Disgraceful

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sometimes when I see the amount of garbage that goes out of my one 10 story 90 apartment building I'm really amazed. In my mind I try too extrapolate that to all of NYC and then the country etc. It boggles the mind. what boggles my mind even more is that people don't bother to use reuse boxes, packing peanuts and bubble wrap. I'm always on the lookout for those items and reuse them endlessly!

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That garbage patch has been around for years unfortunately. I never understood why we don't hear more about it. I recycle everything I can, but I'm sure I've contributed to it.

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes when I see the amount of garbage that goes out of my one 10 story 90 apartment building I'm really amazed. In my mind I try too extrapolate that to all of NYC and then the country etc. It boggles the mind. what boggles my mind even more is that people don't bother to use reuse boxes, packing peanuts and bubble wrap. I'm always on the lookout for those items and reuse them endlessly!

there was a documentary called garbage! about a canadian family that saved all their garbage for a month.

they ended up with like 90 bags or so.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just found this today. Makes Me sick.

totally depressing...:mad:

and then we have the turtles and seals swallowing plastic blags, humpback whales caught in long line fishing, whales hit by ships, whales driven crrazy by sonar and other noise to the point where they beach...

polluted lakes, rivers and streams...

oil spills...PCBs, god it is horrible...

it is amazing just how little time it has taken us to destroy the earth....

what nobody realizes, is that when the lakes, rivers, ponds, seas and oceans die, and the forests disappear, so do we.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is what democracy is about, whatever your political views. Politicians make a pretense of being moral men and women. You give them your vote and they stop listening to you: their eyes, ears and pockets are open to big business. PM Blair of Britain besides being a war criminal is the most corrupt man in Europe, yet he is lauded and applauded. There was a similar breakdown in political morality in France over 200 years ago and it ended badly. If we allow it, remain silent, or are less than courageous in defending our families and our earth then we deserve all we get.