Discussion on Penis Size formula

D_4cw5yez

1st Like
Media
Ok I love this site, so I want to contribute a discussion. Me and my husband are both pretty hung (maybe not comparatively with some of the people on this site). But my measurements are 8 x 4.75 (the 8 is pretty consistent weather bone pressed or not, the 4.75 can maybe be down to 4.5 at the thinnest part. My husband is bigger, he is 7.5 x 6.25 (the 6.25 is his base, which is the largest part, but the majority of his penis is 5.5). When I hold both of our cocks, his is definitely noticeably bigger... so I won't argue that at all. But when I plug our measurements into that formula, it says at our minimum measurements I come out as 11.84, he at 16.51 (remember that 14 is considered big, and 21 huge), and at our maximum measurements (using the biggest measurement of girth and length that we can get), I am 14.08, and he is 22.85. That seems proportionately way bigger than our differences seem in real life? So I question the validity of that measuring formula. I have a huge head, so I know that adds some bulk... But recently I was on leave from Iraq (I am in the army), and we did one of those clone a willy's on both of our cocks. First of all, that is hard to do, lol you have to do it in the right time and temp, and you also have to be hard and keep it hard, which neither of us did. But the reason I bring that up, is that I think I got maybe a little harder than him, but we were both pretty much the same softer than our max by far... well once you make the mold you pour the latex in, and his was only a little more than mine (meaning he ran out of latex to fill the mold to the top). So I guess that formula shows him at 30-40% larger than me, when you do the calculations, but there is no way when we poured the mold.

Another point, that I question... say you have 2 penises (or is it penii lol), one is 11 inches long x 4.5 thick, the other is 5.5 long and 6.5 thick.

Which would you say is the larger penis and 11 incher or the 5.5 incher that is thick? Well the formula that the people on this site when the numbers are plugged in, the 11 incher gets a 17.37, and the 5.5 incher gets 18 rating... that just seems like that formula somehow favors girth BY FAR.

I am just curious how other people felt about this? Maybe that formula isn't totally correct, or maybe there is too much other things to consider like curve, head size... not sure.

My husband is definitely huge no doubt, i had him do the toilet paper roll test, and even his head barely fit inside, but his minimum measurements (not giving him any benefit of the doubt of 7x5.5 gives him a 16.51 rating, and my measurement of 8x4.75 (its funny I don't really have a minimum or maximum, because my cock is uniform, meaning it is always 8 long and about 4.5-4.75, so there is not that much variation on the girth, where his goes from the tip being about 5, to the middle (most of the shaft is 5.5, and the base gets up to 6.25, maybe a 6.5 if you get clear around the base all the way up to the pelvic bone), so his is harder to figure out what number to plug into the formula... so my measurement give me a 14.08 rating. None of our measurements are exaggerated AT all, I just thought this would be an interesting discussion because we actually did that clone a willy thing... but it is hard to tell because both of our clone a willies were about 2 inches shorter than in real life because neither of us could get hard... but he is way thicker, so I guess 2 more inches of his thicker cock could use up a lot more latex, but I still think that formula saying he is 30-40% bigger is not correct. And my example of the 11" er and the 5.5" also deserves some kind of an answer...

So that is the first question the validity of that formula. The second, is what number would you plug in for my husband's true cock measurement? His length is like 7" but if pointed downward may get to about 7.5, the very tip is 5-5.25 in girth most of the shft is 5.5, and the base is minimum 6.25, maybe max of 6.5... so how the heck do you plug in those numbers for the formula, what numbers would you use? Mine is easier, it is always 8 x 4.75 (and maybe the thinnest part goes to 4.5, so i usually measure the thinnest just for fairness)... but what would I plug in for his numbers to get one length and one width measurement when his gets so much thicker towards the base?

Thanks!

Last edited:

swifty32661

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ok I love this site, so I want to contribute a discussion. Me and my husband are both pretty hung (maybe not comparatively with some of the people on this site). But my measurements are 8 x 4.75 (the 8 is pretty consistent weather bone pressed or not, the 4.75 can maybe be down to 4.5 at the thinnest part. My husband is bigger, he is 7.5 x 6.25 (the 6.25 is his base, which is the largest part, but the majority of his penis is 5.5). When I hold both of our cocks, his is definitely noticeably bigger... so I won't argue that at all. But when I plug our measurements into that formula, it says at our minimum measurements I come out as 11.84, he at 16.51 (remember that 14 is considered big, and 21 huge), and at our maximum measurements (using the biggest measurement of girth and length that we can get), I am 14.08, and he is 22.85. That seems proportionately way bigger than our differences seem in real life? So I question the validity of that measuring formula. I have a huge head, so I know that adds some bulk... But recently I was on leave from Iraq (I am in the army), and we did one of those clone a willy's on both of our cocks. First of all, that is hard to do, lol you have to do it in the right time and temp, and you also have to be hard and keep it hard, which neither of us did. But the reason I bring that up, is that I think I got maybe a little harder than him, but we were both pretty much the same softer than our max by far... well once you make the mold you pour the latex in, and his was only a little more than mine (meaning he ran out of latex to fill the mold to the top). So I guess that formula shows him at 30-40% larger than me, when you do the calculations, but there is no way when we poured the mold.

Another point, that I question... say you have 2 penises (or is it penii lol), one is 11 inches long x 4.5 thick, the other is 5.5 long and 6.5 thick.

Which would you say is the larger penis and 11 incher or the 5.5 incher that is thick? Well the formula that the people on this site when the numbers are plugged in, the 11 incher gets a 17.37, and the 5.5 incher gets 18 rating... that just seems like that formula somehow favors girth BY FAR.

I am just curious how other people felt about this? Maybe that formula isn't totally correct, or maybe there is too much other things to consider like curve, head size... not sure.

My husband is definitely huge no doubt, i had him do the toilet paper roll test, and even his head barely fit inside, but his minimum measurements (not giving him any benefit of the doubt of 7x5.5 gives him a 16.51 rating, and my measurement of 8x4.75 (its funny I don't really have a minimum or maximum, because my cock is uniform, meaning it is always 8 long and about 4.5-4.75, so there is not that much variation on the girth, where his goes from the tip being about 5, to the middle (most of the shaft is 5.5, and the base gets up to 6.25, maybe a 6.5 if you get clear around the base all the way up to the pelvic bone), so his is harder to figure out what number to plug into the formula... so my measurement give me a 14.08 rating. None of our measurements are exaggerated AT all, I just thought this would be an interesting discussion because we actually did that clone a willy thing... but it is hard to tell because both of our clone a willies were about 2 inches shorter than in real life because neither of us could get hard... but he is way thicker, so I guess 2 more inches of his thicker cock could use up a lot more latex, but I still think that formula saying he is 30-40% bigger is not correct. And my example of the 11" er and the 5.5" also deserves some kind of an answer...

So that is the first question the validity of that formula. The second, is what number would you plug in for my husband's true cock measurement? His length is like 7" but if pointed downward may get to about 7.5, the very tip is 5-5.25 in girth most of the shft is 5.5, and the base is minimum 6.25, maybe max of 6.5... so how the heck do you plug in those numbers for the formula, what numbers would you use? Mine is easier, it is always 8 x 4.75 (and maybe the thinnest part goes to 4.5, so i usually measure the thinnest just for fairness)... but what would I plug in for his numbers to get one length and one width measurement when his gets so much thicker towards the base?

Thanks!

What formula are you talking about? It seems pretty apparent to me that if you're just talking sheer volume an 8 x 4.75 cock is smaller than a 7.25 x 6.25 - 38 vs 45.32 . Again, what weird formula are you referring too?? :)

D_4cw5yez

1st Like
Media
it can be found in this thread (which is an interesting discussion), I made an excel spreadsheet, so I can just plug in the numbers without doing the math...

http://www.lpsg.org/255920-difference-between-big-and-huge.html

Basically the formula is: PI*[(circum/(2*PI))*(circum/(2*PI))]*0.98*Length

(That is supposed to take girth into account as well as length, but simply multiplying girth x length is not accurate at least according to this thread... Just doing girth x length, me and my husband are closer that puts him at 20% larger than me, which seems more reasonable than 30-40% as the formula indicates.

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
The mraverage website has an automatic penis volume calculator. Should be easier to work with than excel. Additionally it will give you a visual representation of a penis to compare to the lifestyle size study average.

How does your Willie measure up to Mr Average?
Mr Average?

Elsewhere on the site, he suggests taking an AVERAGE of base, midshaft, and right behind the head for the girth measurement.

On the other hand, everything I have read regarding the lifestyle study suggests that girth measurement was taken at midshaft.

Here's another automatic penis volume calculator. This one offers more visual comparison options:

The Visualizer - Cock Comparison Site
The Visualiser - The Cock Comparison site

There is an excellent picture showing how to measure both length and girth. That's the type of measurement they use in the scientific penis size studies (ruler on top of the penis)

That site also suggests taking several girth measurements and averaging if you are thicker at the base, etc.

Last edited:

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it can be found in this thread (which is an interesting discussion), I made an excel spreadsheet, so I can just plug in the numbers without doing the math...

http://www.lpsg.org/255920-difference-between-big-and-huge.html

Basically the formula is: PI*[(circum/(2*PI))*(circum/(2*PI))]*0.98*Length

(That is supposed to take girth into account as well as length, but simply multiplying girth x length is not accurate at least according to this thread... Just doing girth x length, me and my husband are closer that puts him at 20% larger than me, which seems more reasonable than 30-40% as the formula indicates.
It's all mathematics. That formula follows the formula of the volume of a cylinder: PI*Radius*Radius*Height.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylinder_(geometry)#Volume

This is multiplied by 0.98 because a penis is obviously not perfectly cylindrical; it's only shaped like a cylinder and is 98% cylindrical (because it's not perfectly round, straight, etc).

If you multiply the girth by the length, you are not getting the volume of your penis. That's basically saying that the volume of a cylinder is its circumference multiplied by height, and as you can see in the above link, that's not correct!

Assume that a penis IS perfectly cylindrical so that its volume follows the formula PI*Radius*Radius*Height. The height is simply the NBPEL of the penis. The radius is determined from its "circumference" (girth) which is 2*PI*Radius. Measure your girth and divide that measurement by 2*PI, and this value is the radius of your penis.

PI is defined to be a constant, and the only variables you needed were height and radius - with these values, all you do is plug them into the formula to calculate the volume. dirkjesje then multiplied this value by 0.98 because, as I explained earlier, the shape of a penis is not perfectly cylindrical, so its volume will most likely be less than the volume of a cylinder, especially if your penis is thickest at one part of your penis (which is where you would measure the girth) - as opposed to a cylinder whose radius is perfectly even along its entire length.

I hope I made sense at all, lol. I was never very good with proofs.

Last edited:

D_4cw5yez

1st Like
Media
I guess all I am saying is that we did the clone a willy, and there is no way he was 30-40% bigger, maybe 10% max... so it seems as if that formula can't work in a way to give an accurate % difference... based on that real life experience. Plus my example of the 11" thinner penis, if you held that up to a 5.5" thick penis and it is twice as long, this formula says the 5.5 incher is bigger... it just seems to make no sense... I understand what you are saying about volume and displacement, but I know that we did the displacement test with the latex in the clone a willy, and it was not consistent with the formula difference, now there is error there with our levels of erection... I am not trying to prove he is bigger, I know that, I just think the formula really seems to favor girth in a way that doesn't seem logical...

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You should measure the molds as exactly as possible and then test their respective displacements again.
There is no way the mathematics can be wrong.

D_4cw5yez

1st Like
Media
It could be the level of hardness, plus I have a big head, maybe he wasn't hard enough, because he does get pretty huge... I just think the mathematics 30-40% seem off, plus I guess if you have a dick like his, it starts at 5 then 5 1/2 then up to 6 1/2 at the base, so it is all over the place, maybe i am over estimating it for the formula.

matelalique

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dr Engineer steps in. The formula is correct is your penis is a perfect cylinder. If you have an unusually flat penis (wide from side to side but thin from top to bottom) it will be off. If you have an unusually tapered penis or an unusually large or small head it will also be off.

You can get a better measurement by taking an average of circumferences at evenly spaced intervals (say every half an inch).

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can fill a large glass with water and stick your erect penis in it until the water runs out. When you pull out of the glass the water will recede and leave an empty space having nearly the exact volume of the erect penis you inserted into it. If you are really curious as to the volume of your penis, you can mark the side of the glass and measure how much more water it takes to fill the glass. It's not difficult to find a measuring device that is marked in ml and figure out how to determine the volume. This method may be a bit too accurate for most people, so you should only try this if you are secure in your stature.

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's all mathematics. That formula follows the formula of the volume of a cylinder: PI*Radius*Radius*Height.

Cylinder (geometry) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is multiplied by 0.98 because a penis is obviously not perfectly cylindrical; it's only shaped like a cylinder and is 98% cylindrical (because it's not perfectly round, straight, etc).

If you multiply the girth by the length, you are not getting the volume of your penis. That's basically saying that the volume of a cylinder is its circumference multiplied by height, and as you can see in the above link, that's not correct!

Assume that a penis IS perfectly cylindrical so that its volume follows the formula PI*Radius*Radius*Height. The height is simply the NBPEL of the penis. The radius is determined from its "circumference" (girth) which is 2*PI*Radius. Measure your girth and divide that measurement by 2*PI, and this value is the radius of your penis.

PI is defined to be a constant, and the only variables you needed were height and radius - with these values, all you do is plug them into the formula to calculate the volume. dirkjesje then multiplied this value by 0.98 because, as I explained earlier, the shape of a penis is not perfectly cylindrical, so its volume will most likely be less than the volume of a cylinder, especially if your penis is thickest at one part of your penis (which is where you would measure the girth) - as opposed to a cylinder whose radius is perfectly even along its entire length.

I hope I made sense at all, lol. I was never very good with proofs.
I couldn t formulate it better.
As for cmftblynu :
Your friend is for the most part 5.5" in girth. Best is to take the midshaft girth which is probably 5.5/5.75". Then you will come closer to the real volume.
And yes girth counts far more than lenght for the volume.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I couldn t formulate it better.
As for cmftblynu :
Your friend is for the most part 5.5" in girth. Best is to take the midshaft girth which is probably 5.5/5.75". Then you will come closer to the real volume.
And yes girth counts far more than lenght for the volume.

as any girl will tell you :wink:

D_Harry_Ballz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think probably the best suggestion I could give is try it in a pussy/ass and see if you like it. You can't fuck a tape measure, if its not filling you up and making you whimper like a bitch in heat, a discussion may need to take place.

House21

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For an interesting (to me at least) comparison of the difference girth makes, go to the visualiser site or Mr. Average posted earlier by DeepDish. Input the stats for a penis 7" long and 4.5" in circumference and compare it to a penis 7" long but with 6" in circumference. To my eye, the skinnier penis looked longer than the thicker one, but the thicker one clearly had more volume.

Most people equate "big" with "long" but in reality a thicker but shorter penis can take up more space than a longer one. Just my two cents.