-SPH
-I'm already having a conversation with someone.

Otherwise I like chatting with everyone, older or younger. Then again, I'm not here for a hookup or anything so perhaps it's different for those who are.

@seedickrun - Thank goodness the "give a shit" factor reduces dramatically with maturity. I'm not quite at the stage where I'd ignore it, I'm still immature enough to play with them, their mouse to my cat if you will. If you ever find another mouse, send them my way. :smile:

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think discrimination is not the right word to use, we all have preferences don't we?? If someone who is 22 does not wanna chat to me because I am 32, well that's their problem, but I don't feel discriminated. When your out in a club or a pub exactly the same thing happens as it does here in the virtual world, we speak to the people we like to speak to and that's about it.

Well said.....
Although I am nowhere near the age of the 20 crowd, I am actually not here for hooking up
outside this site. I am here to enjoy the open banter with all sorts of people, enjoy their pics and vids, learn something from them, and speak my mind without being ridiculed or
looked down upon for being a BI. Being a BI is no fun in the real world, for most either
don't believe there is such a thing and feel you afre just a closet gay, or refuse to accept
it, or respect it. Therefore, for me, I have no problem with ages, genders, orientations, or
physical attributes. A lot of the times, the inside is better than the outside and you might just be turning away something very special.

I live a completely straight life in the real world, and so I am here to satisfy that BI part of
me that is closeted. It is the freedom of being incognito here at lpsg, that allows me to
post my opinions, experiences, and thoughts about body parts, that I don't have in my day to day live. I enjoy chatting and PMing with all kinds of people, and age isn't considered. Heck, I will never be older than 18 inside, so if that bothers anyone that I am "younger" than they, then that is their problem.

I have only once or twice been rejected here, and one was on the chat area. After he
asked to go private, we did. Then after a couple of days of long conversations, he said he
was married and that he had decided he was not ready for open conversation about his
orientation, and abruptly left lpsg. I don't hold that against him. We all have our limits and
should understand that.

dude_007

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Yes, and with maturity we come to understand that this person is really lashing out at his unhappy life. Sounds like you handled it with grace and good will.

Boxcar22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I will chat with anyone- except the Irish- damn Irish- just kidding! Age is meaningless, except when it comes to a discount at the movies.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I chatted, I'd chat with anyone. It's just I get approached for sex chat - and I generally don't do that. If or when I do - I know the guy already and we have something in common. But I am not going to sex chat or hookup with a guy under 25. I have more in common with guys 35 - 55.... that brackets my age nicely, at least in terms of sexual attraction. There are exceptions, but not many.

Bottom line I'll chat with anyone - I have friends here who are really young. But we are friends. Sexually, just not into the really young.

silvertriumph2 - I love bisexual men and have been with several in my life. They've been my favourite men (especially sexually) - so open to everyone. Might not be true of every bi guy in the world, but my experience has been great.

HorsemanUK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do people on LPSG find they discriminate against people <25 ?
ive been rejected just from chatting with people for being under 25.
Do people think this is fair ?

:confused:

It is a bit closed minded to exculde chatting to under 25's because you think you will not be able to have a reasonable converstaion with them. Yes i'm sure some will find they cant strike a converstation with someone alot younger but I think they deserve a chance before they are instantly dismissed.

oacliffbuddy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dick, in time that 18 year old will learn. In this day and age many of the youth(not all)have no respect for anything or anyone.I remember when i was 18,i though 30 was old.When i was 30 i realized how imature i was at 18.When i was 18 i thought 40 was ancient.When i turned 40 i thought like a 20 year old and thought 40 was still pretty young.Now at 52, 40 year olds look really good to me, and alot of men my age are still pretty hot.That's how i see it.My post is getting a little long in the tooth,pun intended.Oh and to that 18 year old,father time makes no acceptions..I'm just sayin....:smile:

Hell, at almost 54, anything breathing looks good to me!:rolleyes:

MH07

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Have been told the exact same thing. My thought: "Well, young man, don't worry, if you live long enough, you too will be considered an "old troll", and when you put bad kharma out there, it comes back to you..."