Disingenuity from the Clinton camp

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HazelGod, Mar 20, 2008.

1. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    This could turn into a dumping ground for all the half-truths, backpedals, and outright lies coming from Hillary and her campaign...but I'll start with the one that's freshest on the pile.

The reigning queen of American race-baiting has spoken up to her local rag once again on the subject. Far from being contrite, Geraldine Ferraro is actually playing the Clinton role to the hilt: Acting stupidly surprised that anyone could believe she doesn't shit sunshine and fart rainbows.

You can read the full article here, but my favorite excerpt was at the finish:

No clue? Is she kidding? NO clue, as in NONE at all?

Really, Geraldine...surprise that someone born in the American midwest during the roaring twenties and raised in the dust bowl during the Great Depression would ever utter remarks that would be deemed racist by modern standards? And could not believe that anyone from that generation would do so?

She's either the stupidest woman to have ever sat in Congress, or just another bald-faced liar wearing a Hillary button.

Fucking disingenuous cunt...shut up and go away.

2. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

What is sadder is that his mention of her was to reference the fact that the media can portray one as something other that what you are when a comment is taken out of context or sound clips are replayed ad nauseum. He was almost defending her. Sigh.

3. visualalert

visualalert New Member

As a BusHitler facist Repugnican right wing conservative extremist Halliburton shareholder and oil company fan (and I listen to Rush and Hannity too! EEK!), boy am I loving the hell out of this.

Karl Rove sent me a message on my secret decoder ring telling me to ask you guys if you are just white males afraid of Powyrful Womyn. I mean, not that long ago if you disagreed with Hillary you were by definition afraid of Powyrful Womyn. And an EEEEvil Repugnican, even worse! The SPAWN of SATAN!

Apparently all that went away. You can think Hillary's an opportunistic phony bitch, like all those crazy right-wingers in the 90s, but you're not a crazy right-winger for thinking exactly the same thing they did. Right?

Can anybody enlighten me on when that transition occurred? Not looking for a specific date. A month and year would be good.

No? OK, maybe a season (spring, summer, fall, winter) and year?

Uh, OK, how about just a year in which the transition happened?

How do I already know that I will get a lot of attacks, but no answers to any of these questions? I must be clairvoyant!

4. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    Good point Visualalert.

I think that while Repubs and (some) Dems feel the same way now about Hill Dawg, they have arrived at the conclusions by different reasons.

Personally, I didn't see how vindictive and manipulative the Clinton machine could be within their own party until this election cycle. To me, it seems that they have put her campaign before the party and country. She is doing things that will hurt Obama if he becomes the nominee for her own gains. At some point, she is going to have to realize that it is going to be Obama and by her continuing she is going to destroy the party and help to loose the election. There's a fine line. She is acting like this is a general election when in reality it's a primary. The rules of the game are different now.

Meanwhile, Republicans are laughing there ASSES off.

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    BIG mistake to throw one's grandmother under the bus, no matter what the situation. Could really hurt him in the long run and it already hasn't played too well with the Hispanic community, in particular.

@vindicator: Apparently you have forgotten much about Clintonian politics. Ah, but you're only 27, so you were but a pup last time around... :wink:

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, that's it, and I am deeply ashamed of this. But I'm much more deeply ashamed of my rampant racism, so I'm voting for Obama rather than Hillary.

For the record, I've despised that carpetbagging harpy for as long as she's been in the national public eye. It was a character assessment that I made, and she has not given me a single moment of regret for that judgement during the ensuing years.

In what alternate reality do you live where you honestly characterize Obama's mention of his grandmother as "throwing her under a bus?"

7. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here's someone from "her mother's generation" expressing his viewpoint on race quite succinctly:

Can you believe that, Geraldine? :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted