Dish Network can suck a fatty!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by unabear09, Oct 23, 2010.

1. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm so pissed at Dish right now. I went to delete 4 programs, under EDIT. FOUR! Confirmed that I wanted those FOUR shows deleted and after around a minute, my ENTIRE DVR was empty! :mad:

Called Dish to see if I was eligible to upgrade my box for free or could get a new box. DO you know what they told me? They ever so generously offered to send me a new box, at no cost to me, but then they said I would have to pay $15 to ship it. WTF?!?! I mean THEIR epuipment malfunctioned! Why should I pay for jack shit?:fuckyou2: So not only will I have to uninstall (and most likely ship back) the old box and install the new one, I also have to pay to ship it. What fuck is up with that bullshit? I even threatened to call Comcast and cancel my subscription, and that was the best they could offer? So now, I am seriously considering switching to Comcast (which might end up being more expensive, but I probably bundle net, phone, tv) or just cancelling it all and joining Netflix. Grrr.:angryfire:

2. B_Yeah69

B_Yeah69 New Member

I wish I bought "Dish"....I bought "Direct Tv" when it was up here in Canada. The card kept on getting hit...waste of money for me and I never enjoyed it.

3. B_Yeah69

B_Yeah69 New Member

Bad customer service btw....they should replace for free...can't you pick it up from them at a store location?

4. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Meh. Gateway is the same way. My boyfriends laptop had the wifi card go out on it (completely a hardware issue, not a me issue) and I sent it into Gateway... it's under warranty... and I had to pay to ship it to them. Their piece of shit breaks, and I'm out $30. Blah. Several years ago, they used to send you boxes to ship them in, with the shipping paid by them. Not sure why they stopped doing that.

5. dreamer20

Gold Member

I don't see you being told, from the break, that you are responsible for shipping costs as something unreasonable. Dish even supplies its equipment for free *under the terms listed at this link:
    Dish Network satellite TV - FAQ

If your equipment cannot manage that particular task, and you don't want the hassle of shipping the equipment at your cost, why not see if you can simply delete each program individually with your DVR.

#5 dreamer20, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted