Distraught....

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by YourAvgGuy, Jun 12, 2007.

1. YourAvgGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There have been several threads posted here about man "boobs" to which I have responded and have been very open about. Today, however, I was distraught when approached by a young child at the gym at the pool.

I have been swimming as part of my workout regiment. I wear a tank because of my chest, as I do not want bring attention to myself. Today, however, I got to the pool late and notice an unusual amount of children at the pool. I was hesitant and almost left but decided to stay. As I entered the pool, I noticed people looking at me but that is generally the case. Needless to say, I entered and went about my business. As I was awaiting to swim my lap, I over heard a young girl tell her mom, "why does that man have titties like you, mommie? Is he a she? He has a pee pee. You can see it." I was floored. The mother was beet red. I suppose it would not have been so bad if she had not broadcast it loudly for everyone in the pool to hear!

I got out of the pool went to the showers, showered and left. I suppose I thought I was "over" my issues of comfort with my chest/breast until this afternoon. I was really self-conscious. I found myself trying to cover-up, which I normally do, but moreso today than usual. Today was weird. This was weird. It seems once again that this socio-pyschological cognosis is spewing its ugly head to make me question so many things........

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Awe, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. :frown1: I know that had to have been tough. But she's just a child, she doesn't know what gynecomastia is. Adults are generally more mature about things like that, and even if they don't understand why you have breasts, they generally don't say anything. Don't be self conscious. Love your body. It's yours for the rest of your life! You're a great guy, and incredibly attractive.

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    You're one handsome man who is "gifted" twixit the legs.....I'd do ya(if you'd want)

4. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Ditto - You are one of the cutest guys on the site too YAG :smile:

5. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

1. your a good looking dude.
    2. go get your testosterone levels checked :)

- my bro had the same thing.. it went away FAST

6. cklover

Gold Member

Albums:
    Man! A plastic surgeon could take care of that situation With a minimum of fuss and muss.....get a consult! (good luck, too):smile:

7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    ( don't tell anyone but I had my testosterone levels checked 2 years ago.......they came back non-existent!.......I've been on 8 pumps of androgel every dsy and my life has NOT been the same....increased libidon, increased erectile function........and all the " good stuff"/////changed my life..........you did'nt hear it here),...I feel sooooooo vulnerable....be kind//////

8. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

I am so sorry this happened to you. Please go get your hormone levels checked. All normal males produce testosterone and some level of estrogen. Maybe, your levels are out of balance. I hope they can get this fixed in a simple, safe, and fast manner. ((((YourAvgGuy))))

Sigh this kind of garbage is a product of people saying whatever they want to say. My mother would have killed us. We were taught that you do not say unkind things to people. If you have a question to ask, you ask it privately. We all knew that even as preschoolers.

9. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Congratulations. I am glad it helped you. It is a physical condition and nothing of which you should be ashamed.

10. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I noticed my boobies growing a bit on Androgel....mabee its just me..

Seems that my balls are shrinking too.. I wont get off topic too much, as we can revive the androgel thread. (im only on 1mg pack a day)

YAG, you are a hottie, and If I was there, Id give you a great big hug, and make you feel soooo good. (even though your str8, id still make you growl strange animal noises :) :) )

11. viking1

Gold Member

I guess we all have some type of insecurities. I know I have. I'm insecure about my cock size. I have been for years. I am not thrilled with my looks either. I don't think I'm ugly, but average doesn't draw much interest.

You are way ahead of me on looks and size. What I mean is, don't let the idiots get you down. Chin up man, you got so much going for you!

12. Instinctual Lover

Instinctual Lover New Member

Albums:
  13. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Unfortunately, children have no filter between their brain and mouth. It's what we find endearing about them at times or shocking/embarrassing at others. Few things make us feel more vulnerable than when insecurities are dragged out into the spotlight and displayed for everyone to see. Your reaction was quite natural, YAG. This doesn't change how attractive you are..and you really are very good-looking. I'd certainly hit it. :biggrin1:

14. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I'm sorry you had to hear that, sometimes kids should be seen and not heard. You are beautiful sir, and we know that. *hugs*

15. B_HappyHammer1977

B_HappyHammer1977 New Member

Can I ask if you drink alot? Alcohol can have an effect on 'mam-boob' increases.

16. YourAvgGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thank you. You are all very kind and very supportive. I appreciate your gentleness, especially during what seems to be a time of vulnerability for me. I simply cannot shake it - yesterday or today. I did go back to the pool today, though. However, I went early (6:30am) when no one was around and completed my laps. Normally things like this does not bother me but for some odd reason I find myself oppressed by it. Strange but nonetheless a real experience.

I've had my levels checked before and they are almost non-existent (they were checked when I was a child). I am scheduling an appointment to have some more test ran as well - something I have been debating for a while. Maybe that will give more clarity and answers to some questions I have as well.

As for plastic surgery... again, I am not completely sure I would feel comfortable going through with that procedure. I have had boobs since I was 9 and they have been well-developed, rounded and just... well, there. I cannot change that and I learned to live with it. It was just this incident that has made me question things and that has made me really feel uncomfortable. It has made me take notice of how others view me and I wonder what they think... (and yes, I do care - we all care regardless of what we say!). It seemed as if I noticed everyone looking at me yesterday while I was changing and showering. The same holds true for today... Maybe I am just paranoid or simply, maybe I was oblivious to it and had suppressed it until this child mentioned it yesterday.

And, btw, I do not begrudge the child. Children only behave in accordance to what their parents allow or tolerate. It seems as if this child is being reared to speak her mind regardless of the situation or whatever is going on. Who knows... Needless to say, she is a child and I cannot hold her entirely responsible.

HappyHammer... I don't drink.

MB... would you? If I were single.....................

17. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    My heart aches for you...

Just a bit of food for thought... We are very quick to reject the things that we feel aren't up to standard - I'm overweight, I'd better go to gym. My penis is small, I must enlarge it. My nose is crooked, I need to consult a plastic surgeon. Now in no way am I saying that at times that kind of approach is positive, or it can alleviate our own sense of suffering...but where does it end? Especially when we live in a "flavour-for-the-day" world - what's in today is out tomorrow.

Until finally, we realise that we have spent most our lives trying to get rid of the things that we deem not to be acceptable or below standard - only to find that we have thrown so much of ourselves away, that there really isn't anything left.

I guess that what I'm trying to say, is that there is always a silver lining. Life is a paradox - through death comes life, through pain comes compassion etc. You are part of that paradox....we all are. Your breasts have brought suffering to your life and you have every right to want to rectify it and if you can to go ahead and do so. What I am putting to you, is IN THE MEANTIME, bear in mind that they have helped form you into the compassionate, gentle and sensitive person that you are. Those attributes have had a greater impact on the lives of others, than a pair of perfect breasts would.

Where your breasts and even the reaction of others to it may make you feel self conscious and hold your head in shame, bear in mind that those very same breasts have given you reason to hold your head up high and to look them in the eye for you have much to be proud of and to celebrate.

I really do wish you all of the best and hope that in the meantime you will be able to find the pride you so rightly deserve to wear!

18. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Plastic surgery would only be a temporary fix. When you take fat out of one area of your body, it just shows back up someplace else.

YAG--I am sorry that thei incident effected you so. You know you are a stud and we all have things abour ourselves that we would rather change and often can't.

HUGS

19. bluekarma

bluekarma Well-Known Member

YAG, I have always thought you were in the top three hottest guys on this site. Then when I got to see your personality in chat (a while back when I used to go there) I realized what a catch you are! I understand what it's like to have a physical trait that you are really insecure about. It's easy to practice saying "My body is different and that's okay" - but really believing it is hard. Especially when there are so many "perfect" people walking around. My best advise is to do whatever you can to overcome this, and believe me, I need to practice what I preach on this topic. I am probably the most insecure (about my body) person you'll ever meet, but somehow I manage to push that down once in a while and let my confidence take over...you'd be surprised how much better just thinking "Damn I look good" can make you feel, regardless of what others say, or think or look like. Anyway, just wanted to say that I think you're a total hottie, and that I know how you feel. Take care (((((hugs)))))).

20. Matthew

Gold Member

YAG, I'm sorry to hear about that incident. Of course what you do with your body is entirely up to you, but I do hope you decide to stay as you are. It's not like it's an issue for your partner, and you've obviously got more people who think you're sexy than you can handle. ;>

Many of us stand out from the norm. The more we all learn to do it with pride, the more space there will be for all of us and those who will come after. That said, that kid's words would have undeniably had an affect on me too -- it's human nature to be stung by that.

Hope others will chill out on the 'get surgery' and 'sounds like you got a health problem' posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted