Disgusting!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by STYLYUNG, Nov 15, 2009.

1. STYLYUNG

STYLYUNG New Member

How many of you saw the picture of the president of the United States (11-15-09) in today's papers and TV news, bowing to the emporer of Japan? Bowing to the emporer of Japan of all people. Dosen't our kid-president know that Japan, under the rule of this emporer's father, killed over two million Americans during the War in the Pacific during WWII? And our guy is bowing to the leader of Japan? What an insult to the Veterans of the War in The Pacific who went through living hell to win that war over japan.

2. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

As a greeting and show of respect to the culture.
    When the emperor shakes Obama's hand in the Western style what does that communicate about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? :rolleyes:

These two men are not required to atone for the sins of prior generations - grow up.

3. King_ding_a_ling

King_ding_a_ling New Member

Albums:
    O and how dare he hold a door open for a woman?! Does he not know how much trouble the Woman's rights movement made for us men?!!!

Seriously, look at it from a non-narrow minded view and you'll see it as an act of courtesy rather than submission.

"Speak softly and carry and big stick; you will go far.'' -Teddy

"It is not our purpose to become each other it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is." -Hermann Hesse

4. voidout

Gold Member

precisely what i thought when i read this.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Oh jeez... another bowing scandal? Some of you bitches REALLY need to get over your sense of hyper-patriotism.

6. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    VinylBoy wrote:
    Oh jeez... another bowing scandal? Some of you bitches REALLY need to get over your sense of hyper-patriotism.

I call it hyper-nationalism.
    Dave

7. xxuxu

xxuxu Active Member

Albums:
    What an insult to the veterans that you don't even have the slightest clue as to how many Americans were killed in the Pacific. It means you certainly don't give a shit about learning the history of the war, which is pretty damn insulting, otherwise you'd realize how utterly and completely ridiculous that number is. Not even close to two million Americans died during the entire freaking war, all theaters. In fact, about 20% of that died in ALL theaters, and about 20% of THAT died in the Pacific.

And yes I know I'm not addressing your main point. I just find your lack of knowledge and perspective, coupled with your outrage, to be disturbing.

Maybe you're just joking? Ha ha?

#7 xxuxu, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  8. LambHair McNeil

Considering that no past U.S. Presidents are noted for having bowed when visiting the Japanese Emperor, it's not hyper-anything (except hyper-appropriate) to wonder what is going through Obama's mind when he does it.

9. xxuxu

xxuxu Active Member

Albums:
    Well, 5 seconds of Googling shows that Nixon did it too, but the freepers say, "THAT's not a bow, he didn't bow nearly as low as Obama did." Then the lefties reply, "It doesn't matter, a bow's a bow."

Which makes me think to myself, why does anyone give a shit, I'm going to write one last post on the topic then move on and do much more useful things, like taking a dump...and yes I would feel the same way had it been Bush...ha.

10. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Speaking of precedent, he didn't puke on anyone either. So what.

11. YoungHungMachine

The way I see it...

He is greeting them in the way that 2 men from that nation greet each other.

As he has with every other nation he has visited. Its a sign of respect, not one of weakness.

I personally have no feelings one way or the other... though before you come rambling in here foolishly remember he is not trying to put America's image out there as a weak country, one of the main selling points is he wants foreigners to stop hating America. For our stupidity, obesity, cockiness, and thinking the entire world revolves around the USA.

The USA is hurting globally now, in political and economic circles, we dont carry the same weight we used to. Many people are thinking we should lock our doors and not accept the outside world. Think we should not be the voice of reason anymore (many countries dont listen anyways even if we did have good ideas) because of the past presidents actions and our country as a whole.

This could be me entirely talking out of my ass but before making statements on anything, think about the action and its reprocussions for yourself. Do not just take the word 1 source (i.e; Fox News). Im not even a Democrat, so no flames needed in that department- I voted for Ron Paul.

And as for the most immediate subject relevant to your pissant expression of disgusting. Why would this son be punished irrevocably for their father's actions? Would really suck if everyone who knew my father would take out their hatred and vile against me.

12. MrGoodDate

Gold Member

Should black Americans bowl with the southern whites?
    We must forget the past,,, Lincoln said something about "malace towards none."

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And what's a little tenpin between the races?
    It's candlepin if you're nasty... :biggrin1:

14. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i was thinking of different ways to address this thread at first i thought of a serious reply, but that seems to be covered. then i thought of a sarcastic one, something along the lines of "oh noes! the world is gong to end!" but i think ill just go with:

you spelled emperor wrong... twice.

15. LambHair McNeil

:rolleyes2:

16. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Man, that molehill is HUGE!

17. lucky8

Gold Member

Bowing is a form of greeting, jackass. You should consider looking beyond your realm of American propoganda and understand the world does not revolve around purely western cultures and traditions. WWII was a lifetime ago...let it go, we're allies now...

18. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm going to throw a log on the fire and note that the Emperor didn't bow back.

19. lucky8

Gold Member

That is interesting

20. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Better than G.H.W.Bush, who threw up in his equivalent's lap.

Now, there was a proud moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted