Diseases From Oral Sex??

johnwade79

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I hope this isn't a stupid question but here is goes. What STDs can you contract from giving a guy oral sex?? I know by most schools of thought giving a guy oral isn't considered a high risk behavior, but I would still think you could contract something especially if you swallow.

Thoughts, questions, comment???

SR_Les Intercourse

Experimental Member
Media
actually.. it can be high risk if u have a cut in your mouth and/or he has a cut on his penis. you are both vunerable to contract a disease. pretty much any STI can be transferred by oral sex.

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And don't forget Herpes -both HSV-1 and HSV-2 can be passed during oral sex. I've heard a bunch of fluff over the last few months (here and elsewhere) about the risks of getting/giving HIV during oral sex and how much more risk if you let him cum in your mouth etc. but really? How willing are you to risk it?

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of course if someone cums in your mouth you're just as likely to catch anything you'd catch if he cummed in an anus or vagina. Not to mention the STD's that don't even require cum such as Herpes which can be transferred by something as simple as a kiss. Oral isn't any safer than anything else for the one performing the act orally.

Chis

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Giving oral is very risky. Most people think oral is harmless but that is a big misatake.
The whole gang of std's is waiting to greet you. First the sore throat then blisters then..Whammo, you have a nasty bug like HIV. Come on I see too many people with messed up throats amd gums because they thought the same. Use a condom. People out there today are on fire.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hysterical much?

Saliva has enzymes that deactivate HIV, which is very fragile, unlike HSV or bacterial STDs.

If you can figure out how someone can give a blowjob without producing saliva, then I'd consider it a greater than theoretical risk.

Giving oral is very risky. Most people think oral is harmless but that is a big misatake.
The whole gang of std's is waiting to greet you. First the sore throat then blisters then..Whammo, you have a nasty bug like HIV. Come on I see too many people with messed up throats amd gums because they thought the same. Use a condom. People out there today are on fire.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The only men proven to have come down with HIV from oral sex, blew someone after oral surgery, before they were healed, the last I read.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The main thing one has to consider is that things can go two different directions.

The person giving oral sex risks the following"

Herpes,
Wart Viruses
Hepatitis in most varieties
Thrush
and surprisingly HIV is way down the list.

The transmissability will hinge on the condition of the inside of the mouth doing the receiving. Gingivitis and other gum conditions can increase risks of transmission radically. If the mouth is in perfect shape the risks of HIV are relatively low, but there are other things that are far worse.

The Person receiving oral sex risks the following:

NGU,
Gonorreah,
Hepatitis,
Herpes,
and a few others.
The risk of HIV transmission in this manner is extremely low.

One caveat: If at the time the sex takes place the person on the receiving end were to have even a mild case of urethritis, there are major problems in increasing the odds of transmission because with the urethra irritated blood transfer is possible.

It is all a risk no matter what you do. You have to always know the other person and you have to know your own body to minimize unprotected risk. Now, that being said, use of a condom is not all that hard and it can with regards to oral sex eliminate almost any chance no matter what. Perfect no, but in oral sex damn close.

Just use common sense..........

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hope this isn't a stupid question but here is goes. What STDs can you contract from giving a guy oral sex?? I know by most schools of thought giving a guy oral isn't considered a high risk behavior, but I would still think you could contract something especially if you swallow.

Thoughts, questions, comment???
U can get about any STD from oral sex. Gonorrhea, syphilis and AIDS. It can be very high risk.