"Disgusted by Penises"

EternalCaverns

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Do you consider it normal for a man to be not only disgusted by other penises, but also his own? When I say disgusted, I refer specifically to the look and function.

What would you think about this man?

Let's additionally assume this man is not religious and that he is straight.

Perhaps I am speaking to the wrong audience because most men here probably have an appreciation for both their own and other men's dicks in some manner, but still wanted to ask for interesting discussion on the topic.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Body issues are so insidious. I'm sure women have it worse, but like a clit is a massive number of nerves squeezed into a small teensy weensie space, the sum of all our body issues can be similarly squeezed into that relatively small piece of meat between our legs.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know there's this spherical zone centered around my crotch where all the laws of spacetime are violated. All matter decreases in size and mass by about 30%. Dollar bills, coins, rulers, cans of soda and especially my hands just seem so much smaller when held next to my cock. Light even bends as can be demonstrated by every photograph I've ever taken.

No, I'm not disgusted by my penis, but I can see how something can spiral out of control in my mind when detached enough from reality.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only time I have heard of someones disgust for their own dick was when my cousin was describing how he felt about his dick whilst growing up and going through puberty... He is now happily a she.

Yeah was thinking about the same thing..

In my own circle of friends someone has a child who doesnt like his penis at all..he's actually already going though life as a girl..even though he's legally still a boy. He is too young to have surgery.. But it will happen in a year or so..atleast the hormonal procedure first..

Maybe the person the OP is talking about also has pre-transgender issues??

He needs to speak to a psychologist..

SR_Daniel Dangler

Experimental Member
Media
i guess it would have something to do with being self conscience of the appearance of one's penis. to be 100% honest recently i have been looking at my penis any chance i get, ever since i found out it was big i have been so proud of it.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your such an honest person au123 ha
love it
I have never met anyone who has been disgusted; with there Penis, myself
There are asshole males who ridicule other persons penis.
Some have been a little ashamed maybe, ( usually that it was not a tad larger?)
overall i think we Males are an accepting bunch
Live with what we were given/have got/ and generally cant change.?
enz

With all respect i would suggest its more of the opposite gender who would be 'disgusted' with some of our penises.

B_patrickmcc

Sexy Member
Media
My penis and I have been in a love affair since age 12 when we both realized how much joy we could give each other.

However, for the first time ever Dog made me jealous of another guys dick with this:
"I can't speak for anyone else, but I know there's this spherical zone centered around my crotch where all the laws of spacetime are violated. All matter decreases in size and mass by about 30%. Dollar bills, coins, rulers, cans of soda and especially my hands just seem so much smaller when held next to my cock. Light even bends as can be demonstrated by every photograph I've ever taken."
Wow.
thats one powerful dick.

EternalCaverns

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Here's some more information to consider about this guy.

By the way, this person I've described is a platonic but good friend that I've known for over 7 years. He is in his mid-30s, if that helps to piece together anything.

The following are things that have been expressed randomly in conversations in the time I've known him when he's asked me for relationship and dating advice :

1. Didn't start masturbating until he was an adult. When he was younger, he ignored his erections when they happened and had absolutely NO desire to masturbate. Claims to not have had any curiosity about them and sex period growing up.
  2. Doesn't enjoy the act of intercourse. Has mentioned this in conversations when he dated and wanted my advice on stuff. He could live his entire life without having intercourse. He says intercourse for him feels unnatural, mechanical, disconnected, and awkward. Said some girlfriends also complained about him having bad rhythm.
  3. Masturbation as an adult is very scarce. So are regular sexual thoughts.
  4. Finds it very unpleasant to look at photos of other men's dicks. Says they look disgusting and that penises really are hideous "attachments."
  5. Has said on a few occasions that if he didn't have a penis, he'd be fine with that because "it gets in the way." I don't know if he was joking or even half serious when he's expressed this.
  6. Doesn't want to be a woman and I don't get the impression he is transgendered, but as far as I've seen, he relates far better with women than with men and has expressed feeling somewhat awkward relating to most men.
  7. He has a fetish. Claims to be highly aroused if and only if it is involved in sexual activity. It seems he prefers that the fetish be involved as the defining point of his sexuality in order to activate it. He said this caused problems with his ex-girlfriends because they claimed he was dysfunctional for it, always needing to include the fetish in order to enjoy intimacy with them.
  8. Has labeled himself as asexual on some occasions, although he is attracted to women.
  9. He says after orgasms his body crashes and instead of feeling relieved, within minutes, he starts to become extremely depressed. According to him, he hates the down feeling that occurs almost all the time after a climax. I looked up info for him online and he seems to match the description of men who suffer from POIS (Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome).
Anyway, I've asked him to get to a psychiatrist as I really can't help him in a big way. I have only listened and given advice about what exactly could be wrong with him having all of these issues, but I don't think going to a psychiatrist is something he'll wind up doing.

With what more I've mentioned, anyone have any deeper impressions?

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
I'm sure that the "level zero" of sex doesn't exist..asexuals are liers.. they are gay maybe or catholic... in your description we can find some trace of homosexuality like having more female friends tan male ones and his relationship with masturbation and intercourse is totally odd... he has got some pshychic disease or syndrome for sure... btw.. do you know what's his penis size?have your ever thought he could try to trick you with this strategy to lay with you??? what is his height and how does he look like??? there is a syndrome...klinefelter syndrome..causing hypogonadism and,maybe,this is the reason of his low sexuality and penis disgust...

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say its possible. Anything is possible. Maybe he had some freaky childhood experience where a parent told him his penis was dirty or bad etc.

I don't like my penis that much but it's the only one I've got. I get by :tongue:

ck85x65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow. I mean, WOW !

Have you ever read the book, "The Silence of the Lambs" ? The movie is amazing, but the book gives you much more background to understand the story. The perpetrator is known as Jamie Gumb, who is one psychologically messed up person. Born a male, his disgust of his own sex organs causes him to avoid so much as touching his own organ, and the point of the story is that he is refused sex-reassignment treatment and operations by the Mayo clinic, after intense scrutiny, testing and psychological assessment. He then develops an entirely weird, but entirely believable desire to become a female, which leads to the murders chronicled in the book. He is in fact, harvesting the skins of his female victims to use as a tailor would, to construct a female "suit" that he can wear, to become a female. Yes, it is very disturbing and perhaps sick, but the point is that he so fervently denies his maleness, and is refused to complete his desire/fantasy to become a woman, that he instead becomes a heartless serial murderer.

I am not saying that your platonic friend is in the same boat, but there is a line between being disappointed with some aspect of your body (and god knows, in this society, with all its ideals presented as a form of reality in the media) I gotta admit, this first think I thought about after reading your posts was this example.

Boy needs help. Before he goes too far.

EternalCaverns

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wow. I mean, WOW !

Have you ever read the book, "The Silence of the Lambs" ? The movie is amazing, but the book gives you much more background to understand the story. The perpetrator is known as Jamie Gumb, who is one psychologically messed up person. Born a male, his disgust of his own sex organs causes him to avoid so much as touching his own organ, and the point of the story is that he is refused sex-reassignment treatment and operations by the Mayo clinic, after intense scrutiny, testing and psychological assessment. He then develops an entirely weird, but entirely believable desire to become a female, which leads to the murders chronicled in the book. He is in fact, harvesting the skins of his female victims to use as a tailor would, to construct a female "suit" that he can wear, to become a female. Yes, it is very disturbing and perhaps sick, but the point is that he so fervently denies his maleness, and is refused to complete his desire/fantasy to become a woman, that he instead becomes a heartless serial murderer.

I am not saying that your platonic friend is in the same boat, but there is a line between being disappointed with some aspect of your body (and god knows, in this society, with all its ideals presented as a form of reality in the media) I gotta admit, this first think I thought about after reading your posts was this example.

Boy needs help. Before he goes too far.

I don't get a sinister vibe although I am not claiming I know everything about him. People can surprise you in life and not always in a good way.

I just get the feeling that he is troubled and very unhappy. You're right that he has a ton of issues. This is why he can't keep a relationship going.

I figure maybe men might have a better perspective on what his underlying problem could be. I am good at solving problems, but I can't seem to figure this out. I have asked him about abuse in the past, his sexual orientation, and all of that to give better advice, but he claims he's had no sexual abuse and he's not gay. I am thinking that if he can tell me all that he has so far, why not admit any of that stuff in conversation?

I've already tried telling him to get some help with a professional, but as I mentioned earlier, I seriously doubt he'll follow through on that. Probably out of shame. I am not sure. He's never been someone who likes to look inward too deeply.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Here's some more information to He has a fetish. Claims to be highly aroused if and only if it is involved in sexual activity. It seems he prefers that the fetish be involved as the defining point of his sexuality in order to activate it. He said this caused problems with his ex-girlfriends because they claimed he was dysfunctional for it, always needing to include the fetish in order to enjoy intimacy with them.

So what is his fetish?

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He needs to see a psyquiatrist, cause by the way u describe it, he may need medication, thats the best he could do

green carnation

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't get a sinister vibe although I am not claiming I know everything about him. People can surprise you in life and not always in a good way.

I just get the feeling that he is troubled and very unhappy. You're right that he has a ton of issues. This is why he can't keep a relationship going.

I figure maybe men might have a better perspective on what his underlying problem could be. I am good at solving problems, but I can't seem to figure this out. I have asked him about abuse in the past, his sexual orientation, and all of that to give better advice, but he claims he's had no sexual abuse and he's not gay. I am thinking that if he can tell me all that he has so far, why not admit any of that stuff in conversation?

I've already tried telling him to get some help with a professional, but as I mentioned earlier, I seriously doubt he'll follow through on that. Probably out of shame. I am not sure. He's never been someone who likes to look inward too deeply.

Although he has told you a lot of things he could easily not be telling you everything because the other things could be so huge and maybe still not admitted by himself.

You are clearly a good and sympathetic friend which is why he has come to you but please don't confuse being gay with being trans. Gay men adore cocks!