Distribution of members on the map

Jeffin90620

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am looking at a map of LPSG users around the world (http://www.lpsg.org/worldmap/worldmap_members.jpg) and noticed something that struck me as... odd.

Members in the United States seem fairly evenly distributed around the eastern half of the country, forming a straight-line border north from the middle of Texas (except for Minnesota). West of there, clusters in southern and central California, New Mexico (or Arizona?) and the Pacific Northwest.

Europe seems to be fairly well represented, except for western France, northern Spain and most of Italy. Spain I can understand (one of the poorest of western European nations, so not as much Internet access), but France and Italy?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Population in the US is more evenly distributed east of the Mississippi than west of the Mississippi. One reason is that the geography of the western US is more extreme, from the Mojave Desert to the peaks of the Rockies.

Nasa has a revealing composite photograph of the Earth at night, showing the 'line through Texas' you described.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm rather distraught that there don't appear to be any members posting from Iraq.

Also curious how accurate some of this may or may not be as far as the map goes. I am posted as being in Hamden but never indicated on board where this Hamden is so it could be on the west coast, in the Sangre de Cristo mountains, Iowa, Connecticut or maybe even in England or somewhere else entirely.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Shelby said:
Who's that crazy motherfucker floating around straight up from Australia? I hope he's got a good innertube.

Dude, at first I thought he was paddling with his penis, but then I realised he was using it to tread water. He must be hung, and have his technique sorted, because he doesn't seem to be sinking.:wink:

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Most Europeans are limited by the language barrier.
They do Google searches in their own language which doesn't make LPSG one of the first sites to be found.
Just to register at LPSG needs a good command of English.