Discuss: why separate the sexes in locker-rooms/bathrooms?

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
@phallic_deity86

Many public places have 3 sets of rest rooms already Male, Female and Family. The family rest room is unisex where parents can take their kids without having to brave the rest rooms of the opposite sex with their kids in tow.

Well I believe that children should be allowed in the opposite sex restroom, if they are of such young age, that parents feel that they need to accompany and assist their child. Since the adult is not to go into the wrong gender restroom or shower or locker room, then innocent small children have to go where their parent would go. Often the child is accompanied by only one parent, and that parent is not necessarily the same sex as the child. But then, people shouldn't have to cover up, just because somebody brought in a child. Don't bring your child into the showers, if you are afraid of your child seeing something. Duh? The family restroom would seem the obvious solution, but it may already be occupied, or doesn't even exist in a lot of places.

I have assisted a small nephew to the public restroom, and waited outside the door to the restroom. Hopefully that is enough to help deter a kidnapper? There isn't another exit to the restroom, is there? I am close enough to hear if the child screams or something. I can also see who else might enter or exit. Parents, please teach your children when they should yell out or scream.

What is important is to show respect for other people, and to set reasonable boundaries. You can not just mix up the sexes, and expect that perverts are not going to abuse the situation and seek to come onto people or behave inappropriately. We see that after Original Sin in Genesis, humans had to wear clothes, and we have worn clothes ever since, as we just can not seem to keep our minds and our desires off of certain (sexual) subjects, when in mixed sexes in a state of undress.

And breastfeeding should be allowed anywhere where people would normally go. In the "prudish" united states, the general practice seems to be, that mothers will breastfeed practically anywhere, even in public, but usually have a cloth that helps insure that nobody needs to see much of it. But I can think of at least one mother who exposed her breasts, and nobody seemed to notice nor care. And this was as a church picnic with people all around. Well at least there was a baby to explain for it.

Reactions: rtg and ronin001

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
And breastfeeding should be allowed anywhere where people would normally go. In the "prudish" united states, the general practice seems to be, that mothers will breastfeed practically anywhere, even in public, but usually have a cloth that helps insure that nobody needs to see much of it. But I can think of at least one mother who exposed her breasts, and nobody seemed to notice nor care. And this was as a church picnic with people all around. Well at least there was a baby to explain for it.

By hearing both my grandmothers talk about when they breastfed their children during the 1930s, they breastfed during church services and wherever they were. The "prudery" is a recent thing.

I was in line at Walmart one evening and the lady in front of me was breastfeeding. It took me a while to notice and know what was going on. She was very discreet. It was a beautiful thing.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By hearing both my grandmothers talk about when they breastfed their children during the 1930s, they breastfed during church services and wherever they were. The "prudery" is a recent thing.

I was in line at Walmart one evening and the lady in front of me was breastfeeding. It took me a while to notice and know what was going on. She was very discreet. It was a beautiful thing.

I think it is because our families have become too small. If a mother has 11 children or so, wouldn't she have to breastfeed in public? She would be having babies so often, that hopefully the prudery diminishes somewhat.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I think it is because our families have become too small. If a mother has 11 children or so, wouldn't she have to breastfeed in public? She would be having babies so often, that hopefully the prudery diminishes somewhat.

My grandmother had an aunt born the same year that she was born, 1907. Granny breastfed auntie until she was 6 years old. Can you imagine?

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was showering at the gym this morning when my thoughts drifted about the configuration of the men's shower area and I wondered if the women's was exactly the same or just similar.

And then this thought: why, exactly, do we insist on separating men and women in this way? We are all adults, we all know what the other sex's body parts look like (or will eventually find out anyway), we all have essentially the same bodily functions.

Now, you might say that we need to separate the sexes to keep, for example, the men from hitting on the women. But, if that is the case, how do we deal with gay men sharing lockers and showers with straight men? What about lesbian or bi women sharing with other women who may not be so inclined?

Seriously - in the year 2016, isn't it time to put aside puritanical and biblical teachings and just put men, women, bi, straight, homosexual, all in the same space?
Um because women get enough creeps ogling at them when they are clothed... we don't want to deal with that when we are naked or changing either. Seriously, what a stupid fucking question.

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
A new trend is coed lockers with totally private shower cubbies with a changing area. Communal undress is eliminated.

The locker room social dynamic is eliminated.

The coed shower idea (Starship Troopers) actually appeals to me...

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Co-ed gyms are bad enough with most guys under the impression that they're a hunting ground, and that women only go there to be ogled and hit on.
..but co-ed showers and locker rooms? WTF? :eek: Like gyms aren't bad enough already :rolleyes:

Reactions: rtg

Galloper

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Co-ed gyms are bad enough with most guys under the impression that they're a hunting ground, and that women only go there to be ogled and hit on.
..but co-ed showers and locker rooms? WTF? :eek: Like gyms aren't bad enough already :rolleyes:
You could get help for soaping your back

just gotta say it's kind of interesting to see some sexually repressive / conservative comments on a message board called "large penis support group", lol.

I love sex. I consider myself very sex positive. I am in zero fucking ways conservative. I think people should stay out of each other's personal business for the most part. I used to go to my (what was at the time) local BDSM/sex positive/etc place. There is a time and a place, and there are people at those kinds of places that enforce a code of behavior.

Completely excluding any other life experiences, websites, and so on, just LPSG alone shows VERY fucking well why there aren't more co-ed locker rooms. Because too many people do not know how to behave. So unless there are people in a co-ed locker room to enforce a code of behavior, you had best believe I would avoid them.

Reactions: nailz and 950483

I go to an amateur boxing club, obviously there are men there, but I fucking love it because it's a friendly place, and is also the least sexist place other than my own house. It's like a magical oasis of what the world should be like.

Really fucking stinks though o_O. The smell hits you as you walk in the door, and opening the windows is a cardinal sin. Basically, what I'm saying is: boys smell. They need their own bathrooms and changing rooms, even the exceptionally well-behaved ones. :D

Reactions: rtg

Rav3n

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I go to an amateur boxing club, obviously there are men there, but I fucking love it because it's a friendly place, and is also the least sexist place other than my own house. It's like a magical oasis of what the world should be like.

Really fucking stinks though o_O. The smell hits you as you walk in the door, and opening the windows is a cardinal sin. Basically, what I'm saying is: boys smell. They need their own bathrooms and changing rooms, even the exceptionally well-behaved ones. :D
Boys only stink a little